Epilog part 2

My Miracle

‘Dear wake up, we’re almost landing,’ Jungshin shook Mari from deep slumber before he stood up and checked on his daughter.

And soon the flight attendance announced their arrival.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Vancouver International Airport.

 

‘Welcome back to Vancouver and have a good day Ma’am,’ the head of their flight attendances slightly bowed her head to sent the little family off the private jet while the other three lined up next to their senior.

Mari smiled and Jungshin muttered thank you before three of them stepped down the stairs and down there, the other staff were took care their luggage already waiting near one black-shiny- and-long-limousine which made Sisi squealed in awe.

She was here, Mari was here. She was comeback here again after fifteen years. The whole building was change.

It seemed bigger than I remembered back then, Mari thought.

For second there, once she stepped down, she was tense. It was not such an easy thing for Mari to keep her foot keep stepping one after another.

Mari looked down to when she felt warm intertwining on her fingers and once she looked up she found that dark brown orbs looking at her with assuring gaze.

It was two weeks ago when Jungshin gave her something she was never imagine before, and that was the sole reason why she and her family were here today.

In Vancouver.

 

***

 

‘What is this?’ Mari asked Jungshin handed her a brown envelope after he disappear on the walk-in-closet.

‘Open it, it’s for you,’ Jungshin replied.

 

Mari scooted and pressed the sheet on her bare chest as she sat and leaned to the headboard.

It was a letter.

And for second her heart stop beating upon seeing whose handwriting was there.

 

 

 

 

 

Her mother’s

 

Mari looked up only to find Jungshin stared at her. She held question look on her husband and he reached out his hand, patted her thigh before got up from bed and disappeared behind the bathroom’s door.

 

“Maybe even without me saying who I am you already know who I am.

Honestly I do not know who I am to you right know but whatever it is, when you read this letter I assume that you will be okay if I call myself as Mummy

I do not know what I want to say either because I know, there no word able to express my feeling without you feeling disgust or angry.”

Mari stared at the piece of paper on her hand for some second. So she did feel that way?

“Once your father called me that day told me that you are coma, my world seemed to have stopped revolving. I do not know what to do, if I go there, will you be okay? Will you accept my visit?”

 

Mari paused reading once again, she heaved deep breath, she never suspected that her mother knew about her coma and the woman even addresses Mr. Lee as her father. Appa called her back then, Mari mumbled to herself.

 

“Mari, the only word I want to say to you years ago is sorry. I know it would not change anything, and the fact I close my eyes for everything that you had been through — so she actually knew — I do not think I will be forgiven.

But still, I have to say sorry regardless.

I am sorry for never be a mother for you.

I am sorry for putting business over you.

I am sorry for letting you going through those by yourself.

I am sorry, I am deeply sorry.

 

Mari, I wish it was me that lying in your place right now. If there one wish to be granted, I just want to see you smile again. Your smile is the most beautiful, do you know that? I think Jungshin already told you that.

 

Mari furrowed, Jungshin? She knows Jungshin?

 

“If you questioning, yes I know Jungshin, in fact I know your whole foster family but they do not know me.

The day Jonghyun took you away was the day I came to realize what I did to you. That was also the reason I have never tried to get you back. I know you will rather die than come with me — as if you never save me, Mari snorted — and upon seeing your smile after that, I know I did the right thing. 

Get back to them soon Mari, they are waiting for you.

 

One last thing,

I do not know if I will have chance but if there is, even just once, I want to meet you again.

 

Best wishes

Elaine Johnson

 

 

A thumb brushed Mari’s corner of eyes, realizing her that she cried. Jungshin smiled at her before pulled her into hug.

 

‘She came when you’re still in coma,’ Mari pulled off from Jungshin’s embrace and looked at him in disbelief. ‘She told us not to tell you before you read her letter, and she told me to give this — Jungshin pointed to the paper in Mari’s hand — once you really ready to face back your past.’ Jungshin explained.

‘It’s been ten years,’ Mari murmured and glanced at the letter on her hand.

‘I need to make sure that you’re ready, and in the past few years, I think you start to leave behind your past as memories, no longer as nightmare and,’ Jungshin paused and caressed his wife’s cheek. ‘You start to stop blaming your past for what we’re having right now.’

‘I still want to have another baby though,’ Mari hug her head low.

‘Hey Dear look at me,’ Jungshin cupped Mari’s face with both palms and pecked her lips, ‘princess is more than enough for me, beside, did you forget, miracles always happen as long as we believe?’

 

A tear escape from corner of Mari’s eyes and Jungshin kissed it away.

 

‘I believe, we will have a happy family, with only princess or with another, either way, I won’t love you less after this. I love you and will always loving you,’

 

Mari sobbed harder as she buried her face on Jungshin’s chest.

 

‘God, I hate seeing you cry like this, all I’m saying not supposed to make you cry, silly Mummy,’ Jungshin pulled off his wife and flicked her forehead.

 

Mari whined at that but Jungshin only laugh it off.

 

‘I love you,’ he said as he hugged his wife, again.

 

***

 

‘Welcome home,’ a lady with very fine feature despite her age welcomed the family.

‘Mum ...’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes it was Elanie Johnson, Mari’s mother.

Mari walked faster and approached the lady, engulfed in the elder hug.

 

‘Thank you,’ Mrs. Johnson patted Mari’s back while Junghsin watching from behind with Sisi on his hand.

‘Thank you,’ Mrs. Johnson said that word repeatedly even after released her daughter from her hug and welcome both Jungshin and Sisi.

‘So, here is my grandchild?’ Mrs. Johnson bended down to Sisi’s level.

The girl bowed before greeted, ‘Hello, my name is Lee Sisi,’

‘You’re beautiful; you have you Mum’s eyes,’

‘And Dad’s height,’ Sisi added made all the people laugh.

 

Well, maybe Sisi was true, for a girl in her age, Sisi was definitely too tall, not to mention that she has long legs.

 

‘Where’s Dad?’ Mari asked to her mother.

‘Oh, he’s still at the office, he’ll be home soon,’ Mrs. Johnson checked her watch as she stood up. ‘Well, let’s get you inside,’ the elder stretched hand to her grandchild — which Sisi took with huge grin on her face — while the other patted Jungshin’s shoulder and mouthed thank you.

 

***

 

‘I told you, its big mistake to come here,’ Jungshin grumbled to his wife which cast him an amusing smile.

 

Mari looked at her daughter who screamed and squeled and another expression that she found it very priceless and the mother still kept her camera focus on the court down there.

Sisi was practically jumping and waved her pom-pom over her head once the game was over.

 

‘Kris!!!!!!!!!!!’ she sreamed on top of her lungs and it’s either he did really hear her calling or merely luck, the man of the match turned his face and raised his hands over his head, made love sign which Sisi returned the gesture happily.

 

Mari patted Jungshin’s back, because of his irritating face was evident and Mari did not want her daughter see it.

 

‘You’ve your fans on the stage, and Yifan has on the court, it’s even.’ Mari laughed.

‘Thanks he has girlfriend,’ Jungshin snorted.

Mari’s eyes widened before bursted into laugh, ‘seriously?’

 

 

 

It was about two hours later; Sisi’s eyes twinkled with another spark upon seeing certain someone she was waiting for long entering VIP corner where three of them sitting for supper.

 

‘Krissss!!!’ Sisi can’t help herself but jumped off her sofa and run to the said man which he picked the girl on his arm.

‘How are you?’

‘You,’ kissed on the right cheek, ‘are,’ kissed on the left cheek, ‘awesome,’ kissed on the lips and Yifan laughed by Sisi’s gesture.

‘I can see that you’re still hyperactive, princess.’

 

Sisi giggled.

 

‘Where’s Michelle?’ Mari asked when Yifan already sit down side by side with her daughter.

‘She’s in Vienna for fashion show,’ Yifan shrugged.

 

The food was set on the table already and it was like feast.

 

‘So, how’s life?’ Jungshin asked as they began to dig up their food.

 

Yifan swallowed his salad before raised his left hand. The couple before him gasped as Sisi leaned to the side for better view ...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Did you cheat on me?!’ Sisi exclaimed with her both eyes widened in surprise.

‘You’ll always be my love alright?’ Yifan leaned down to kiss Sisi’s forehead.

 

Jungshin snorted upon seeing the scene while Mari only laughed.

 

‘When will the big day then?’ Mari asked.

 

Yifan put down his fork and knife and crossed his fingers together, facing he couple with bright face.

 

‘In between our birthday,’ he beamed.

Mari clapped her hands, ‘congrats, I don’t know why you wait this long,’

‘I promised her to give all the time she needs,’ Yifan shrugged. ‘And you guys must come,’

Mari looked at Jungshin who nodded. ‘Of course,’ he said.

 

The dinner went with various conversations and when the clock striked on ten, four of them leaving the restaurant. Mari was hand in hand with Jungshin while Yifan held Sisi on his right hand.

 

‘Mummy, Daddy good night,’ Sisi said after her parents kissed her goodbye.

‘Behave okay princess?’ Mari said.

 

Sisi nodded.

 

‘Don’t spoil my daughter too much Yifan,’ Jungshin told Yifan which the latter only laughed it off.

 

***

 

Mari and Jungshin arrived at Mari’s parents’ mansion almost midnight since Mari took her husband driving around the city. Reminiscing her old days in the town that once gave her nightmare but now, here they were, stepping back on her past.

 

‘Where is princess?’ Mrs. Johnson asked as he couple walked in the grand living room.

‘Oh Mum, why are you still awake?’ instead of replied the elder’s question Mari asked.

‘Sisi, went home with Yifan,’ Jungshin replied.

 

Mrs. Johnson nodded.

 

‘You shouldn’t really have to wait for us Mum,’ Mari said with disapproving tone.

Mrs. Johnson patted her daughter’s shoulder softly, ‘I was waiting for your Dad, and then you two came home,’

‘Dad hasn’t home?’

‘He was already home, he’s in shower now, well you two get rest then,’

‘Alright, you too Mum,’ Mari said.

‘We’ll go upstairs Mum,’ Jungshin excused and Mrs. Johnson nodded, smile was never leave her face since the day the couple stepped into the mansion two days ago.

 

Who’s going to think that this scene will happen for real for her?

 

***

 

Jungshin scanned their bed room but his wife was nowhere to be found. He was clearly remembered she laid on the bed once she done drying her hair before he left for shower.

But now, where is she?

 

 

 

 

 

Mari gasped when pair of arms sneaked in her waist.

 

‘What are you doing here?’ Jungshin whispered as he rested his chin on his wife’s shoulder.

 

Mari shifted and comfortably rested her head on Jungshin’s chest.

 

‘I think,’ she trailed of and turned her head, looking up to her husband that looked down to her eyes. ‘I miss this place,’

 

Jungshin hugged his wife tighter. Both of them swayed slowly on the spot, enjoying the city night view down there.

 

‘Thank you,’ Mari quietly said.

‘What for?’

‘For make all of this happen, I’ve never think that I’ll come back here again,’

‘I think same goes for Mum, did you see how looked at you? She was like seeing a miracle,’

 

Mari fell quite for moments, truth to be told, she was too, after more than decade, Mari called her mother Mummy again, and leave everything behind as if never happen, in fact, their relationship right now is far, far better than what they had in the past.

 

 

 

Yes, it was miracle.

 

 

 

‘Come on lets get inside, its getting colder, beside, we need to call the Hyungs, we promised them,’ Jungshin said.

 

They left to Vancouver a day after Hyunjin’s birthday, two days ago and have not call to Korea yet.

Jungshin frowned when Yonghwa’s mother told Yonghwa and Shinhye were still in Lee’s. While Mari squealed once skype connected and Yonghwa, Shinhye and Minhyuk’s faces squeeze on the small screen.

 

‘You’re late!’ Yonghwa accused.

 

And moment later there only laughter as Yonghwa, Jonghyun and even Minhyuk act as dorky toddler as they chat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A miracle did really happen to those who believe.

 

 

 

 

 

Hello~~~~~

Sorry for dissapear for while, I need to finish my new novel for Fanfan's birthday.

So, here it is, the second part of My Miracle's Epilog.

Basically, the epilog was written year ago but in the second part I added Yifan's part, so the scene with Yifan's apperance was the new one hehehe

I'm sorry I just love Fanfan too much LOL

And not forget tto wish you all Happy Mid-Autumn Festival

Bunny Fanfan eating Moon-cake

happpy mid-autumn festival

Bunny Zeyang and Bunny Xiamu (Xiamu looked cute holding his cake while sleeping)

happy mid-autumn festival

fanart by 吴杰超教徒_5eafan