Leave and Stay

My Miracle

Jungshin was confused, Jungshin was hurt. He had no idea what happen with Mari, one minute ago she was happily had dinner with him but now, she was all confusing and distance. She looked terrified about something, she was definitely freak out. What happen with her? But she did not want to tell anything either. Why she didn’t trust him enough?

Jungshin was suspecting something serious happening between Mari and Jonghyun from so long ago but he was never think it might something as serious as this, even though he didn’t know what exactly happening but from Mari’s look he could tell the seriousness of the matter.

There sound of the door opened and closed then people running just then he found Jonghyun stood at the doorway seem surprise upon seeing Jungshin sitting at the edge of the bed.

 

‘She’s at the bathroom,’ Jungshin gestured to the elder and the latter hesitantly walked passed him after threw the younger a guilty look.

‘Noona!’

 

Mari was trembled from head to toe in the corner of the bath room. Her cell-phone lied next to her and some of her hair and her face were wet, which Jonghyun assumed she was thrown up.

 

‘Noona ...’ he reached the fragile body into embrace.

‘He found me, he found me Jonghyun-ah,’ she chanted weakly.

‘It’s okay, none can hurt you, I’m here, don’t worry.’

 

Little did they know Jungshin was watching the entire scene in front of him. Witnessing  how fragile she was; was breaking his heart. What thing she can only share with Jonghyun? He was her boyfriend after all. With heavy heart he left and made his way to dining room to clean up their unfinished dinner.

 

Sighed.

 

‘I’ll go get your pill, and lets get you sleep,’ Jonghyun said as he pulled away from hug which Mari reluctantly let him go. ‘I won’t be long,’ he assurance her.

 

After get Mari her pill, he lifted his Noona and tucked her to bed.

 

‘Stay,’ she pleaded.

‘But Noona, Jungshin is here, I don’t —’

‘Please stay,’

‘Alright, get some sleep, we’ll talk tomorrow,’ Jonghyun said as he lied down and hugged her.

 

Jonghyun waited until Mari in deep sleep before he carefully get off from the bed and make sure Mari didn’t wake up. The flat is quite and almost the room was dimly light. Jonghyun frowned he watched his wrist watch it said 10 PM, still young, where is Jungshin?

He looked around the house and the one he looking for is nowhere to be found. Jonghyun was about to call him when he saw a tall figure standing alone against the railing bar at the balcony.

The late summer breeze caressed his face at once, being up at 26th floor, the wind is blowing quite hard. A little cold too but Jungshin seemed didn’t aware of his presence too.

Jonghyun cleared his throat and Jungshin turned around only to find his Hyung leaned against the wall.

 

‘How’s she?’ Jungshin asked.

‘She’s sleep, can we talk?’

‘About?’ Jungshin turned his back again to look down to the – still − busy road of Seoul.

 

Jonghyun walked closer and both of them standing side by side, only then Jonghyun find out that Jungshin holding a can of beer.

Jonghyun sighed.

 

‘Mari Noona, she had a terrible past, and she run away from it 4 years ago. We thought, she was completely safe now but someone from her past was back, I don’t know why it had  to be happen right now when she had to deal with her own problem.’

‘I know,’ Jungshin said.

‘You know? She did tell you?’ Jonghyun raised his eyebrow.

 

Jungshin shook his head and keep looking down.

 

‘I can tell from how she looked, how terrible and fragile she is, it must be something serious.’

 

Jonghyun sighed.

 

‘She asked Hyung to stay,’ Junghshin stated.

 

And Jonghyun closed his eyes; he has no idea how to answer.

 

‘Take care of her Hyung,’ Jungshin said and Jonghyun faced him with surprise.

‘Jungshin-ah,’

‘She trust you and I trust you —’

‘Lee Jungshin!’

 

Jungshin sighed and silence befallen over them.

 

‘She tried to suicide week ago,’

‘What?! Why didn’t you tell me?’

‘I don’t know how to tell you, I know I supposed to tell you, I just, I don’t know how,’

 

Jonghyun closed his eyes.

 

‘It’s worse that I thought it’ll be,’ Jonghyun said in a low voice.

‘Hyung, I mean it, you stay and take care of her,’

‘And where are you going?’ Jonghyun asked when Junghsin turned his heal.

‘I’ll going back to dorm,’ Jungshin smiled.

‘Yah Lee Jungshin!!!’

‘I do really have to stay away, don’t I?’

 

Jonghyun quite, he had no idea what he supposed to do, what Jungshin supposed to do. Mari needs him, that’s for sure but Jungshin is ...

 

‘It’s okay for me Hyung, as long as she’s fine,’

‘Sorry,’

‘Don’t be, and thank you Hyung,’

 

***

 

Jungshin stared down at the sleeping figure before him for quite sometimes.

I do really hope that you trust me enough Mari, I really do. I want to be the one who stay here and talk to you, comfort you. I want make you feel safe from whatever or whoever that frightened you. I hope that day will come for me.

Jungshin left after planted a soft kissed at her forehead when she mumbled in her sleep,

‘Jonghyun please save me,

What kind of past you guys shared that I don’t know?

 

***

 

The day passed and relationship among them was getting strange. Jungshin was still trying to cover up his feeling by showing his happy virus side whenever and wherever but if he thinks no one has an eye on him; people can tell how depressed he is. No one suspect that something happen with Jungshin and Mari since two of them looked fine. Only the difference recently was Jungshin often spend the night at CNBLUE dorm.

The maknae was also trying his best not to feel jealous toward the elder but of course the tingling feeling is there, who wouldn’t by the way? If your girlfriend choose someone else to trust, even though, they claimed, they’re brother and sister. The worst is, he had no – even – a tiny clue what happening with those two.

And here he was today, in the middle of the dawn, Jungshin was sitting all alone in the one of Dreamy Coffee’s corner. It was raining outside – something he did not aware before until somebody snapped the finger’s right in front of his face.

 

‘It’s raining,’ the voice stated.

 

Jungshin’s jolted on his seat and blinked before he regained his sense. It was Jinyi. She sat down before him and crossed her arms on her chest.

 

‘What are you doing in such of hours?’ she asked.

 

Jungshin shrugged and sipped his black coffee. And so Jinyi, both of them shared a silence for moment before Jungshin broke it.

 

‘And why Noona is here too?’

‘I just back from filming,’ Jinyi smiled.

 

Silence befallen over them once again.

 

‘Trust them,’ Jinyi broke the silence and Jungshin shot up to face her, confused. ‘Mari Eonnie and Jongyunie. Trust them. It’s not easy I know but I’m trying my best so I hope you too, trust me, one day Mari Eonnie will open up to you.’

 

Jungshin did not say anything but keep staring at the elder.

 

‘I know what you felt,’ Jinyi stated. ‘Because I do feel the same way you do, but I know that from the start, truth to be told, it’s about Jonghyunie’s.’

 

Jungshin gave Jinyi’s question look.

 

‘The feeling between both of them, it wasn’t mutual, it’s only from Jonghyunie’s side.’

 

Jungshin’s eyes widened, so it’s true, Jonghyun has feeling for her, more than brother and sister they used to said everytime they asked.

 

Jinyi waved her hand, ‘but he told me, they’re didn’t belong to each other, and they will never get together either, no matter what.’

‘None knows what happen in the future,’ Jungshin said.

 

Jinyi chuckled.

 

‘You said and reacted the same way I did when he told me that, you know what? He said even if not me, he’ll be with someone else, not Mari Eonnie, he means it when he said said they wont be together no matter what,’

‘Why?’

Jinyi shook her head, ‘All I know, they’ve shared past that none knows what it is,’

‘And it seems quite horrible,’ Jungshin commented.

‘I’m being serious about trusting them Jungshin-ah,’

 

Jungshin said nothing. For sure he has no idea what he feels after the conversation with Jinyi.

 

What do I do?

 

That was how Jungshin and Jinyi spent that night, talked everything to comfort their uneasy feeling.

 

***

 

‘Are you okay?’ Yonghwa asked to his guitarist that staring at nothing, he probably did not even realize if Minhyuk and Jungshin were already left.

‘Oh,’

‘You’re spacing out,’ Yonghwa pointed out. ‘Spill it,’

 

Jonghyun turned his face.

 

‘Don’t fool me young man, what happen between you and Jungshinie?’

 

Jonghyun heaved up a deep breath and threw his head back to the back rest.

 

‘I don’t know,’

‘You said you won’t be in between them,’

‘I’m Hyung, but Noona need me now, I can’t just leave her,’

‘She has Jungshinie,’

‘I know, if only ...’ Jonghyun trailed his word off.

‘’Only what?’

‘Look Hyung, I’m man, I keep my word, don’t worry about that. We, I and Noona will never be, trust me.’

‘If I don’t know you for long, I might doubt this, because for all I can see, you occupied Jungshinie’s shoes, and you know it’s not right.’

‘You have my word Hyung, I’ll try to fix this, I know Jungshin and I know in awkward state but I assure you, nothing will happen, trust me. I need you to trust me Hyung,’

 

Yonghwa sighed. Jonghyun sounded quite desperate begging his trust, but ...

 

‘Just don’t ruin what we have Jonghyun-ah,’

‘I won’t Hyung, I won’t, Jungshin is my brother, I won’t hurt him, though I think I already am,’

 

Yonghwa chuckled and smiled at him.

 

 

 

Update ......

Poor Jonghyun in complicated situation, sorry Jonghyun-ah :)))