Chapter 18

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

 

Taeyeon’s sobbing ceased upon hearing Jessica’s statement. Using the back of her hand, she wiped her tears and turned to Jessica. “Help? How?”

“There are many ways. It depends on your preference.” Jessica stated. She averted her gaze from Taeyeon’s gloomy face and swollen eyes. She didn’t want to pity the girl.

“I don’t get you.” Taeyeon’s head titled to the side, an eyebrow perked up.

“How naïve. Do you wanna play dirty or nice?”

“What exactly are you planning, Jessica? I don’t want Tiffany to get more upset with me. It’s just going to ruin my chances of getting her back.”

“Okay. Do you have any plans yet?”

Taeyeon shook her head. “No.”

“See?”

“What do you have in mind?”

“I wouldn’t be able to come up with a plan if you don’t tell me the details.”

“Details of what?”

“Of your relationship.”

“Do I really have to?” Taeyeon became hesitant for a while. She promised Tiffany no one would know about their relationship but she already broke it when she told Jessica about it. Would it still hurt if she told Jessica more?

“No, if you’re just going to cry and be all melodramatic as you tell me.”

“Give me a few minutes.” Taeyeon excused herself and grabbed the box of Kleenex with her.

“Take your time.” Jessica stood up from her seat, earning a questioning gaze from the shorter blonde. Jessica ignored it and gathered her things on the couch. “Where are you going?”

“Work.”

“My remedial exam is on Monday. I don’t have much time to revise.”

Jessica threw her a look. “Whose fault is that?”

Taeyeon sighed. Bull’s eye. “When are you going back?”

“Before or after midnight.”

Taeyeon heaved another deep sigh. “Okay. I’ll wait for you then. Here.” Opening one of the drawers on her nightstand, she fished out a single key and handed it to Jessica.

“You’re giving me a key to your flat?” Jessica chuckled.

Taeyeon nodded. “For your own convenience.”

Jessica shrugged and slipped the key into the back pocket of her jeans. “See you later.”

“Take care.” Taeyeon forced a smile and waved goodbye.

 “And fix yourself, you look horrible.”

Taeyeon stood in front of the mirror. She indeed looked horrible. Her eyes were red and puffy, swollen to the point that her eyes looked like they were drawn. Her nose was red and runny as well.

She didn’t bother fixing her appearance. She was gonna spend the whole day crying anyway.

Tiffany’s index finger ran across the screen to unlock her phone. It’s been almost a day since she called their relationship off and Taeyeon never attempted to call or text her. It was always Taeyeon who initiates contacts whenever they had arguments.

Did Taeyeon already forget her? She’s probably busy spending time with ‘her’ Jessica doing things they haven’t done as a couple. Kissing? Cuddling? Or the worst, making love?  Suddenly remembering the scene she had accidentally walked into, Tiffany gripped her phone tight and threw it onto the carpeted floor.

Kneeling at the altar across her room, she clasped her hands together and uttered a silent prayer. “Dear God, I’m so sorry for disobeying You. Please forgive me and cleanse me from this secret sin.”

Midnight arrived and as Jessica expected, Taeyeon was already in dreamland for the girl had not awakened when she knocked on the door thrice. Retrieving the key from her back pocket, she carefully unlocked the door and stepped inside.

The darkness surrounding the insides of Taeyeon’s flat disappeared when Jessica flicked the lights on.  As she padded her way to Taeyeon’s bedroom, a handwritten note lying on the dining table caught her sleepy eyes.

 

Hey Jessica,

In case you haven’t had dinner yet, eat first before we start our lessons. - Taeyeon

 

“Why does she still put her name when there’s no one else living here?” Jessica wanted to scoff but her lips curved into a little smile. She sauntered over the kitchen counter and reheated the food in the microwave.

Nature’s call forced Taeyeon to get up and leave sleep temporarily. She regretted drinking a lot of orange juice before going to bed. Finding her slippers in the dark was a pain but she didn’t bother switching the lights on and headed straight to the bathroom.

“Aigoo! Why didn’t you lock the door?” Taeyeon turned away as she shielded her eyes from the sight of Jessica’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter