Chapter 28

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

 

“That’s it?”

Jessica stopped from her tracks and turned around to face Yuri with a questioning look.

“You’re not gonna say anything before we leave?” asked Yuri. 

The blonde maid remained quiet for two seconds before responding with a sarcastic, “Thank you?”

“Oh come on.” Yuri groaned as she kicked the bike stand to the ground and hopped off of it. Taeyeon tried to stop her but the taller girl was too quick to move.

The biker made her way to Jessica, leaning her head forward, pointing at her cheek using her index finger.

“Get lost.” Jessica glared at Yuri and trudged into her apartment.

“Playing hard to get, huh?” Yuri smirked to herself.

Taeyeon was sporting a boastful smile as she reminded her best buddy, patting her on the shoulder. “I told you she’s not that type of girl.”

“We shall see.” Yuri chuckled. A confident grin formed on her lips as she watched Jessica disappear into her apartment. 

“So, what is it that you wanna borrow?” Yuri asked as she unlocked the door to her room, throwing her keys to the study table.

“Uh…” Taeyeon looked around the room as she thought of her excuse. “New games?”

“Didn’t you tell me you have already quit gaming because Tiffany doesn’t like it when you do?”

“Y-yeah.” A hand scratched the back of her head. “It’s not that I’m gonna play like I used to. I just kind of missed it you know.”

“Your Fany Fany Tiffany will get mad if she finds out you’re ‘wasting’ your precious time on videos games again.” Yuri joked as walked over to her shelf of games and grabbed the new titles she brought with her from overseas.  

“Here. Watch Dogs. Black Flag.” She handed the two blu-rays to the short girl and groaned. “Tch, I’ve been so busy. I haven’t finished AC IV yet and there’s Freedom Cry DLC already.”

“Thanks. It’s been a while since I played AC games. I'm so outdated.” Taeyeon said, smiling, reminiscing the past.

“Really?” Yuri took off her black leather jacket and hung it on the back of her door. “I remember we used to stay up late and play games until the sun rises.”

“Yeah, and our parents would scold and punish us when they catch us.” Taeyeon laughed as she remembered her younger days with her bestfriend.

“Why don’t you stay the night? It’s already midnight and there’s no way I’m driving you home because I’m so tired.” Yuri said with a chuckle.

Taeyeon raised a fist and pretended to punch the taller girl. “You mean bastard.”

Yuri shielded her face with her hand. “That, and we also need to catch up. You don’t have school tomorrow, do you?”

Taeyeon nodded.

After taking their showers respectively, the two were in now in their loungewear. Yuri brought extra pillows and blankets for her friend and placed them on the bed. 

Plopping herself onto the soft mattress, Yuri began. “How’s it going with Tiffany?”

Taeyeon sighed heavily, eyes up to the ceiling. “Same.”

“Same?”

“We’re still a secret couple. No one knows, except you and Jessica.”

“Seriously? How long have you been dating again?”

“8 months.”

“And, the farthest base you've reached?" A erted smile graced the taller girl's lips, making the older one's brows furrow.

Taeyeon let out a frustrated groan. “Don’t even ask.”

Yuri slapped her arm lightly. “Oh come on. Just tell me!”

“A kiss…” Taeyeon paused, hesitating to say the next phrase as she knew Yuri would make fun of her. 

“On the cheek.”

"Oh my god! You've gotta be joking." Yuri said in a serious tone but she soon burst into laughter when Taeyeon didn't deny it.

"A kiss on the cheek? Really? That's it? How weak!" Tears streamed down Yuri's face as she kept on making fun of Taeyeon. "I can't believe you're my bestfriend!"

"Shut up already!" Taeyeon's nostrils flared, face flustered. As if Yuri heard nothing, Taeyeon grabbed her pillow and slapped the former with it.

Yuri’s laughter subsided as she removed the soft object and put it aside. "But seriously Taeng, you can't be like this forever. I don't wanna say it but we know you won't end up with Tiffany."

"I know. I knew from the start." Taeyeon's voice came out weak, almost inaudible. She sat up and hugged her knees.

"Taeng..." Yuri rose from the bed and sat beside her bestfriend. "Don't you think it's time to speak up? Tiffany's been very unfair to you for a long time."

"She made rules." Taeyeon rested her head on her knees. "And I agreed with them. I have no right to complain, Yuri."

“Bull!” Yuri exclaimed. “You’re her girfriend. Not her slave. Though you’re acting like one.” 

“I’m not her slave.” Taeyeon defended. 

“Hah. What? She makes rules and you can’t? She tells you what to do but you can’t do the same to her? Open your eyes, Taeng.” Yuri said.

“Can we-” Taeyeon gritted her teeth, a hand gripping the sheets tightly. “Can we just stop talking about this? This is between me and Tiffany.” 

“Fine, if that’s what you want. Don’t you ever interfere between me and Jessica.” Yuri spat out and lay on the bed, her back facing Taeyeon.

“There’s no you and Jessica.” Taeyeon stated in a matter-of-fact manner.  

Yuri cackled, a cocky smirk gracing her lips. “She’ll be mine soon. You’ll see.” 

“I doubt.”

“Are you challenging me, Kim Taeyeon?” 

“I’m not. I’m telling you to stop bothering her because you’re just wasting your time.” Taeyeon answered firmly. 

“Is that all, Taeyeon?” Yuri probed, quite doubtful. 

Armed with her ‘what-do-you-mean’ look, Taeyeon slid back to the bed and faced Yuri.

“I’m just wondering. When I was still living here in Korea, you never bothered when I hook up with different girls. What’s with Jessica? You’ve been, well, I can’t say overprotective, but you were protecting her like you are her girlfriend. Heck, I even thought she was Tiffany when we first met because you were acting like that.”  Yuri stated. 

Taeyeon swallowed her spit. Her eyes avoided Yuri’s unconsciously. “I told you she’s my friend. I don’t want her to get hurt. I’d act the same if it were Sunny too.” 

“Oh, so she’s more important than me to you now? I’m so hurt! I thought I was your bestfriend!” Yuri feigned disappointment and pouted in mockery. 

“Stop twisting my words. I know you’re just attracted to her appearance. You just want to get in her pants.” Taeyeon said in a reprimanding tone. 

“What if I told you I really like her and I’m serious about her?” Yuri suddenly asked. 

Half-minute of silence. 

Hastily, Taeyeon shifted on the bed, her back facing Yuri. She pulled up the blankets and hugged her pillow hissing, “I’ve had enough of your today, Kwon. Good night!” 

Yuri just chuckled and turned off the bedside lamp.

“Hey!” 

Taeyeon groaned as she felt something big but soft hit her face. 

“Hey shorty! Wake up!” Yuri pulled the blankets off the sleeping girl. Taeyeon immediately curled into a ball when the cold breeze of the A/C grazed her skin. 

When Taeyeon didn’t get up the bed, Yuri tackled the small girl and began tickling her sides. A series of ahjumma-like laughter echoed throughout the room a few moments after. 

“S-stop it Kwon!” Taeyeon muttered in annoyance but she laughed again when Yuri repeatedly attacked her sides again. 

“Goddammit! Get off-“ Taeyeon tried to suppress her laugh but failed. “Get off… of me!! Hahahaha.”

“Not until you get up midget!” 

Striving to breathe, Taeyeon threw her hands up; one struggled to grab the bla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter