Make Up

My Miracle

The boys were just agree to take break and evaluate their Come On playing because Minhyuk once lost his beat and Yonghwa lost his pitch. Each of them put aside their instrument and Minhyuk grabbed water bottle as he made his way out from his beloved drum set. It was the time Yonghwa’s cell-phone ringing, the owner smiling widely acknowledged whose on the line. He put his cell-phone on the floor as he himself lying down but instead of lovely voice who greeted him, it was horrible screeched that not only startled him but also the other three.

 

‘YYAH JUNG YONGHWA! YOU ERT BASTARD HOW DARE YOU!!!’

 

Four of them looking at each other in shock and terrified as Yonghwa sat up abruptly and grabbed his cell-phone, trying to respond but the call was already cut off.

 

‘Yyah Park Shinhye! Yoboseyo, Shinhye-ah, Park Shinhye!’

 

But there was nothing, Shinhye was already cut the call in anger and humiliated in front of her friends.

Once again Yonghwa looked around for help but were still as shock as he himself.

 

‘What was that?’ Yonghwa asked.

 

The trio shook their head, and Yonghwa was helpless.

 

‘Okay, enough for today, we’ll have another chance to evaluate, if you guys still on the mood to practice then you lead,’ Yonghwa told Jonghyun and the latter was just nodded. ‘I have to go, I have to know what happen,’ Yonghwa said and he quickly grabbed his jacket and his key car before stormed out from the practice room.

 

It took seconds for the trio to recollect their brain after the shock and once they did it, they start laughing endlessly.

 

‘ert bastard, what did Yongyongie Hyung do to Shinhye that made her was so furious?’ Jonghyun asked.

 

Jungshin shook his head.

 

‘No idea.’ Minhyuk replied.

 

Jungshin was about to spit another word when his cell phone rang. New message, Mari, his girlfriend and Jungshin smiled.

 

“Can you pick me up at Dreamy, there change plan sad

 

At the same time Minhyuk’s phone also rang and he picked up the call outside the practice room leaving Jonghyun and Jungshin alone.

 

‘Hyung,’ Jungshin called, hesitated whether he will continue or not.

 

‘Hmm ...’

 

Jungshin did not say any, just looked at Jonghyun who busy with his guitar.

 

‘What?’ Jonghyun turned his head to face his maknae.

 

‘Ermm ... Mari,’ Jonghyun felt his body stiffening, what happen with her? ‘She’s come back here today,’ and Jonghyun’s body felt relaxed instantly by Jungshin’s revelation. ‘I know you guys have an or some issues, will you talk to her?’

 

Jonghyun sat still,

 

‘You need to clear things up Hyung, whatever it is,’

 

‘Will she wants to see me?’

 

Jungshin raised eyebrows, confused.

 

‘The real matter is not me, but Noona. If she wants to see me, of course I’ll.’ Jonghyun explained softly.

 

‘Alright,’ Jungshin nodded, ‘I’ll talk to her first, if she’s agreed, and I call you. I have to go now, its looks like we have to end today session.’

 

Jonghyun’s smiled and nodded; somehow he was thankful with the maknae existence. The moment he could not afford and clueless about how to make up with Mari, Jungshin came as their bridge. He was happy, indeed. Mari was finally find her life and he, himself was pretty happy with his blossom love with Jinyi. But why he felt as if there a big hole in his heart?

 

***

Yonghwa was impatiently driving to Shinhye’s house, after made a call to her manager (because Shinhye refused to pick up his call) and make sure that the one he was looking for is in her house. It seems a year the drive from studio to his girlfriend’s house and another year to wait for Shinhye’s mother to open the door.

 

‘Aissh you kid, what with the fight now?’ Asked Shinhye’s mother straightforwardly once she saw Yonghwa right in front of her.

 

Shinhye’s family was quite familiar with Yonghwa since both of them were dating for years and both of the family already treat them as part of their own family.

 

Yonghwa shook his head as reply and Mrs. Park gave him question look. Yonghwa make a quick explanation about the call and how clueless he is. To his surprise Mrs. Park laughing upon hearing Yonghwa desperate explanation.

 

‘Eomonim ...’ Yonghwa whined.

 

‘Sorry,’ still with laughed Mrs. Park said, ‘she’s up in her room, if you need any help I’m down here,’

 

‘Thank you Eomonim,’ Yonghwa made a quick bow and walked fast to upstairs.

 

Knock, knock, knock

 

‘Baby, it me Yongh –’

 

‘Go to hell!!! Don’t ever come here again I hate you!’ Shinhye respond it with furious scream. Leaving Yonghwa dumbfounded instantly, never expect such kind of outburst.

 

‘Yah Park Shinhye, open the damn door before I break it!’ Yonghwa lose patience.

 

He was seriously clueless about what gotten into Shinhye and why she was so mad, he did not think made any mistake but...

 

While Mrs. Park shook his head in amusement with exchange shouting from her daughter and Yonghwa.

 

‘Yah Park Shinhye, I swear I’ll break the damn door if you don’t wanna open it!’

 

‘I don’t care! Do what ever you wanna do you bastard!’

 

Nah, that word again, bastard, that’s enough. Yonghwa was about to break the door with his shoulder when suddenly the door swung open and in the split second pillows, teddy bears, simpson’s family flying over him without mercy, and when those all gone from Shinhye room and scattered outside, books and anything near Shinhye took turn to fly.

 

One thick book hit his forehead as he walk closer to the furious girl. Honestly Yonghwa has no idea, how come the girl that looked so lovely could be so fierce when she was mad.

 

‘Enough!’ Yonghwa said firmly but Shinhye did not, she kept throwing anything on her reach. ‘I said enough!’ he shouted.

 

‘Don’t you dare Jung Yonghwa!’ Shinhye screamed when Yonghwa tried to hold her.

 

‘Yah what happen with you! Alright! Do whatever you want but later! Now tell me what happen, what make you this mad, tell me what mistake I did.’

 

‘Tell you?!’ Shinhye asked with high pitch, ‘are you saying that you know nothing and you’re innocent?!’

 

‘Seriously Shinhye? What happen?’ Yonghwa’s voice softened, it is no use if he also raising his voice. It just drove Shinhye even crazier.

 

‘You’re really Yonghwa!’ and Shinhye pushed Yonghwa out from her room and shut the door in front of him.

 

Yonghwa yelled but Shinhye did not give a damn. ‘Baby, open the door, can we talk please, Baby I’m sorry if I did mistake but I swear I can give you an explanation.’

 

But once again no reply from the girl, her room remain shut and so . Feeling defeated Yonghwa walking down and meets his future mother-in law that grinned at him.

 

‘Are you sure you have no idea what mistake did you do?’ Mrs. Park asked.

 

Yonghwa shook his head and plopped on the couch, his left hand rubbed his temple.

 

‘Today she said happily because she will meet her girls, you know, Mari, Jinyi and Soojong-ie. But it just few minutes then she came back with furious face, I asked why and she was replied, “asked your son in law,’ Mrs. Park shrugged.

 

‘Mari? Eomonim said Mari? Mari Lee?’ Yonghwa confirmed.

 

‘Yeah whose else?’ Mrs. Park asked back, a little confuse. ‘Shinhye said she was just come back from State,’ Yonghwa let out small “oh” knowing that Shinhye did cover about Mari’s matter a bit. ‘And will stay here for a moment,’

 

‘Eh, she’ll stay here?’

 

‘But with Shinhye’s state right now, I doubt she will.’

 

‘Yeah right,’

 

‘By the way, will you stay here or come back tomorrow?’

 

‘I’ll stay Eomonim, I’m busy tomorrow, and I’ve to clear things up today.’ Yonghwa said in desperate voice.

 

‘Alright, just think how to get her attention then talk; I’ll prepare dinner for you,’

 

‘Thank you Eomonim,’

 

***

‘So what happen? Shinhye Noona seemed really furious,’ Jungshin asked Mari on their way back home.

 

Mari laughed remembering Shinhye’s red-angry face and Jungshin joined her burst out into laughter upon hearing the whole story.

 

‘I can see how Shinhye Noona mad at Yongie Hyung, but are you sure it wasn’t from anybody else, umm you know from fans or antis?’

 

‘Dongwoon said he knows the one who sent it and I don’t see if Dongwoon crazy enough to let random gift passed him,’

 

‘Yeah make sense,’ Jungshin shrugged. ‘That’s why Shinhye Noona called him ert bastard,’ and Jungshin laughed harder again.

 

Getting nearer from Mari’s flat building Jungshin can sense the woman’s body that sitting beside him is stiffening.

 

‘Its okay, Jonghyunie Hyung wouldn’t be at your home, he’s still in the studio.’ Jungshin reassured his nervous girlfriend.  ‘Or you prefer to stay at hotel?’

 

 ‘It’s okay,’ Mari shook her head.

 

‘Sure?’ Jungshin reconfirmed as they were about to park in the building private parking lot.

Mari nodded.

 

They shared silence on the way to Mari’s flat, Mari’s heart start pounding violently against her chest remembering her fight with Jonghyun that night, how come, how come they had fight like that? After Jonghyun did so much for her.

 

The spacious flat was stay the same, nothing had change, it still smell like last time she left, except it clean, no dust, at all.

 

‘Once you left, Jonghyunie Hyung was never leaved this place. He was never sleep in dorm and once I get back from Busan, he just came here to clean the house. He make sure whenever you get back here, it’s clean.’ Jungshin explained as if he read Mari’s mind.

 

‘He – he did clean all of this?’

 

Jungshin nodded and he pulled Mari by hand only to make her sitting on his lap.

 

‘Can you do me a favour?’ he asked.

 

Mari looked at Jungshin right in his eyes.

 

‘Will you talk to him? To Jonghyunie Hyung? Please?’ Mari sat still. ‘I swear he didn’t ask me to, instead, he will to avoiding any of meeting possibilities with you. Whatever he had done to you, he was regretting it.’

 

‘He didn’t do something wrong to me,’ Mari said in small voice.

 

‘Then talk to him, clear things up, huh?’

 

‘I don’t know,’

 

‘You won’t runaway if he’s here, will you?’

 

Mari turned her head once again,

 

‘I’m sorry, I told Jonghyunie Hyung, I’ll call him after I talk to you,’ Jungshin explained as his other hand quickly sending his hyung a message.

 

‘Only if you’re here,’ Mari mumbled.

 

Jungshin smiled lovingly as he caressed Mari’s cheek, ‘as much as I want to stay, I can’t, you guys need privacy, I’m sure he won’t hurt my dear,’

 

Just then the door cracked open and one clumsy figure stepped in, Mari got up abruptly.

 

‘Oh I didn’t expect you’re here that fast Hyung,’ Jungshin surprised.

 

No one knows that Jonghyun followed Jungshin right he was excused to pick up Mari and patiently waiting for the call outside the door.

 

‘Well I think I have to go now,’ Jungshin stood up and kissed Mari forehead, ‘call me later okay?’

 

‘Don’t go,’ Mari tugged Jungshin’s t-shirt, not wanting to be left alone only with Jonghyun.

 

‘It’s okay,’ Jungshin smiled.

 

However, watching how affectionate Jungshin toward Mari, Jonghyun cannot help himself that he felt hundred of needles stabbed him. He used to be the one Mari’s shoulder to lean on, her source of bravery, he ear to listen and her trash bin to throw everything in her heart but now? Somebody else had replaced him. And he just gave Jungshin weak smile as the younger smiled and passed him by.

 

Once Jungshin disappear, an awkward silence eats Mari and Jonghyun alive. Mari standing still in front of the couch while Jonghyun statue stand still in front of the door. After few moment passed without knowing what to do, Jonghyun took initiative to approached Mari.

 

Jonghyun cleared throat as he said, ‘You look good, and thank you didn’t tell anything to Eomma,’

 

‘Um ... yeah, I don’t think I have to tell anything to Eomma,’ Mari clumsily replied.

 

Silence, again. Both of Mari and Jonghyun just did staring at each other without uttering a word.

 

‘Congrats by the way,’ Jonghyun said out of nowhere. Mari looked up to him with question look. ‘For you and Jungshinie,’

 

‘Oh,’

 

 ‘He’s a good guy; he can take care of you very well,’

 

Mari did not reply anything.

 

‘Look, Noona, I’m very sorry for what happen that night,’ Mari shook her head. ‘I never meant to say such thing, I just ... I just want you be brave to find your happiness, I didn’t mean –’

 

‘It’s okay,’ Mari cut Jonghyun’s across. ‘And actually I should thank to you, if it’s not because of our fight that night, I won’t realize how my life looked like without you. Thank you,’

 

‘Noona ...’

 

‘You know I love Jungshin, right from the start, even before I know he was Jungshin, I guess I already fall for him and you know my story. I’m willing to give it try, not because of you, but it’s all about me. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t to be harsh to you, I shouldn’t just ... left. But I know you wouldn’t let me to go anywhere if I tell you I wanna go somewhere.’

 

‘And I should be careful with my word, sorry.’

 

‘I think it’s very first time we’re exchanged too many sorry,’ Mari said and Jonghyun’s laughed.

 

For the first time since he stepped in the room, he felt relaxed. His body was light and his mind is mild.

 

‘So ... am I forgiven now?’ Jonghyun asked carefully.

 

‘There nothing to forgive Jonghyun-ah,’ Mari shook her head.

 

‘Noona, you’re still mad at me, aren’t you?’

 

‘What are you talking about?’

 

‘You still won’t forgive me,’

 

‘Won’t forgive and nothing to forgive about is two different words,’

 

‘For me these are the same,’

 

Mari observed pale face in front of her, this guy is never change, and this guy is just a kid for her.

 

‘Alright, you’re forgiven,’ finally Mari said and smiled.

 

A wide smile crept in Jonghyun’s face as his move forward quickly to pull Mari into tight hug. How much he missed this woman, the scent of her, her smile and her everything.

 

‘One last question did you really planning to go back to State?’ this question was bugging him all this time.

 

Mari nodded as both of them breaking free the hug and Mari saw Jonghyun’s face hardened but before her pet could arguing she explained the detail.

 

‘I planned to go back after I finish this edition, if you asking me why, as I told you that night, I want to give my life back to you,’ Mari held her hand to stop Jonghyun to argue, ‘I have to go back there but, I have to make sure, that nothing will happen to me. You know, I’ll keep myself safe for Jungshin, for you, for Eomma, for Appa, for Eonnie and for everyone who loves me here. And when I’m already to get through any of those, I’ll get back here as Mari Johnson,’

 

‘Noona, you didn’t want to be Lee anymore?’ Jonghyun’s voice was trembling, terrified.

 

Mari shook her head.

 

‘I’ll always be Mari Lee, but if that happen, I could be Mari Johnson too, isn’t that nice?’

 

‘Oh Noona,’ jonghyun hugged Mari even tighter this time.

 

‘Pet-ah I−I c−can−n’t breath,’

 

‘It’s nice to hear you calling me Pet,’ Jonghyun laughed and freeing her.

 

‘I’m sorry Noona,’

 

‘Told you no need to be sorry,’

 

‘And ... now tell me, the whole story,’

 

Mari looked at Jonghyun, questioning him.

 

‘You and Jungshin, was he great?’ Jonghyun asked mischievously.

 

Mari’s eyes widened, oh god why all of people were curious about that?

 

‘Lee Jonghyun!’

 

‘Oh come on Noona, you’re not that innocent,’

 

‘You shut up!’

 

Jonghyun laughed. The tension between them was lighter, they are come back to where their usual state. Thank to Jungshin.

 

***

 

‘Shinhye-ah its Eomma ...’

 

Surprisingly Shinhye open the door almost immediately and Yonghwa stepping as soon as the door cracked open. Shock by Yonghwa’s sudden appearance, Shinhye slammed the door under her mother nose.

 

‘Are you crazy, slamming the door in front of your mother!’ Yonghwa yelled.

 

Shinhye ignored him and open the door, her mother was already left her room and heading back to downstairs.

 

‘Eomma,’ Shinhye called, Mrs. Park stopped walking and turn her head, ‘I’m sorry Eomma,’ the mother was just smiled, ‘but how come you stand on his side? He humiliated me Eomma,’

 

‘Just talk and solve the matter, I don’t wanna hear any shouting or yelling, okay?’

 

‘Eomma,’ Shinhye whined and close the door back, her face hardened upon seeing Yonghwa standing behind her. ‘You!’ Shinhye accused and pointed his finger to her boyfriend,’ get out from my room, now!’

 

‘No, before we talk and you let me know the reason behind your strange behave,’ Yonghwa said calmly as he sat down at the edge of Shinhye’s bed.

 

‘Still playing dumb huh?’

 

‘You better tell me right now then I can leave immediately or I’ll stay here till you tell me.’

 

Shinhye hissed and she walked across the room to take pink box and threw it directly into Yonghwa, making the content scattered around. Yonghwa’s jaw dropped and his eyes were about to popped out. His eyes travelled from the stuff on the floor to Shinhye, backward and forward which Shinhye’s face was red mixture from anger and embarrassment.

 

‘Wow,’ that’s the only word he could utter.

 

Yonghwa was so amaze, yes he was. Even in his wildest dream he was never ever thinking about those stuffs next to him.

 

‘How do you get all of this?’ Yonghwa asked. Shinhye’s eyes widened in disbelief, she was about to snapped when Yonghwa said in tired voice, ‘no more yelling please, I’m tired fighting with you, just tell me the whole story and where did you get any of this, so I can find the answer,’

 

Shinhye’s sighed and finally told all of the story back in Dreamy and Yonghwa listen to it intently.

 

‘I guess I know who set me up,’ Yonghwa said when Shinhye finish her story.

 

‘Set you up?’

 

Yonghwa nodded, ‘If Dongwoon hyung involved, then the only possibilities is Minhyukie and Soojongie, both of them.’

 

Shinhye looked at her boyfriend with confuse look. And Yonghwa answer it by explaining the whole story how Minhyuk blackmailed him.

 

‘I don’t know how they did it, but surely it was theirs,’

 

‘I’m going to kill you for real Jung Yonghwa,’ Shinhye gritted teeth.

 

‘So, it’s clear right now? I have to go home now,’ Shinhye did not respond. Yonghwa was about to open the door when some crazy idea flashed in his head.

 

‘Baby, since technically those are mine, I think it good idea if we try it sometimes,’ Yonghwa said mischievously.

 

And flying pillow hit Yonghwa’s head in matter of second.

 

 

Early update? Yes it is hehehe

No Collin-Jinyi here TT TT I cant find a good scene for them. And about the things that drove Shinhye crazy, I won’t reveal it since none seem curious LOL

And actually, I keep giving you guys hint about Mari’s past in case you can find hat part kkkk

Nothing much I can say about this chapter, so I’ll just say happy reading, hope you like this update.

And before I forget, welcome to new subbies heart and thank you to those comments, upvotes and to those who take your time to read my story

I LOVE YOU

And not to forget to remind you that Burning Melody will close tomorrow at 12 PM WIB (GMT+8) so be hurry to submit your story and to Emotional Angel and Lovely Gazes be prepare for your next turn starting on February 1st. Check every detail for Burning Melody here and Fiesta June teaser here or contact me here