He's Back

My Miracle

It was past midnight when Jungshin arrived home today, after Mari’s accident couple week ago, Jungshin practically moved into Mari’s unit.

 

‘Take care of her,’ Yonghwa said that day when Jungshin was about to asked permission to stay at Mari’s place longer. ‘Don’t worry about Daepyonim, I’ll take care of him if he opposed,’

‘Thank you Hyung,’

‘Just take care of her, she needs you right now,’ Jonghyun added.

 

And Minhyuk patted his shoulder encouragingly.

The spacious flat is quite, maybe Mari was already sleeping.

 

‘Dear ...’ he called.

 

Inside from the bed room he heard a glass broken and someone flew into him when he opened the bedroom door.

Shock and surprise, Jungshin just return the hug. She was trembling and sobbing.

 

‘Thank you, thank you for coming home,’ she whispered in between her hiccups.

‘Yes I’m here, I’m here Dear,’ he managed to replied although he didn’t know why she thank to him, didn’t he always coming back home?

 

Decided that Mari was calm down enough, Jungshin led her to the bed and pulled her on his lap, wiped her tears away and pulled back her strands.

 

‘Is there something happen?’

‘I don’t know,’ she replied weakly.

 

Seeing her fragile like this is saddened him, without further ask he hugged his girlfriend.

 

‘I watched TV and I saw mother and baby, they’re looked so happy and I remember myself, all of sudden I’m feeling down, and I don’t know how to bring myself up again until ... until ... I wanna ... su ... suicide,’

 

Jungshin’s chest clenched, he knows Mari has emotion problem but he did not think if it is still be a serious problem. He thinks she will never think about that again.

 

‘Do you think to leave me alone?’ Jungshin asked bitterly.

 

Mari shook her head frantically.

 

‘No, no, I never, I never want to do it, I just ... I don’t know what gotten into me, I just want to take the pain away,’ and Mari began to sob once again.

 

Jungshin’s chest constrict upon hearing those words.

If only she knows that he also wants to take her pain away.

 

‘Alright, I’ll just go and changes then we’ve some rest okay?’

 

Mari nodded and Jungshin lied her down before made his way toward the bathroom and done a quick shower.

Jungshin starred down at the bathroom floor, there broken glass, white bottle and tiny pills scattered around. It was Mari’s sleeping pills, she did really want to suicide just now. Feeling nothing he grabbed all the pills and threw it on the trash bin and stood up, still emotionless he saw how terrible he is through the mirror.

Sighed.

Less than twenty minutes later he was already joined Mari under the thick sheet.

 

‘Will you be okay if I’m not around? Or you rather to comeback to office?’ Jungshin asked as he pulled her closer.

‘I’ll be fine; I’ll occupy myself with something and try not to stay alone. For office I think I need to get my mind straight before I’m dealing with those deadlines again.’

‘That’s right; do we need to visit Jungah?’

‘I’ll go and see her again tomorrow,’

‘You already met her,’

Mari nodded, ‘I feel down lately and I don’t want this get worse,’

‘Alright then let’s sleeps now. Goodnight,’ Jungshin kissed her goodnight and fixed the blanket behind Mari’s back.

‘I love you,’

 

Jungshin smiled wider upon hearing the unexpected goodnight greet.

 

‘I love you too,’

 

He inwardly sighed, it’s much harder and tougher than he has expected.

 

***

 

 ‘Are you okay?’ Yonghwa asked.

 

Jungshin smiled and nodded, still busy to fold his bass strap.

 

‘How about Mari?’

‘She’s much better,’ he sighed. ‘Physically she’ll already better but emotionally’ — Jungshin shook his head — ‘I don’t think so,’

 

Yonghwa patted the younger shoulder.

 

‘I won’t say anything, ‘cause I guess all the word sounded like empty word. Honestly I don’t have any idea about what you two feel. Couple nights ago I talked to Eomma, and asked her how does it feel to lose something we don’t even know the existence. She said, it better to die cause of guilt will always hunted you down for rest of your life. Just then I know even Eomma is not move on yet, it’s been 27 years though,’

‘Hyung, I guess I lost somewhere, did Eomonim ...’

 

Yonghwa nodded and took deep breath before lied down on the floor and continue his story.

 

‘I supposedly the third son, Eomma lost her second son, probably daughter, just for month and like Mari, she didn’t know if she was pregnant.’

‘I’m sorry Hyung,’

‘It’s okay, take care of Mari very well; she’s way more sensitive than Eomma,’

 

There something in this conversation that realizing Jungshin more, he needs to get more cautious, she was attempt to suicide once, who knows her impulsive act work faster and he comes late?

He shook the thought off but he knows it maybe will come again, what I supposed to do? He questioned himself.

 

***

 

Jungah office is quite empty today, maybe because it’s lunch time? It’s good.

Knock knock knock

 

‘Come in,’

‘Hey,’

‘Oh hey, what bring you here?’

‘Are you busy?’

‘Ah no, I’m not,’

‘Lunch?’

 

Jungah laughed.

 

‘I don’t think I can manage to deal with your fans Jungshin ssi, what if delivery?’

‘Up to you ‘cause I guess I’ll make you skipped your lunch,’ Jungshin said sheepishly.

‘Alright then, oh sorry I forgot, come have a seat,’

 

Jungshin took seat on the sofa while Jungah made a call for delivery.

 

‘So, what is it? About Mari?’ Jungah asked once she joined him on the living area.

 

Jungshin nodded and told the incident few days ago.

 

‘What do I do?’

‘Well Mari told me that too, the incident affected her worse than I thought it would be. Just try not to stressed her out and don’t shower her with too much attention —’

 

Jungshin frowned.

 

‘— just give her attention like you does usually; her main problem is she scare if one day you’ll leave her because of the incident. She’s sick Jungshin; she doesn’t want those feeling either.’

 

Jungshin sighed.

 

‘Arasseo, thanks for the advice.’

 

***

 

They have dinner when Mari’s cell phone vibrated and Mari fished the phone, she frowned, unknown number?

 

‘Hello,’

‘Oh hello to you too baby,’

 

 

 

 

Silence

 

And a second later Mari was thrown up on her bathroom. No one was in her sight right now but that horror voice. That voice how could it come back right now?

 

‘Dear ar ...’

‘Stay out!’ Mari screamed and startled Jungshin with her sudden outburst.

‘Dear I just ...’

‘Don’t come nearer!!!’ Mari cried out once Jungshin ignored her request.

‘Okay, I won’t come, but are you okay?’ still confused but Jungshin obeyed her. Mari stood terrified and one hand clutched sink edge tightly while the other clutched her left chest seemed to calm her down.

‘I’m fine, please leave me alone,’ Mari pleaded.

‘But —’

‘Please,’

 

Reluctantly Jungshin stepped back but still did not leave the bed room. He was beyond curious of what happen to Mari, one minute ago she was happily had dinner with him and now she was all distance and confusing. Just then he heard she made call and his heart feels like dropped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Jonghyun-ah ... he’s ... he’s ... back, he found me ...’

 

 

 

Short update ^^

 

Well here is another drama and another qustion, who is he?