Chapter 22

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

“Oh yeah! Score!” Taecyeon shouted and Kangin raised his hand to high-five with the former as they watched the two blondes leave the booth. 

“H-hey! Wait!” Sunny stood up to follow Taeyeon and Jessica but Kangin stopped her by the shoulders, pushing her back to her seat. “Don’t worry. They know each other.” 

“Yeah. They’re friends.” Taecyeon added on, “Good friends.” The giant’s goofy smile soon transformed into a series of thunderous laughter. 

“Oh.” Since Taeyeon did not show any signs of protest when Jessica took her with her, Sunny remained in their table and waited for her friend to return as she tended to her food. 

“How long have they been friends? Taeng never mentioned her to me once.” Sunny pondered. She’d seen the way Jessica touch and approach Taeyeon and she found it too intimate. She had been friends with Taeyeon for years but they were never that close. 

“Jeshika! Jeshika! Comeback here!”

“Jeshika! Why did you leave us?” 

“Yah! We’re not doing eating and she leaves us?” 

“Shut the up morons!” Taecyeon growled and slammed his hands against the raucous freshmen’s table, rendering the group speechless, as well as the other patrons.  

With her hand still s around the older girl’s waist, Jessica unlocked the maids’ dressing room with her free hand and kicked the door open. When the two entered the room, Jessica helped Taeyeon to the small couch and walked over to her locker. 

“I just saved your .” 

Taeyeon, the images of the love of her life being sweet to a guy looping in her head, remained still like a statue, except that she was still breathing. Well, barely. 

As Jessica was taking out stuff from her locker, she kept stealing glances at the heartbroken girl. She couldn’t help but mumble, “How pathetic.” to herself. As for someone working in café-bar, such sight was common. She thought she was already used to it but seeing Taeyeon like this affected her in a way.

“Here.” The blonde maid said, proffering a navy blue shirt and a pack of wet tissues to the seated girl. 

Teeth gritted at the older blonde’s unresponsiveness, Jessica threw the things in her hand onto Taeyeon’s lap. “I said take these.” 

“T-thanks…” Taeyeon said in a weak voice as tears were threatening to spill from her eyes. 

“Don’t cry.” Jessica said. It came out like a command. Not comforting as what friends say to friends. “It’s not gonna do anything. How can you get her back if you’re like that?”

Taeyon’s lips pursed as she fought her tears back. “I don’t think she wants me back. You saw the guy she’s with? Choi Siwon, the president of journalism club. He’s everyone’s ideal guy. Looks. Muscles. Brains. Money. He’s also nice and religious.”

Jessica agreed. She could already tell that the young man was statuesque at first glance. “Yeah. He’s hot. Baking hot. So, you’re already giving up?” 

That kind of response from Jessica was expected. But it still made Taeyeon feel worse. “Of course not.” She sighed. “I want her back. But I don’t know what to do. I’m nothing compared to Siwon.”

“True.” The maid nodded. The truth hurts but she didn’t want to comfort the girl with lies. 

Taeyeon’s shoulders dropped, so did her voice. Why did she even expect Jessica to respond with something that would cheer her up? “I thought you’re going to help me.” 

“How? You’ve rejected every plan I proposed.” Jessica stated flatly. 

Taeyeon sighed. “Well… We broke up because she thought you and I are…” 

A sardonic laugh came from Jessica. “Together? Let me guess. You want me to tell her that we aren’t? You think she’s going to believe me?” 

“We won’t know unless you try.”

“No.”

“Jessica please-“

Jessica shook her head firmly. “You already told her that yourself. If she really loves you, she’ll believe you.”

Taeyeon blinked and shot Jessica a questioning look. Told Tiffany what? She didn’t tell her anything. She was too afraid to say a word to the girl thinking that things would just get more knotty than it already was. What was Jessica talking about?  “I didn’t tell her anything.”

. “I meant, you should tell her yourself and see if she’s gonna believe you. If she does, then she still loves you. It’s that simple.” Jessica wasn’t going to admit that she sent that message to Tiffany. Taeyeon hadn’t mentioned about it so she assumed the girl had already forgotten about it. 

“If she doesn’t, then… “ Taeyeon’s voice faded away, almost not wanting to utter the next words. “she doesn’t love me anymore?” 

The blonde shrugged and spoke with nonchalance, albeit she saw the other girl’s pained countenance. “I don’t know. Just go fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter