Epilog

My Miracle

Ten years later

 

 

 

 

‘Daddy!’

 

A baby girl sprinted forward once a group of men appeared on the arrival hall.

The man took of his shade and smiled widely before bended down and scooped the little girl with his two hands after abandoning his bag on to the floor.

 

‘I miss you Dad!’ she exclaimed and began to showering his Daddy with kiss.

‘Daddy also misses my princess, how is my princess doing? Is she being a good princess?’

 

The girl nodded excitedly before listing her good deeds.

 

‘Of course Dad, the princess wakes up before Mummy wakes her up, she help Mum preparing breakfast, she drinks milk, she went to preschool and be a good student, never put Hyunjin Oppa in trouble, napping on 1 and wake up by 3, and sleep by 9 evening, are those god enough?’

 

The man smiled and eye-locked with the smiling-woman who stood in front of him.

 

‘Alright, since princess was being good princess, Daddy will give you special present,’ he put down his baby girl and took rectangular purple box and gave it to her.

 

Her eyes sparkling with happiness upon receiving the gift.

 

‘What is it Dad?’

‘Special gift for the special princess,’ he smiled.

‘Can I open this?’ she asked with pleading eyes but his Daddy shook his head.

‘Later, you will need Hyunjin Oppa to help you,’

 

The girl pouted but it was not stay longer, because her eyes lit up with another spark.

 

‘Yonghwa Appa, Minhyuk Appa!’ she exclaimed once again and hurriedly run to the said names.

‘Hello princess, happy belated birthday,’ Yonghwa lifted her up.

‘Thank you Yonghwa Appa,’ she cried happily when Yonghwa give her birthday present with his other hands.

‘Nah, happy belated birthday to you too princess,’ Minhyuk handed her a small blue box.

‘I love you Minhyuk Appa,’ she leaned forward and kissed Minhyuk full in his lips.

 

But her happiness soon vanished and her face replaced by frowned.

 

‘Sisi, is there something wrong?’ Yonghwa asked once he notices the girl’s expression.

Sisi tilted her head, ‘Pet, where’s my gift?’

 

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A moment later laughter erupted in the arrival hall while Jonghyun was perplexed.

Utterly perplexed if they may say.

 

‘What did you just call me?’ Jonghyun asked.

 

Sisi pouted and quietly asked Yonghwa to put her down.

 

‘Pet,’ Sisi shortly replied, ‘So, where’s my gift?’ she repeat and stretched out her hand asking for her present.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened.

 

‘Yah! Lee Sisi, why do you call me Pet? You call Yonghwa Hyung and Minhyukie Appa, why are you so biased!?’ Jonghyun was practically shouting over five year’s old girl.

 

Who was she that dared to call him pet?

 

‘Why can’t I? Beside you already have Hyunjin Oppa to call you Appa,’ Sisi reasoned.

 

Yonghwa and Jungshin were trying to suppress their laughter while Minhyuk picked up the call from his lovely yet — still — annoying wife.

 

‘Yah Noona what did you teach to your daughter?’ Jonghyun asked the one who did not utter any word since the commotions happened in the arrival hall, but before Mari could speak anything, Sisi was run to her mother and hug her leg while accusingly shoot glare toward the man named Lee Jonghyun.

‘Don’t hurt my Mum!’

 

Jonghyun sighed, kids these days, he mentally slapped himself. So instead to continue his fighting with his niece, Jonghyun turned his attention to the boy who stood silently beside him, his son, Hyunjin. He gestured the boy to take something from his bag. Hyunjin understood almost immediately and not long after he tugged Sisi’s arms that still wrapping her mother’s leg.

 

‘Come with me Sisi-ah,’ Hyunjin said.

‘Where?’ Sisi asked.

‘Back to the car, you will go with me, won’t you?’

 

Sisi hesitated for moment.

 

‘I still miss my Dad,’ she mumbled and looked up to her dad that chatting with his band mates and her Mum.

‘You promised me,’ Hyunjin reminded her.

 

Sisi sighed.

 

‘Ara Oppa, I won’t break my promise,’ Sisi smiled before let go of her grasp and walked toward her Dad.

‘Dad,’ Sisi called.

‘Yes princess?’

‘I’m sorry I can’t go home with you, I promise Hyunjin Oppa ...’

 

Jungshin bended down on her level and pinched her cheeks.

 

‘It’s okay, but please behaves and don’t trouble Jinyi Eomma, is that understood?’

 

Sisi nodded vigorously and hugged him by neck. She turned to her Mum and gave another hug and kiss on the lips.

 

‘Let’s go Oppa,’ Sisi grinned from ear to ear.

‘Wait,’ Hyunjin said.

 

Sisi furrowed as Hyunjin stretched out his hand.

 

‘What?’

‘Let me carry your presents,’ Hyunjin pointed to the bags Sisi was carrying on her tiny hands.

 

Without argue the girl gave the bags to the elder boy.

 

‘Hold on my shirt,’ Hyunjin commanded her.

‘I’m okay Oppa —’ Sisi refused.

‘I said hold on my shirt,’ Hyunjin repeated sternly.

‘Alright, don’t mad at me,’ Sisi quickly tugged on Hyunjin’s hem of his shirt.

‘Then do what I say,’ retorted Hyunjin.

 

Sisi bowed her head muttered “sorry” and grabbed the hem of his shirt tightly as they began to walk further away from the adult, back to their car.

 

‘They’re close,’ Yonghwa commented upon seeing Jungshin gazing to the kids that walking away from him.

 

Jungshin smiled, they looked like sibling.

 

‘They are,’ Jonghyun agreed.

‘Hyunjin has alot of patience with Sisi, opposite with you Hyung,’ Minhyuk pointed out and the other was laughed.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

 

‘Well it’s like my car is arrive,’ Yonghwa said as he cocked his head to the side and a black van was pulled up.

 

Four other turned their head to Yonghwa’s direction.

 

‘Ah mine too,’ Minhyuk chuckled as one particular white Mercedes pulled up right behind Yonghwa’s van, revealing his wife.

‘Hello hubby,’ Krystal greeted Minhyuk with kiss while her husband hugged her tight.

‘Save it at home,’ Yonghwa teased and the other giggled.

‘You’re just envy Hyung,’ Minhyuk stuck out his tongue to his leader.

‘Alright, shall we go?’ Krystal asked after exchanging short greet to the other.

‘I guess,’ Yonghwa agreed and Minhyuk gave him it-was-me-that-she-ask-Hyung look but of course, being Yonghwa he was, he did not pay any attention instead he continued, ‘beside, I have place to visit.’

 

Yonghwa, Minhyuk and Krystal went to their respective cars and waved to Jonghyun, Jungshin and Mari as they drove off.

 

‘We have to get going too,’ Jonghyun stated.

 

Jungshin nodded.

 

‘I leave Sisi for you, I’m sorry to make her stay with you,’ Mari said.

‘It’s okay, Sisi can distract Hyunjin though,’ Jonghyun grinned only earned glare from Mari. ‘Beside Sisi was promised to stay during the day.’

‘It’s just a week from now, so yeah, thanks Hyung,’ Jungshin laughed.

‘Alright, goodbye then,’ Jonghyun waved his hand and headed up to his car.

 

Meanwhile in the car Sisi hastily open the wrapping-paper from the box that Hyunjin given to her.

 

‘Wow! Kyaaaaaa Oppa thank you!’ she cried and jumped to hug Hyunjin.

‘Ow, Sisi-ah...’

 

Sisi grinned from ear to ear and got up as she realised she knocked down her Oppa.

 

‘You should really control your excitement Sisi-ah,’

‘Sorry,’

 

But not long after Hyunjin shook his head once his Appa “attacked” by Sisi. Jonghyun was startled once he entered the car and welcomed by tight hug on his neck.

 

‘Ugh... hmph...’ Jonghyun struggled to breath.

‘I love you Appa!!!’ Sisi cried out loud.

‘Sisi-ah, you’ll kill Appa,’ Hyunjin tugged her arms that hugged — almost strangle — his father.

‘Oh,’ Sisi released her hug almost immediately and grinned widely. ‘Sorry,’

 

Jonghyun coughed. How come five years old girl has so much strength? And Sisi is the only hyperactive baby girl he ever meets.

 

‘Do you like it?’ he asked pointed to the box that wrapper and the content sprawled around the seat.

 

Sisi nodded vigorously.

 

‘I looooove it,’

‘Good, so let’s go, Eomma is waiting.’ Jonghyun said.

 

Sisi nodded, ‘but wait Appa, I need to say goodbye to Mum and Dad,’ with that she opened the window and smiling widely when she found her parents was standing close to their car.

 

‘Mum, Dad, I’ll see you next week!’

‘Alright, be a good girl and don’t trouble Eomma,’ Mari said.

‘And don’t trouble Hyunjin Oppa too,’ Jungshin added.

‘I won’t, I promise!’

‘Don’t worry Dad, I’ll call you if she is messing around,’ Hyunjin said.

‘Oppa!’ Sisi whined.

 

All of them laughed and Hyunjin snickered.

 

‘Well then, have fun there,’ Jungshin ruffled his baby’s hair.

‘Bye Dad, Mum I love you!’ Sisi exclaimed.

‘I love you too princess,’ Mari smiled.

‘Take care Hyung, send our love to Jinyi Noona,’ Jungshin said.

‘We’ll really leave now, enjoy your free time,’ Jonghyun winked and Mari laughed. ‘Will do Jungshin-ah, see you next week.’

 

The car glided away while Jungshin still raised his left hand into good bye waved.

 

‘She’ll be fine,’ Mari reached out his free hand and intertwining their fingers.

‘I know I just... it feels strange whenever I watch he go away from me,’ Jungshin quietly said.

‘Yeah because she’s our princess,’ Mari smiled.

‘That I won’t argue,’ Jungshin looked around to his wife and kissed her forehead.

 

***

 

‘Good morning,’ Jungshin pecked Mari’s lips once her eyes fluttered open.

‘Hmm...’

‘Still wanna sleep?’ Jungshin pulled Mari closer.

‘What time is it? And good morning to you too Mr. Lee,’ Mari shifted around and glanced at the digital clock on the bed-side, her eyes widened upon seeing the number that shown on the screen.

 

 

11.25 AM

 

 

‘Oh my god!’ Mari shouted in complete shock and was about to wake up when Jungshin pulled her back to the mattress.

‘Dear, I need to wake up Si —’

‘She’s in Busan remember?’ Jungshin interjected her.

‘Oh right,’

‘So, where we left of?’ Jungshin asked as he began to kiss Mari bare shoulder.

‘Seriously Dear?’ and Mari giggled feeling the ticklish when the kiss was moving up to her neck and ear.

‘It’s only you and me for whole week Dear,’ he purred.

‘Yes I know that but I’m sorry, I won’t spend the whole week being sore and disable on the bed, I would rather to do some observing outside or something,’ Mari laughed.

‘Hmm ... maybe you’re right, but you know, being away for month all I want to do once I back hope is spend my time with my lovely wife.’

‘And you did it already,’

‘Can I ask you something?’

‘You already are Dear,’ Mari giggled and without warning Jungshin turned her around so they were lying on their side, face to face.

‘What do you think about the past?’ Jungshin asked out of the random blue.

 

 

Mari blinked.

 

 

‘Past?’

 

Jungshin nodded and pulled the strand of Mari’s face.

 

Mari shook her head, ‘I don’t know,’

‘Can you do me a favour?’

‘What is it?’

‘Please recall those memories and tell me what you feel about it,’

 

Jungshin knew, it maybe rude to ask Mari to recall such things, but he had no other option, he had to do that.

 

‘It maybe weird but I think I’m thankful, without those horrible memories, I won’t be able to meet you,’ Mari smiled.

 

Without word Jungshin pulled her into kisses which Mari gladly returned with the same passion as her husband.

They pulled away after while and panting; they definitely need air to breath. Both of them stared at each other and Jungshin said,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Then I think this is the time,’

 

 

 

 

 

Hello ....

An Epilog for you :)

Finally I can post this draft after I wrote this a year ago LOL (I wrote the Epilog first before I drafted the whole story kkk)

And I just realize that it over than 2o pages, so I cut it half, the second half will be posted next week :)

To indonesian readr have you check my novel blog? if you haven't please do, here is the link and give me feedback about the story okay?

 

愛你 (Ai Ni), Dua Goresan Yang Hilang