Do I Miss Something Here?

My Miracle

Mari said or asked Jonghyun nothing when he fetches her on the next day and both of them share a silence along the way they drive from Mari’s apartment into her office.

‘Will you guys at home for dinner?’ Mari asked when she’s about to leave.

‘I think so, why?’

‘We'll shop first before home tonight; you have no schedule, haven’t you?’

Jonghyun shook his head,

‘Okay, so as usual,’ and Mari steps out from her car. ‘Forget to ask; today you don’t have another date, do you?’

‘Noona!’ Jonghyun blushed and Mari roared with laughter.

‘Enjoy your day Pet,’ she winked.

Suddenly Jonghyun’s remember his conversation with Jinyi about the owner of his Noona’s heart,

‘Noona,’ Jonghyun called Mari who is already walking away.

‘What?’

‘Are you really happy if I’m seeing someone?’

Mari raised her eyes and walking back to her car, right beside driver’s seat window,

‘What kind of question is that?’ Jonghyun shrugged, ‘of course I’m happy, very indeed, ahh my pet is growing up now, I shouldn’t call you Pet anymore,’ Mari laughed.

Mari did not realize if Jonghyun observed her face, and lightly stepping away.

After Mari leaves, Jonghyun thinking back what had just happening and what Jinyi had said yesterday. Mari looks purely happy, happy sister that finally knows her brother finding someone to lean on. Sometimes they do skinship but the feeling is not like man to woman, he has no feeling at all and he is pretty sure Mari feels the same way with him.

‘Aigoo, what I’m thinking? Am I crazy??? Of course she is; she is noona.’ Jonghyun rummaged his hair before start the engine and leaving the car park.

***

Mari opens the door and step aside, letting Jonghyun in with both hands full of plastic bags.

‘Omo, what is this?’ Minhyuk exclaimed by seeing Jonghyun brings in many their daily supply.

‘Good then, we don’t need to shop for some days or maybe a week,’ Yonghwa laughed.

‘Oh waeyo?’ Jonghyun asked as he passed the stuff into Minhyuk and Jungshin for them to bring in to the kitchen.

‘Eomma just came and filling up the refry,’ Minhyuk replied from kitchen.

‘Oh my God, the refry is full now,’ Mari chuckled.

‘Is not enough space?’ Jungshin asked.

Mari shook her head, ‘Let see, I think I still can manage to arrange these, wahh you guys don’t need to be starving then,’

‘We’re still if you aren’t come and cook for us,’ Jonghyun said.

‘Yah Lee Jonghyun, you have to learn how to cook, you need to eat so you have to cook it by yourself,’

‘No I won’t, if you won’t I’ll just call delivery service. Easy and fast,’

‘Oh let me do it,’ Jungshin gave sudden offer when Mari struggles to put some freeze food into fridge that far above – the refry is a big one and Mari used to call it chiller instead – her. ‘This too?’ Jungshin asked and Mari nodded and passing Jungshin another pack to arrange there.

‘Is still has space?’

Jungshin nodded and Mari gives him the last mix veggie pack.

Jonghyun approached them then said, ‘you know, you two look like a new-wed couple arranging your new house –’ and Mari hit his head immediately, lucky for her, none notice her blushing face.

‘Noona its hurt!’

‘Good if you still sense it, wanna some more?’ Mari asked and about to leave kitchen when Jonghyun asked once again,

‘Where do you go?’

‘Going home? Where else I should be?’

‘Cook me supper first,’

‘ Yah! We’ve just eat!?’

‘I wanna eat, noona … noona … I wanna eat,’

With Jonghyun disturb Mari with all his whined and aegyo, at last Mari surrenders.

‘Yongie what do you want?’

‘Anything,’ Yonghwa replied with still busy with his guitar.

‘Minhyukie’

‘Anything!’

‘And you?’ Mari turns to Jungshin who still in the kitchen and folding plastic bag from supermarket before.

‘Same with they’re two, anything you cook it’s fine,’ Jungshin smiled.

‘Noona, you asked them but you didn’t ask me? It’s me, who ask you to cook supper,’ protest Jonghyun.

Mari did not reply just shoot the boy behind her with fierce glare and Jonghyun hugged her tightly at once.

‘Ahh okay, you’re always the best noona, ah no, my second mother hehe …’

‘Yah Lee Jonghyun! I can’t cook I you keep holding me,’

‘Thanks mum,’ he released Mari and planted a kiss on her cheek.

‘Silly,’ Mari mumbled.

Mari did not know if Jungshin never let go off his eyes with everything had happened with her and Jonghyun right under his nose.

Mari, although she is one of the most stone-headed people he ever knew but when it comes to Jonghyun, she will completely change. She does everything what Jonghyun asked, maybe at first she will refuse but in the end she will end up doing what she was told.

Jungshin also still thinking about Mari’s real reason why she takes FNC’s boss offer to be the FNC’s magazine chief editor. She did not answer his question that day, but with her closeness toward Jonghyun, nothing is impossible. But then, both Yonghwa and Minhyuk seem enjoy as if nothing has happened between the guitarist and their best friend.

Who is the one Mari’s wanted to be close with? That question stay on Jungshin’s head for days and now it seems wanna out again.

***

 

It’s been weeks since Mari working as Chief Editor and since that day Jonghyun turns to be her driver, kiddo driver actually with all his silly and childish act. People in the company start to be curious with their relationship which – no need to ask – Jonghyun never pay attention with.

The same goes for Yonghwa, whenever he had this question he just simply replied, “what are you expect from the child?” referring their relationship no more than silly kid’s act.

‘But sometimes I’m wondering too,’ said Minhyuk suddenly when they hang out at the Dreamy Coffee with Jungshin and Yonghwa, Jonghyun was nowhere near them for him must be with Mari or Jinyi.

‘Wondering about what?’ Jungshin asked as he sips his latte.

‘Mari and Jonghyunie hyung,’

‘With those all creepy rumors? Blimey, are you got into gossip poisoned too?’ Yonghwa laughed. 

Minhyuk shook his head heavily, ‘Of course not! But even if there something between them, it wouldn’t be surprise though,’

Yonghwa’s laugh grew loud, ‘ahh you guys really, both of them never are, have you ever see sister and brother dating?’

‘They aren’t sibling,’ Jungshin replied.

‘True,’ Yonghwa nodded, ‘but then they’re mother and kid.’

‘Anyway hyung, you’re look pretty sure with this,’

Yonghwa nodded.

‘Explain then,’

‘Jonghyunie, he’s about to chasing after Jinyi, ’

Couples of eyes widened in surprise.

‘Jinyi noona? Are you sure?’ Minhyuk reconfirm it.

‘He told me everything yesterday …’

Yonghwa’s explanation coming vaguely to Jungshin, his mind is traveling away from their conversation, Jinyi? Jonghyun has crush on Jinyi? Then what about Mari?