Chapter 26

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26

 

Taeyeon: Shut up, Kwon. That’s not the issue here. 

Taeyeon hurriedly replied with shaky fingers. 

Yuri: I know, Kim. I was just kidding! Anyway, I’m hella tired. See you when I see you. I need my beauty sleep for my date tomorrow. Night!! :p

‘Date.’ Yeah right. 

Taeyeon: K night

“Hey there panda.” Sunny remarked, snorting.

“Shut up, Sunny.” Taeyeon replied as her eyebrows furrowed.

“You should have slept more you know.” The shorter girl said, pointing out the dark circles under Taeyeon’s eyes. 

“I couldn’t sleep.” Taeyeon simply answered. How could she? She was worried because Yuri would be going out with Jessica later. It bothered her because she knew her bestfriend was a womanizer. Yes, nothing more. 

“And why does coming to school early have to do with that?” Sunny inquired. 

“Doesn’t school make a conducive environment for sleep?” Taeyeon joked. That was a fact. But Sunny didn’t know that Taeyeon went to school early because she needed to fix the mess she made in the infirmary. Good thing Dr. Kang had his off yesterday or else, she would be suspended or receive something worse. 

Noticing Taeyeon began walking away, Sunny asked, “Where are you going?” 

“Getting some sleep.” Taeyeon faked a yawn and headed to her destination. 

Taeyeon opened the door to the infirmary and a frown painted her face upon seeing the havoc she caused. 

“Aish. It was all that idiot's fault.” The short girl heaved a heavy sigh and started cleaning up. 

Tiffany entered the classroom and she spotted Sunny reading a manga on her seat.

“Good morning!” The vice-president greeted with an eyesmile.

“Hey Fany-ah.” Sunny looked up from her manga to greet Tiffany back. 

Tiffany glanced at her watch as she put her things on her desk. “You’re early today. What’s the occasion?” 

“I just feel like coming to school early. How about you?” Sunny resumed her reading. 

“As usual, student council matters. I also need to check the journalism club’s work before they publish the school newspapers.” 

“I see. This year’s school fest was more eventful than the past years, wasn’t it?” Sunny noted, eyes still glued on the comic book in her hands.

Tiffany paused as she thought. Sunny sounded she was hinting something, like she knew something. Unconsciously, her heart started beating violently. What if Sunny saw her and Taeyeon that time? The time where they almost kissed. “What do you mean?” 

“You know, the maid café, and other gimmicks we didn’t have before.” Sunny casually stated. 

Tiffany mentally sighed in relief. “Oh.” 

“By the way, Taeyeon’s already here.” 

“Taetae? Where is she?” Tiffany asked. 

Sunny shrugged her shoulders. “She said she’s going somewhere to sleep.” 

“Why do I feel that Sunny knows something?” Tiffany thought as she watched the other girl drown herself into the comic she was reading. 

After two hours of cleaning, Taeyeon was found lying on her back on bench near the school’s greenhouse, oblivious to the pair of eyes watching her. She had her arms over her chest as she watched the blue skies and white clouds under the shade of an oak tree. 

“A penny for your thoughts?” A voice interrupted her reverie. 

Taeyeon turned her head to the source of the voice, immediately sitting upright when she saw its owner. “Fany-ah?” 

“What are you doing here, Taetae? Classes are starting soon.” She took a seat beside her lover. 

“I was trying to get some sleep.” Taeyeon rubbed her eyes and fixed her hair. “How about you?” 

“Sunny told me you’re already here so I came to look for you.” 

“Oh. Why? You need something?” Taeyeon asked. She knew Tiffany wouldn’t look for her if she just wanted to talk and spend time together with no apparent reason in school. 

“About Sunny,” Tiffany began, clasping her hands together as she spoke, “Do you think she knows something?” 

“Huh?”

“I don’t know if it’s just me, but lately, since we had that fight, she’s been sounding like she knows something.” Tiffany sighed before looking at Taeyeon in the eyes. “About us.”

“I didn’t tell her anything.” Taeyeon said. “She doesn’t know what I am either.” 

“Are you sure?” 

Taeyeon gave her a nod. “I don’t see why she should be suspicious about us. I mean, we barely talk and hang out alone.” The sadness in her voice became noticeable when she uttered the next sentence in a quiet voice. “And we don’t act like we’re a couple at all.” 

Those words hit Tiffany like bricks in the head. Everything that Taeyeon said was true. She wished she could do something. Well, she could, she was just scared. “I’m sorry, Taetae. Am I being unfair to you?” 

Taeyeon didn’t know how to answer that. She would like to say yes, but she was afraid of how Tiffany would respond to that. After all, she had agreed to this setup – they would be together but no one would know and they’d act like they were never an item. She thought the idea was ridiculous. But she loved Tiffany too much that she had become desperate. And crazy. 

So, Taeyeon just shook her head and assured her girl with a smile, “I understand, Fany-ah.” 

“Thank you, Taetae.” 

The school bell rang and the two headed to their class.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter