Chapter 27

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 27

 

Arriving at a café somewhere around Seoul, Yuri and Jessica got off the bike and removed their helmet. Yuri put hers inside her bike compartment and did the same to Jessica’s after the latter handed it to her. Once they reached the entrance, Yuri held the door open for Jessica and walked behind the latter after the blonde made it inside.

They spotted an unoccupied table at the farthest corner and Yuri decided to take that one. The less distractions, the better, right?

Jessica was about to pull her chair but Yuri did it for her. She didn’t want to miss a chance to impress the older girl. “Have a seat please.”

“So, what would you like to have, Jessica?”

Jessica scoffed. “That’s Jessica-‘ssi’ for you. Just because I let you get away with it before it doesn’t mean I’m okay with it. Understood? ”

“But Taeyeon calls you Jessica.” Yuri complained with a pout.

“You’re not Taeyeon.” Jessica stated flatly, sending the younger a deathly glare. “Stop complaining or I’ll leave.”

A disappointed sigh left Yuri. “Fine.” Yuri grabbed the menu and opened it. “So, Jessica-ssi,” Yuri stressed the honorific, “What are you having today?”

“I want a matcha frappe.” A small but unnoticeable smile crept on her lips when she remembered something, someone rather. And mind you, it wasn’t a short person with blonde hair and a stupid smile. “And strawberry muffins.”

“Matcha frappe? Taeyeon likes that too.” Yuri remarked.

“R-really?” Of course, Jessica knew it as well. She just pretended she didn’t. Didn’t Taeyeon always order that when she visited the place where she worked at?

“Yeah. She always orders that when we hang out. Green tea for Taeng and chocolate for me.” Yuri added as she continued to browse the menu. Jessica snorted when she heard Yuri’s pronunciation of chocolate.

“What?”

Jessica shook her head and suppressed her laughter. “I said you should hurry up and order something already.”

“Oh.” Yuri agreed and remained clueless. The waiter arrived and asked for their order. “One green tea frappe,”

“Size?”

“Venti.” Jessica answered.

“Yeah, and one chocolate frappe,” Jessica snorted again when she heard Yuri say chocolate, making Yuri raise a brow at her.

When Jessica didn’t respond, Yuri resumed speaking, “Venti. And Strawberry muffins. And…”

“Spaghetti.”

Jessica couldn’t help it and burst into laughter, causing the other customers to stare at her in puzzlement. Some of them, including the waiter taking their orders, thought that she lost it because she couldn’t stop laughing.

“Jessica, I mean, Jessica-ssi, are you okay? Why are you laughing?” Yuri asked. Jessica just waved her hand, telling Yuri to not mind her as she calmed herself.

“Is that all, ma’am?” The waiter asked. Yuri turned to Jessica and the latter just nodded. “Yeah. We’ll just order again if we feel like eating more.”

“Thank you. Your orders will be here shortly.” The waiter bowed and left.

“Uhm, so Jessica-ssi, tell me something about yourself.” Yuri began as she admired the beauty sitting across her.

“We didn’t come here to chat and get to know each other. Where are your notes? We shouldn’t waste time so we’d finish soon.” Jessica replied, face straight, voice stern.

Yuri sighed. “Uh, I left them. I actually placed them on my bed so I won’t forget to bring it but mom asked me to run some errands.” She lied and rubbed the back of her head. The reason why Jessica let Yuri bring her to this place was because Yuri asked for English lessons after learning that Jessica worked as a part-time tutor. Yuri did it so that she could brag to Taeyeon that she scored a date with the blonde.

Jessica’s face darkened after hearing Yuri’s explanation. She should have known that the other girl had another intention. “If we’re not going to have lessons then I guess there’s no reason for me to stay here.” The blonde rose from her seat but Yuri was quick to stop her.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to forget my stuff. We’re already here so why don’t you just stay? I’m still gonna pay for the lessons.” Yuri offered as she crossed her fingers under the table, silently hoping that the blonde would agree to spend time with her.

Jessica went silent for a while and glanced at Yuri. Usually she’d get mad and leave immediately when she learnt that her clients only wanted her company when they asked for her tutorial services. But Yuri was Taeyeon’s bestfriend, perhaps it would be alright to let it slip away this time. Just this one time, because she had learnt from her co-worker that it was Yuri who brought to her to the infirmary when she had fainted.

“Okay. But if you do this again I’m not meeting you again. Got it?”

Yuri nodded repeatedly as her expression twinkled like stars. “Yes ma’am!”

“Since two hours have already passed, 20,000 won is added to your bill.” Jessica stated as she eyed her watch.

“Already? B-but, you told me last time it’s only 5,000 won per hour?” Money wasn’t really a problem for Yuri but they had already had an agreement.

“Are you complaining?” Jessica gritted her teeth and slammed the table hard for additional threatening effect.

Startled, Yuri reflexively raised her hands in the air. “Nope! Not at all.”

 

A pair of onyx eyes kept glancing back and forth at the clock hanging on the white walls of her flat.

From time to time, the figure would shift her position on the couch, seeming to be anxious and restless.

“It’s been almost 3 hours since they left.” Taeyeon sighed, eyes still on the clock, watching its hands move. Actually, she’d been checking the time on her phone as well. As if there was a difference in time.

Yuri wouldn’t be Taeyeon’s bestfriend if she didn’t trust her a lot. In addition to that, Yuri was really a great friend. Whenever her friends would ask for her help, she would help them in every way she could. But like everyone else, she wasn’t perfect, she had flaws too. One of those was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter