Chapter 25

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25

 

“I was about to text you to have coffee. I’m glad that you’re already here.” Yuri grinned as she approached her bestfriend with a tap on the shoulder.  “And hello to you, Jessica~ It’s so nice to see you.” The tan girl flashed the blonde a charming smile but Jessica averted her gaze to the side like she didn’t see Yuri.

“What are you doing here?” Taeyeon interrupted.

“Like I said I was gonna have coffee.” Yuri answered and finally noticed the other person beside Taeyeon. Seeing that the girl was as pretty as Jessica, Yuri put on her 'charmer' face as she talked to the brunette. “Hello. I’m Kwon Yuri, Taeyeon’s bestfriend. You are?”

“Tiffany Hwang.” Tiffany politely introduced and bowed.

“Oh, Tiffany. Taeyeon’s-“ Yuri was gonna say girlfriend but Taeyeon quickly covered Yuri’s mouth with her hand. “Shut up.” Taeyeon silently commanded and only released her hand when Yuri nodded in acknowledgment.

Tiffany questioned Taeyeon with her eyes and the latter responded with an ‘I will explain later’ look. Jessica saw Tiffany’s reaction and smirked to herself.

“So, what are you doing here, Taeng?” Yuri began.

“I had dinner with Tiffany and her cousins.” Taeyeon said and Tiffany nodded along.

“And you gorgeous?” Yuri inquired with a playful wink.

Jessica huffed and didn’t answer.

“She had dinner with us as well.” Taeyeon explained.

“I see. So, you’re all going home now?” Yuri asked.

“Taeyeon and I are going to have coffee at the newly opened café over there.” Tiffany said.

“Oh, do you mind if we come along?” Yuri asked.

“We?” Taeyeon raised a brow.

“Yeah, Jessica and I.” Yuri said and wrapped an arm around Jessica’s waist but the maid pulled away immediately and distanced herself from the former a foot away.

“Don’t touch me.” Jessica warned Yuri with a sharp glare.

“Okay, okay.” Yuri raised her hands in the air. Tiffany scowled when she heard Yuri’s next statement. “Only Taeyeon is allowed to touch you.”

“Damn you, Yuri.” Taeyeon cursed quietly and then quickly turned to Tiffany eyes saying, ‘Don’t believe her.’ Tiffany didn’t buy it though as she was looking at Jessica with a displeased expression plastered on her face. Taeyeon was glad that Jessica wasn’t looking at them.

“I have to go now. Excuse me.” Jessica said and began walking away.

“Hey wait! Let me take you home. My bike’s over there.” Yuri quickly followed the blonde and held her arm.

“I said don’t touch me.” Jessica withdrew her arm from Yuri’s grip glowered at the taller girl.

“Don’t be so cold to me. I’m just being friendly. It’s already late and you have to walk almost two kilometers to get to the bus station. What if something happens to you?” Yuri expressed her worries. Jessica glanced at her watch and sure enough, it was already a quarter to ten in the evening and there wasn’t any cab passing by the streets.

“Fine.” Jessica surrendered with a sigh. She was tired and she had work tomorrow. Yuri was Taeyeon’s bestfriend, maybe it wouldn’t hurt to trust her a little.

A big smile surfaced on her lips when Jessica accepted her offer. “I’m going with Jessica. Let’s save the coffee next time, yeah?”

“Okay.” Taeyeon nodded hesitatingly. She wanted to say something but she couldn’t because Tiffany was there. Yuri noticed that Taeyeon was surreptitiously glancing at Jessica and she knew Taeyeon was worried. “I’ll make sure she gets home safely.” She reassured the shorter girl.

“It was nice meeting you, Tiffany. I’m sorry that I have to leave soon.” Yuri gave her an apologetic smile.

“It’s okay. The three of us can have coffee some other time.” Tiffany replied and flashed her eye smile.

“I’ll look forward to that. Have fun, okay?” Yuri bid goodbye to the couple and escorted Jessica to her bike.

“Let’s go?” Yuri smiled at Jessica but she didn’t smile back. “Here, wear this.”

Jessica took the helmet from her and put it on her head, struggling with the straps. Without a word, Yuri helped her fasten the chin strap with a smile as she did so, unaware that Jessica was watching her.

After undoing the stand, Yuri hopped onto her bike and gestured Jessica to do the same. When Jessica did, Yuri started the engine and reminded the girl to hold on tight. Jessica almost fell backwards when Yuri accelerated if she didn’t wrap her arms around the latter’s waist in reflex. Yuri knew it didn’t happen on purpose but she loved the feeling.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon was busy watching Jessica and Yuri as they took their leave until she felt Tiffany tug on her arm. “Let’s go, Taetae.”

She should be happy that she’d be spending time with her Tiffany alone and celebrate their monthsary without interruptions but for unknown reasons to her, every step she took with Tiffany felt heavy.

“This place is nice. I love the food too.” Tiffany said as she took a forkful of her lasagna.

“Yeah.” Taeyeon agreed as she nursed her matcha latte. It tasted nice but the one served on Maid in Heaven was so much better. In fact, it was her favorite but she opted to keep the comment to herself. No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter