Misunderstanding

My Miracle

Mari is ready to leave her office when his phone ringing, it was Jungshin.

‘I’m at ahjumma, will you come here?’

‘Okay you treat,’ Mari replied.

Jungshin laughed and said, ‘as you wish.’

Here is Lee Jungshin right now; he can bear his curiosity anymore. Yonghwa revelation about Jonghyun and Jinyi was quite bothering his mind. Did Mari know about Jinyi?

‘Hey,’ Mari tapped Jungshin shoulder and he startled at once. He was too immersed with his own mind so that he does not realize if Mari is already next to him.

‘What are you thinking about?’ Mari asked.

‘Nothing,’ Jungshin shook his head.

‘Liar,’ Mari chuckled.

Jungshin raised his head, staring Mari directly into her big dark brown eyes, what a beautiful, he swallowed.

‘Look,’ he began, ‘I know you stay here because of somebody else, but does he know about your feeling?’

Mari is tilting her head, looking at Jungshin curiously.

‘Why are you suddenly asking me this?’

‘We’re friend, aren’t we?’

Mari did not reply but gazing Jungshin back.

‘What if he has somebody else?’ Jungshin asked carefully and Mari froze on her chair. ‘Mari, I don’t like this, but I think we’re close enough for me to telling you all of this, you better come back, I don’t think you need any job here.’

‘So you have somebody else?’ Mari murmured.

‘What?’

‘No nothing,’ Mari hesitate for a second but then she asked, ‘what do you see in me?’

‘What?’

Mari swallowed, ‘I mean what I’m for you?’

Jungshin eyes widened in surprise, it seems that he does not expect this kind of questions came out from Mari. You’re the one who make me queasy, of course the sentence just ringing on Jungshin’s head, how come he reveals his true feeling when suddenly flash of Jonghyun’s face forming in his eyes.

‘Friend,’ Jungshin said at last and he felt as if a brick falls from his throat down to his stomach. ‘A best friend that doesn’t like to see you’re gets hurt.’ He added,

Mari’s lips form a curve of smile and her hope flying away leaving her behind.

‘So I think I don’t need to be worry, ‘cause I have friend like you,’ Mari smiled.

‘Mari, –’

‘I’m hungry, have you order me something? Ahh why are none around?’ Mari ignored Jungshin.

Jungshin staring at the girl in front of him, he senses a refusal in her face and he knows, for now he has to drop this matter.

‘I’ll go to get the order,’ Jungshin said and stood up.

Mari’s cell phone ringing and Jungshin swallowed when heard Mari calling “Pet”, well it was Jonghyun.

‘Yes Pet,’

‘Where are you?’ Jonghyun asked.

‘I’m at ahjumma’s shop, why?’

‘I need your help; I’ll pick you up there.’ And Jonghyun hung up the phone before Mari could explain with who she is right now.

Mari observed the small restaurant and finding Jungshin has a laugh with the other servers. CNBLUE guys and Mari are often come to have meal, so that’s why they are familiar with everyone. Mari keep her eyes on Jungshin’s  back figure, wondering herself how or when he start seeing that guy more than a friend. But Mari has no idea; she does not know when Jungshin open her heart that she locks it up for nearly in her lifetime. Mari feels that her eyes warmed, she can’t believe that she’s about to cry just because of a guy, and that guy is Lee Jungshin!

Mari stood up and approached Jungshin, ‘Sorry I have to go,’

‘Does Jonghyunie hyung asked you to go?’ Jungshin asked; another pain for him but he still manage to smile.

‘Sorry,’ Mari nodded and tapped Jungshin’s shoulder then hurriedly leaving the place without looking back as tears slowly form in both of her eyes.

‘Oh Mari, why are you so hurry?’ Ahjumma asked in surprise when Mari about to bump into her.

‘Ah sorry Ahjumma, I didn’t see you.’ Mari bowed, ‘I’m sorry I’ve to go,’ and Mari hurriedly turn her back to hide her tears.

‘Mari,’

Mari disregard Ahjumma call, what in her mind right now is to go away from Jungshin so he did not see her tears.

***

Ahjumma getting in her restaurant with Mari is still in her mind, she was sure that on of her regular customer is crying, but why? As long as she knows, Mari is always has a laugh for everything, and inside, she found Jungshin testing the dumpling with new recipe from their chef.

‘Why does Mari so hurry?’ she asked Jungshin.

‘Her pet needs her,’ Jungshin shrugged.

‘Jonghyunie?’

Jungshin nodded, ‘ah this one taste good but a bit salty,’ he told the chef.

‘You two didn’t quarrel or something did you?’ Ahjumma asked Jungshin once again.

Jungshin turn his head, ‘quarrel? No we didn’t,’ 

‘Then why she was crying?’ she murmured.

***

Meanwhile, Jonghyun just parked his car when he saw Mari open the shop’s door and walked hurriedly.

‘Noona,’ Jonghyun called Mari from the car but Mari did not respond she just keeps walking to the opposite direction.

Jonghyun raised his eyebrow, confuse with Mari’s behave and hurriedly walking after his strange noona.

‘Noona,’ Jonghyun called louder as he approached Mari, but still Mari did not reply.

‘Noona!’ Jonghyun grab Mari left arm to stop her, ‘I call you but …’ Jonghyun unable to continue his word when realizing something strange had happen, he turn Mari and surprised to see Mari in tears.

‘Noona what happen!?’

And Mari sobs louder as she buries her face into Jonghyun’s chest.

‘Jonghyun … ah … hu … hu …’

Jonghyun did not know what to do since it is the first time he saw Mari cried. He knows almost everything about Mari but he has never see Mari cried before, so all he can do just hug her tightly to reassuring her.