Chapter 34

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 34

 

“Are you okay, Tiffany-ssi?”

Tiffany blinked. Did she just zone out again?

“Ah, yes. I’m sorry. You were saying something, Siwon-oppa?” Tiffany replied with a polite smile.

Siwon returned the same smile. Only his was real. Tiffany’s smile was forced, Siwon could tell. They weren’t that close but they had spent time together long enough to pick up someone’s habits and mannerisms.

“Are you okay?” Siwon repeated.

They attended the same church. Tiffany wasn’t as active as he was but these past few weeks, he started to see her more often. It wasn’t his nature to pry on others but being raised by a pastor of a father, he couldn’t help but be concerned about the welfare of other people, especially someone he worked with.
                                                            
Tiffany nodded, smiling weakly. Siwon noticed that her eyes lost the sparkle they always possessed. “Just a little tired.”

“I’m here, if you need someone to talk to.” Siwon’s dimpled smile assured her that she wasn’t alone.

It didn’t take long when Tiffany took his offer.

When their meetings took past 6, Siwon would insist to buy her food or coffee and a ride when their driver arrived late. The Choi family was acquaintances with the Hwang family so her parents trusted Siwon and invited him to have dinner with them occasionally. It was obvious her parents liked him a lot. Tiffany could tell the way they welcomed him into their home. The hospitality they showed him wasn’t there when Taeyeon came once. 

Siwon’s company provided a good distraction. She was less distracted by thoughts of Taeyeon, thus she was able to fulfill her duties more efficiently and effectively. 

She just let Taeyeon reflect from her mistakes. Sooner or later, she’d realize that she couldn’t live without her. Taeyeon then would apologize and she’d forgive her afterwards. 

It happened many times already so Tiffany remained confident that Taeyeon would come back to her no matter what happened.

 

 

Yuri was sweating. Her hands were drenched with cold sweat and Jessica could feel how nervous she was as she felt how Yuri’s hand trembled in hers. Jessica was nervous too. Only because she could feel how violent Yuri’s heart thumped in her chest. What if it broke through her ribcage and jumped out of her chest? How morbid.

“Yes…”Jessica muttered as she held Yuri’s expectant gaze.

Just when Yuri’s brown optics began to light up with joy, Jessica sneered and withdrew her hand harshly from Yuri’s grasp.  A sinister smile replaced that feigned innocence. “What makes you think I’d say yes?”

Yuri’s face fell. That was a hell of a bilious response. She didn't expect Jessica would play a prank on her on times like this. squeezed tight, so did her chest. There was air but she couldn’t breathe. Her heart was still pumping aggressively but she couldn’t feel the blood flow in her veins.

“.” This was what exactly Taeyeon told her the first time Tiffany broke her heart.  And she thought Taeyeon was only being overly melodramatic when she told her how much it hurt.

She wanted to laugh at herself but she felt like crying more. 

Is this the feeling of being played on? What was going on in her head when she thought Jessica liked her too? Just because she accepted your invites you think she likes you back? Ridiculous. That’s what you get for letting your overconfidence get into your head. You have become so blind that you only see what you want to see. 

“Next time, don’t involve me in your childish games. I’ve had enough.” Jessica’s ice cold voice inflicted more pain to her already bleeding heart. 

“Before you go, can you answer me?” Yuri struggled to find her voice. “Do you have someone you love?”

Jessica just shot her an empty look and got off the car and hailed the nearest cab in sight.

Hot tears wetted the stirring wheel as a series of dull laughter echoed in the car. 

Karma is indeed a .

 

 

Startled, Taeyeon sat upright in her bed when she heard the door slam. Was Yuri trying to break her door? She readied her insults when the sound of footsteps nearing her reached her ears. 

The door was kicked opened and revealed, 

“J-Jessica?”

Jessica stomped her way to Taeyeon’s bed, her arms crossing over her chest.  Her face was seething with fury as she tried to control her breathing. She admitted that she went ballistic when she displaced the anger that was meant for Taeyeon onto Yuri after finding out that Taeyeon asked her bestfriend to make a promise that involved her.  “What the hell was that?”

Taeyeon gulped at the terrifying sight. Her face paled more.  What did she do this time? “What?”

Jessica pursed her lips tightly. “Yuri. Promise. Rings a bell?”

Oh. Yuri must have already confessed. But Taeyeon wasn’t so sure. “About that… Did she-“

Jessica didn’t let her finish. “I’m old enough. I don’t need someone to take care of me. Do I look like I’m inept to take care of myself that you needed to ask someone to look after me?”

“I didn’t say that. I just want you to be… happy.” Taeyeon hung her head low. “With Yuri.”

“What do you even know about my happiness, Taeyeon?”

Money. Because it makes the world go round. Taeyeon would like to answer that, but that would make Jessica sound greedy. She liked earning money on her own thus she was never the gold-digger type. But Yuri proved how serious she was with Jessica. Her wealth was just a bonus if they got together. “Doesn’t she make you happy?”

“Don’t answer my question with a question.” Jessica hissed, her glare sharpening. 

Intimidated, Taeyeon began to play with her fingers. She kept her gaze on the floor. “I think you’re happy with her. You spend time with her a lot. You two grew closer. Can’t you see? Yuri loves you. What’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter