Last Tears and First Smile

My Miracle

‘Seriously noona you’re scare me now,’ said Jonghyun as he drives the car.

Frequently he glances to Mari who is snuggling at passenger seat with her back facing Jonghyun.

‘Just drive well, and don’t ask me to stop, I wanna cry today,’ said Mari among her sobs.

‘That’s what I mean, I’ve never see you cry but today, can you tell me why are you crying?’

Mari did not reply, but Jonghyun knows that his noona is still crying silently. They have shared silence moment since then, only Mari's silent sobbing that heard inside the milky white mini cooper.

‘Well, will you keep crying inside the car or get out?’ Jonghyun asked and once Mari realize he already parked the car under the big tree.

Mari stirred up and looks around; it was the place she used to come and spent the night together with Jonghyun but she've never come at day. Mari opens the car door and she saw Jonghyun already stretching his both hands then sits on the beach near the low wall at the edge of the hill.

Jonghyun look up to his noona, her face is red and her eyes are puffy but she didn’t say anything just sits beside him.

‘The view look nicer at night,’ said Mari.

Jonghyun speaks nothing, he seems fed up to try to ask what happen with Mari.

‘I think the time is over,’ said Mari in flat voice.

Jonghyun turns his head but Mari looking straight, into the distant.

‘He said I just his friend, his friend that doesn’t wanna see me to get hurt, but he didn’t realize he hurt me already.’

Jonghyun turn his body and fully facing Mari although she keeps herself straight on her own.

‘Are you saying that you already confess to him?’ Jonghyun asked in disbelief.

Mari shrugged and stood up, tears drop and boiling her cheeks once again.

‘Sorry noona, I’ve no idea about something like this, you meet wrong person today, you’d meet Yongyongie hyung not me,’ Jonghyun said in low voice.

Mari laughed, ‘your idea to bring me here is pretty nice though. Don’t worry; I’ll just cry today, tomorrow you’ll see the old Mari and I think enough for me to have you.’

‘Thanks, but I don’t like you say such a thing, you loved by many people not only me,’

Mari shrugged and sits back beside Jonghyun, ‘you said you need help, what it is?’

Jonghyun shook his head, ‘on the second thought I guess I better asked Jungshin for that,’

And Mari stomach feels like turn over upon hearing Jungshin’s name.

***

Dorm is pretty quite when Jungshin arrive, seemingly everybody gone for schedule, but obviously not Jonghyun. He let out a deep breath thinking of Jonghyun and Mari.

Jonghyun and Mari, the couple that make him queasy, just by one call from Jonghyun, Mari left him and he still can’t  get rid the image how Jonghyun hugged Mari at the street today. That was so Jonghyun, he will never care especially the rule of being nice and protecting his image as idol, and hugging a girl at public area is one of the thing that Jonghyun will do without worry.

It doesn’t mean that he won’t do the same way for the sake of protecting his image, but according to Yonghwa, Jonghyun has crush on Jinyi, then what Mari to him?

He knows how close Mari with Jonghyun and not only to Jonghyun but also with his family, Jonghyun’s mother often said that she’s so thankful because Mari help her to take care of her only son.

Annoyed by his own thought Jungshin unconsciously falls asleep. The best way to get rid something unpleasant for sure.

***

‘Lee Jonghyun, I told you I’m okay, I’m fine, and this couldn’t bring me down,’ Mari repeated the sentence for dozen times already but Jonghyun seems didn’t believe. ‘I won’t do silly thing, okay, I promise.’

‘Seriously? I can stay –’

‘Then what about Jinyi?’

‘I can call her, told her if I’m busy,’

Mari shook her head,’ no Pet, don’t let my problem to take you back from what you supposed to take, Jinyi is now  waiting, just go, I’ll be fine.’

‘But noona –’

‘Go …’ Mari push Jonghyun out of her apartment, ‘bye … happy dating …’

Jonghyun left Mari reluctantly, several times he glance back and Mari still there, leaning against the doors with smile – though her eyes still puffy – and waving to him. And Mari didn’t left until Jonghyun vanish from her sight.

With Jonghyun’s gone, Mari sighed by her loneliness. She has never felt lonely before because of her books are waiting for her to be read and write but these days, especially once she decided to move to Korea, she seems rarely touch her book. And this time too, instead of reading her numerous books Mari sits in front of her piano and start playing My Miracle, the song that stuck inside her head recently. Thanks to Jonghyun that composed the song.

***

‘You’ve never call me first,’ protest Jinyi once they parked at Han River bank.

‘Umm … I’m bit busy today,’ Jonghyun made an excuses.

‘Not only today, but have you remember when do you call me first?’ Jinyi pouted.

Jonghyun couldn’t believe his eyes, how come the girl pouted cutely? And he’s almost sure that his heart now is about to jump out from his chest.

‘I guess, I didn’t used to call you Jinyi, its sounds strange to me,’ Jonghyun chuckled.

Jinyi laughed, loud, but in Jonghyun’s ear Jinyi as if serenaded him, gahh what happen with me, this girl just laughs and what the special thing about somebody’s laugh?

‘We’re the same then, its sounds funny to me whenever I called you Jonghyun,’ and Jinyi roared with laughter.

‘Is my name funny to you?’

Jinyi shook her head and still laughing.

‘What if I call you Collin? I think its better,’

‘But I’m definitely not Collin,’

‘And I’m absolutely not Ahri,’

Both of them look at each other and burst out into laughter.

‘Okay let’s pretend we’re Ahri and Collin,’ said Jinyi cheerfully.

‘What if my feeling to you didn’t pretending?’ that word slipped out from Jonghyun’s mouth without even Jonghyun ever realize it. And once he realize it, he sees Jinyi look at him blankly.

Both of them stunned by the sudden and unexpected revelation, and after shared an awkward moment Jinyi finally broke the awkwardness.

‘I’m hungry, shall we find something to eat?’

‘Umm … well yeah good idea …’

Jinyi did not change; she is still the same as Jinyi before. Did she think it just something slipped out and not for serious one? Ahhh why she just like noona? I’ve never able to read their mind?