Chapter Nine

In too deep

After Hae went upstairs, Hyuk retreated into his library. He opened the second drawer of his desk and reached for Hae's file. After he read it one more time he shoved it away and waited for the girl to arrive. She would take the edge off.

 

Hyuk woke up, completely and relaxed, in the living room. He checked the time and remembered it was saturday and he didn't had to go to work. He stretched himself and went upstairs, not caring that his staff saw his . He entered the bedroom but found it empty. He shrugged and went for the bathroom. He stopped as he heard a giggle.

'You expected me to lift him up and bring him to our bed?' He heard Hae say.

'Well, I don't know what you did to wear him out like that, Hae Hae but to leave your husband and vulnerable like that is just wrong.'

Hyuk frowned. He could have sworn that was Heechul's voice.

He heard some splashing of water. 'Hey don't look at me like that.' Heechul continued.

'You think I'm a bad husband?' Hae's voice sounded small.

'Aish you idiot, anyone would be lucky to have you.'

Hyuk opened the door and froze. His eyes on the two men in the tub. Hugging each other.

Hae looked up and smiled at him. 'Good morning Hyukjae. We'll get out of here so you can shower.'

Hyuk noticed how Hae's stare lowered a bit and then immediately went back up to meet his eyes. He couldn't read that expression.

Heechul sensed the tension and quickly got out of the tub. 'Hyukjae, this isn't what it looks like.'

'Get out.' Hyuk whispered.

Hae was about to stand up.

'Not you.' Hyuk clenched his teeth together. His eyes went to Heechul. 'Get out, I'll hear your statement in fifteen minutes in my office downstairs.'

'Let me explain...' Heechul started.

Hae saw Hyuk was about to blow. 'Chullie, just do as he says.'

Heechul looked from one to the other and left.

Hae grabbed one of the rubber ducks in the bathtub and played with it nervously.

'How long?' Hyuk's voice sounded hoarse.

Hae looked up and frowned.

'How long has this been going on?'

Hae smiled. 'Chullie and me bathing? Since I was little. I used to be afraid of water.'

Hyuk hesitated. 'Did he ever touch you?'

Hae tilted his head. 'Of course.'

'Why can't you look at me?' Hyuk asked.

'I am looking at you.'

'No you are looking right above me. Is it because I'm ?'

Hae blushed.

Hyuk stepped closer and Hae yelped.

'Heechul was .'

'T-that's different.' Hae stuttered.

'Look at me.' Hyuk ordered.

Hae bit his lip and looked right above the other's head again.

Hyuk lashed out and grabbed one of Hae's hands. 'Show me where he touched you.'

Hae tried to pull away but Hyuk was a lot stronger than him.

'I'm going to go over every spot unless you tell me!' Hyuk threatened as he used Hae's hand on his shoulder.

Hae didn't move, he gave up struggling. He was shaking badly.

Hyuk quickly got into the tub and closed in, forcing Hae's hand on his collarbone. He could feel the younger's fingers trembling on his skin.

'Well what is it going to be?' Hyuk whispered as he suddenly lowered the hand drastically towards his stomach.

Hae screamed. 'Not like this! Hyung would never touch me like that!'

Hyuk let go of the hand and Hae scooted back to the very end of his side of the tub.

'Can I leave now, please?' Hae said.

Hyuk didn't even have to look at him to know the boy was crying.

'Whatever.' He said coldly. He heard the water splash as Hae dashed out of the tub. Hyuk's eyes quickly went over his husband's body. 'Well I'll be damned.' He mumbled as his eyes were glued to the finest he had ever seen before it was covered with a towel and the boy had ran out of the room.

 

'Did Hae explain?' Heechul asked twenty minutes later.

'Not to my satisfaction.'

'I know it must look weird but I swear it's all innocent.'

'I believe that from my husband, but from you? No way. You forget that I've seen his body.' Hyuk said.

'My affection for Hae goes beyond the physical.' Heechul stated.

'But you do lust for him.' Hyuk snarled.

'I would never act on it.' Heechul swore.

'No more baths.' Hyuk ordered.

'So you'll bathe with him from now on?' Heechul asked. 'Hae loves bathing but he's used to having someone with him.'

'He can shower.' Hyuk shrugged.

Heechul's eyes narrowed.

'You can leave now, your services aren't needed today as I will be with him the entire day.' Hyuk said.

Heechul nodded and left.

 

Hyuk went back upstairs. He found Hae in their bedroom, staring out the window, cuddling his plushie.

'You sent Chullie away?'

'Yeah, he can have a day off as well.'

Hae nodded.

'Let's eat.' Hyuk said.

'Not hungry.' Hae answered.

Suddenly his plushie was grabbed away from him. 'How old are you really?' Hyuk barked, annoyed beyond his limits.

'Give him back!' Hae shouted.

'No, you are a married man, not a little child. No more pampering!' Hyuk yelled.

Hae jumped up and tried to get his favourite toy back. 'Give it back!' He cried out.

'No.'

'I need it to sleep with.'

'You are a grown man, we are donating this to an orphanage.'

Hae looked up, his eyes filled with tears. 'But...'

'No, Donghae, it's time to leave your little fantasy world and see reality.' Hyuk stated as he took the toy with him.