Chapter 1

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“How long are we going to keep this as a secret?”

“I- I don’t know.  I… I just can’t tell anyone else about this. I’m sorry, Taeyeon. You understand why, right?”

All I could do was nod. There’s nothing I could do, right? After all, it was me who agreed to this. We could be officially together as long as no one else would know about our relationship. Tiffany and her family are strict Christians. For people like them, this kind of relationship is taboo. It’s a miracle that Tiffany feels the same way for me and I’m really thankful for that. But sometimes, I just want to tell the world how much I love her and that how happy I am to have someone like her in my life. I’ve told her many times about this but she just tells me that the world doesn’t need to know and knowing that already makes her the happiest person in the world.

“Right, Tae?”

That snapped me out of from my train of thoughts. “I’m sorry?”

“You weren’t listening, were you?” She said and pouted. Damn, she really looks cute when she does that.

“I’m sorry, Fany-ah. I was just thinking about something. What were you saying again?” I looked at her with my brightest, dorkiest smile, pretending it was just nothing.  Glad it worked.

“I said, we are going to have dinner tomorrow at my house.  I was asking if you wanna come and join us.”

What? A dinner with her family? I definitely don’t like the idea. It’s too awkward! Now that we are an item, I’m not even sure how to act in front of her family, her religious family.

“Why? Is there a celebration or something?” I asked, trying to divert her attention.

“Nothing. Mom told me I can bring friends over so I am inviting you.” She replied. Her eyes pleading like a puppy.

“Well…” Is all I can say. Should I come? What if her parents or siblings notice that something’s going on between us? I’m sure they’ll never let Tiffany see me ever again and I don’t want that to happen. I was about to refuse her invitation but my mind went blank when she whispered to my ear.

“I’ll give you a kiss if you come.”

I felt my cheeks burn at that. We’ve been like this for quite a while and we never did anything intimate besides hugs and holding hands, if you can consider them as one. Heck, we barely do it as we, no, she fears that someone might see us.

Instead of giving a word of response, I chuckled and tried to make the atmosphere l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter