Mother(s)

My Miracle

Morning came and the other CNBLUE member gasped in surprise when Jungshin appear in the studio for their practice session today.

 

‘Wae? Am I gost or something?’ Jungshin asked as he put down his bass case and            began to prepare himself.

 

‘Uhm ... ani, it just —’

 

‘Didn’t you suppose to be at hospital?’ Jonghyun interjected Minhyuk.

 

‘I went there before I’m here,’ Jungshin casually said.

 

Yonghwa, Jonghyun and Minhyuk looked at each other, speechless.

 

‘Jungshin-ah, you don’t need to push yourself, we can wait,’ Yonghwa carefully said.

 

Jungshin shook his head, ‘look we have tour next week and I don’t even know when Mari will wake up, if she wake up in one or two days then it will be great, but what if it takes longer? Beside Mari won’t be like if I just stay there doing nothing,’

 

Well that make sense, Yonghwa thought. ‘Alright then, let’s start.’ He concluded.

 

Days passed and everything just went as usual, every morning before starting his day, Jungshin will visit hospital first and so when he finished his schedule. Practically his house was move into hospital, the difference only he did not sleep there while Mari was still not giving sign that she will wake up any time soon.

 

‘So, Jungshinie will go as it scheduled?’ Jinyi asked as she placed down a plate contained omelette in front of Jonghyun.

 

‘What do you expect? Do you think he’ll be left behind?’ Jonghyun raised his eyebrows.

 

‘I don’t know,’ Jinyi shrugged and get back to the kitchen counter only to take her own plate and settled herself across her boyfriend. ‘I mean it must be hard for him to leave Eonnie in here alone.’

 

Jonghyun put down his fork and heaved deep breath.

 

‘His parents will be there beside Eomma and Appa also Noona will take turn to watched over her, somehow, I scared with the maknae’s eagerness to start the tour,’ Jinyi looked up to him with confuse look. ‘Junghinie was too eager to go, I’m afraid there something else in his mind.’

 

‘As in?’

 

‘I don’t know exactly, maybe some way of escape? Let’s face it, even me, I almost have no room to breath, it’s suffocating.’

 

‘Yeah maybe, but whatever it is, I hope he’s strong to face this matter,’ Jinyi responded and for while the girl only playing with her breakfast.

 

Their conversation was cut by buzzing Jonghyun’s phone; it was his mother, Mrs. Lee.

‘Ne Eomma?’

 

‘Will come today? Mari’s mother will come by noon.’ The elder informed.

 

Jonghyun’s body stiffening, ‘I’ll be there before her,’

 

‘What happen?’ Jinyi asked.

 

‘Noona’s mother will come today,’ he sighed. ‘Will you come?’

 

Jinyi tilted her head, not sure how to react, as much as she wanted to come along, she did not think it was right things to do since the meeting will be family matter and the fact that Mari and her mother was not — well it considered until now too, so maybe it was wrong to use past tense — in good term probably adding the awkwardness.

 

‘I don’t think so,’ another sighed from the man sitting across to her, ‘but can you promise me one thing?’

 

Jonghyun looked up to her.

 

‘Don’t make a mess, whatever she did in the past, she was still a guest and please be considered with Mari Eonnie’s situation right now,’ Jinyi calmly said, probably she can sense that her boyfriend could be over board sometimes.

 

‘As long as she didn’t do something stupid,’ Jonghyun shrugged and shoved a big cut of omelette.

 

Jinyi sighed, ‘it was you who don’t do something stupid, promise me alright?’

 

Defeated, Jonghyun only nodded his head while Jinyi, although she was not fully convice but she tried to let it pass.

 

***

 

The hospital was little bit quite when Jonghyun arrived, after heard the news that Mari was in coma, the reporters slowly back away, although there one or two who was staying but at least the Lee’s or hospital management did not need to put extra guard along the floor Mari was residing in. Along with reporters, there also couples of fans who trying to give support to the couple. And today too, Jonghyun met three fans at lobby and they asked about Mari’s current condition and asked Jonghyun to send their support to the couple.

 

Jonghyun walked along the empty corridor, it kind of strange that the corridor was quite empty when the day had not strike noon yet. He stopped in front of certain door and turned the knob, welcomed by only Jungshin inside.

 

‘Morning,’ Jonghyun greeted the younger as Jungshin wiped Mari’s hand with warm towel.

 

Junghin turned his head and smiled, ‘morning Hyung,’

 

‘Where’s Eomma?’ Jonghyun asked as he plopped on the long sofa.

 

‘Oh, she takes water,’

 

Not long after Jonghyun arrive, the door being opened once more but instead of Mrs. Lee, it was Mr. Lee, his father. A woman tailed behind him and all of sudden Jonghyun sit straight up while Jungshin stood up to his feet and slightly bowed.

 

‘Good morning,’ Jungshin greeted both of the new comers.

 

Mr. Lee nodded and stepped aside to let the lady stepped forward. From corner of his eyes, Jonghyun could tell that the lady inwardly gasped once her eyes landed on the particular person who sleeps on the sick-bed.

 

Well you should madam.

 

‘So, let me introduced them to you Mrs. Johnson, this is Lee Jungshin, Mari’s boyfriend and here is my son Lee Jonghyun, and guys, meet Mari’s mother, Mrs. Johnson.’ Mr. Lee introduced them to each other and Jungshin could swear that Jonghyun was not please at all when his father gesturing him to stand up from his previous position. ‘Well, I supposed we’ll give you time with Mari,’ Mr. Lee said to the lady next to him and gesturing to Jungshin and Jonghyun to out from the room.

 

Jungshin did, he slightly bowed before made his way out of the room after Mr. Lee but not with Jonghyun. The elder guy remained on his spot and blankly stared at the bed. He keep his promise, he will not let his Noona face this lady alone. No, no way.

 

‘Thank you,’ came a low voice from the lady next to him.

 

Jonghyun tilted his head and he realized that she took step closer to the bed, she was stiff and holding her clutch tightly.

 

‘Thank you for keep her company,’ she continued and Jonghyun remained silent, he had no idea how to respond with unexpected speech. ‘Thank you for giving her what she needed.’ This time she looked at Jonghyun straight in his eyes.

 

Unfortunately, the lady was wearing straight and unreadable face, that the young idol could not guess what the meaning behind the lady’s words to him.

 

Mrs. Johnson turned around and continued, ‘I know you aren’t please at all to see me here and I can understand why, but just so you know, it’s really good to she her smile that I realize I lost it for quite sometimes. There time I wanted to be proud of her but I know I have no right about it, you and your parents are.

 

‘I’m happy she can do whatever she wants to do nevertheless. Her life is better in here, although it still surprising to see her being an Editor, she was never like to be leader before,’

 

Just then Jonghyun’s eyebrow rose up, none have ever mentioned about Mari’s work before or his father did?

 

‘Was my Dad told you?’ Jonghyun blurted out the question before he could stop it.

 

Mrs. Johnson smiled and shook her head.

 

‘No, your Dad did not tell me anything but the accident and her current condition,’

 

Jonghyun tilted his head, utterly curious, where the hell did she know then?

 

‘Did you think I don’t give a damn about her? Nothing can deny that I was her mother. I can’t just get rid of my blood and flesh —’

 

‘But you didn’t do anything to defend her back then,’

 

‘That was my grieve mistake, and that also the reason I let her go, but if you think of I think of what you think, then you wrong, I keep my eyes on her, I know everything about her,’

 

‘Why didn’t you try to get her back?’ Jonghyun curiously asked.

 

‘I ashamed of myself, and to think that she will have better life without me was another reason,’

 

Jonghyun said nothing for two reasons, first he did not know what to say and second he was surprise, not once he was ever imagine that the woman he hate the most can say such things.

 

‘I leave her to you; I believe you and your family will take good care of her, goodbye.’

 

Before Jonghyun could process the words, Mrs. Johnson tapped his shoulder lightly and turned her heels left him alone with sleeping Mari. For — seemingly — long time, all Jonghyun can do was starred at his Noona.

 

‘Noona, did you hear that? Can you believe it?’ Jonghyun sat down at the chair once Jungshin occupied before and took her hand on his.

 

Mr and Mrs Lee and Jungshin stood up almost immediately when the door behind them cracked open.

 

‘Thank you,’ she said to the Lee’s once she faced to faced with them. ‘Thank you for accept her in your family, and please don’t tell her if I ever visit here.’

 

The other three people looked at each other.

 

‘But —’

 

‘It’s okay,’ Mrs. Johnson waved her hand to Jungshin. ‘I don’t think she will happy if she knows I’m here. It’s okay, really. By the way, can I talk to you?’

 

Jungshin turned a glance to both Jonghyun’s parents before gesturing to his girlfriend’s biological mother to lead the way once the elders nodded their head.

 

Both of Jungshin and Mrs. Johnson settled themselves at nearest hospital coffee shop. Awkward silence enveloped them, once in while they sipped their coffee. After almost forever both of them just sat in silence, the lady reached out her clutch and took of a white envelope and placed it in front of her.

 

‘Actually I want to ask a favour,’ Mrs. Johnson quietly said.

 

Jungshin looked up to the elder woman sitting across to him in surprise, favour?

 

‘I think you know already the relationship between me and Mari, as I said before, I don’t want Mari knows I visit her, yet. There too many unforgivable things I did in the past, to think of those, I don’t even think I’m in the position to ask you any favour but, just in case you want to know what truly happen back then I won’t make any excuses. I was the one need to blame here. I was to focus and to obsessed with the company I built by my bare hands.

 

‘You know that I and my husband have some problem involving child, we think about adopting before but then it was out of our list since there another possible way for me to get what I wanted. Little did I know, things didn’t go as it planned, and our marriage almost doom but both of us didn’t go further for divorce or something, the company need to have clean name. That was the only reason why we’re still together until now.

 

‘The situation worsening day by day and came to the peak when that thing happened. Call me crazy but I still thinking about company until Jonghyun took her away from me. It was a hard slap for me but I think she’ll be better and happier being away, that’s why I just watch from afar.

 

‘So here,’ Mrs. Johnson pushed the envelope in front of Jungshin and the young man raised his head. ‘If you think I deserve and she is ready, please give this letter to her otherwise you can burn it or anything you like.

 

‘Thank you to be with her and I’m sorry I tainted her life.’

 

‘I love Mari,’ Jungshin said with flat voice.

 

Mrs. Johnson nodded.

 

‘I know that, I can see the way you look at Mari, however, thank you for loving her despite her past. That was all I want to talk to you, take care both of you, goodbye.’ The elder rose up and grabbed her clutch.

 

‘Wait,’ Jungshin rose up as well. ‘If you really sorry, why did you let him found Mari?’

 

‘I didn’t know that but I’m telling you that were the last time he went near to Mari, I can guarantee that, for once trust me, we broke apart since Mari left that day. If there another chance in the future, I would like to meet you again,’

 

 

 

update .......

so sorry I left again :(

 

I was so busy with my deadline (which is now over, the sole reason I can finally update yay)

actually I was finish my deadline 2 weeks ago but I take a week for myself  since I was too tired and my brain seems not work properly back then LOL

and here as my apology, I edited again the last chapterand I devided into two chapter, so we're not saying goodbye in this chapter kkkkk

and for Emotional Angel and Lovely Gazes, our project book was fnally published you can check and order the book entitled

 

In Between

here

dont forget to check my blog novel  (for Indonesian reader only :)))

Ai Ni (Dua Goresan yang Hilang)

 

 

 

 

PS: any meigeni in here? have you listen to Yifan's solo song? OMG his voice asdfghjkl

I have never think that he can sing such kind a song although I ever listen his cover for Caihong featuring Yixing. seriously though, listening him singing alone and all alone just his voice from the start to the end was undescribable feeling LOL

 

enough for my nonsense notes, hope you enjoy the update, commetns will be really appreciate :)))