Chapter Thirty Seven

In too deep

'Feel a bit better?' Heechul asked softly as they were staring at the river.

Hae his icecream once more before he spoke. 'You did the exact same thing when Donghwa died. You took me here and kept feeding me sugar. I ended up sick.'

'Well, physical pain is more endurable than heartaches.' Heechul mumbled. 'And you are losing weight, Hae.'

'I don't feel like eating.'

'Can we talk about it?'

Hae looked down. 'I know okay, I know he's not to blame but he kept so much hidden from me and I trusted him completely.' He bit his lip to prevent from crying again. 'I slept with him. How do you think Hwa would have felt about that?'

Heechul sighed and pulled the boy into a hug. 'Hwa would have wanted you to be happy, Hae. He would have liked Hyuk, I think.'

'Even if his dad tried to kill him?'

'We are not responsible for what our parents do.'

Hae had finished the icecream and lied down on his back in the grass. 'My mind knows, Chullie, but my heart aches.'

'Because you are in love with him.'

Hae didn't answer.

'Hae, do you feel that because you harbor those feelings, that you are betraying Hwa?'

A single tear slowly rolled down the boy's face.

Heechul gently wiped it away. 'How do you think Hyukjae feels?'

More tears appeared. 'I know. And I feel terrible that I can't comfort him. His childhood must have been horrible.'

'He just wanted to protect you. You might still be in danger.'

'And who is going to protect me from him?'

 

Hae came home to an empty house. He walked to the bedroom and started moving clothes to the adjacent room. He avoided looking at the bed. He had just grabbed a handful of boxers and looked up when he noticed Hyuk at the door.

Hae opened his mouth but closed it again.

'I understand.' Hyuk mumbled and rushed to the bathroom. He locked it and rested his forehead against it. He knew he would have to give Hae some space. But this was so damn hard. Hyuk quickly took a shower and then realised he hadn't brought any fresh clothes. He dried himself and wrapped a towel around his waist. He walked out and almost slammed right into Donghae. They tumbled onto the bed. Hyuk was still processing what had happened when he became aware of a quiet Hae underneath him. He looked down and their eyes met.

Hyuk held his breath as he lost himself in those tormented eyes. 'Hae.' He whispered, his eyes fell on those addictive lips. He unconsciously was drawn to them.

Hae whimpered and turned his head to the side. 'Get off me.' He begged.

Hyuk blinked and then realised what he was doing. 'S-sorry!' He said and quickly removed himself.

Hae was in turmoil. His body had so easily reacted to Hyuk's. Had wanted more, had longed for it. He felt so weak and pathetic. 'We need to adjust the rules.'

Hyuk nodded and sat himself down on a chair.

'I'm not sleeping with you anymore.' Hae blurted out.

Hyuk's head snapped up and he saw his husband turn bright red.

'I-I m-mean, I'll sleep in the other room.'

Hyuk didn't react.

'I want more freedom.' Hae said.

'In what aspect?'

'If I want to go out, I go out, I don't want to ask permission for anything anymore. You are not my boss or my superior.'

Hyuk's heart dropped. 'You want to date other people?'

Hae frowned. It was not what he had meant. He was still thinking when Hyuk abruptly got up.

'I see.' Hyuk's voice was ice cold. 'I introduced you to and now you want to explore it.'

'What?' Hae didn't know how to react.

'Call me a possessive jerk but I don't want you to around!' Hyuk yelled, all his feelings were spilling out.

' around? Oh, you mean like you do?'

'I haven't! Not since the other night!' Hyuk defended himself.

'I feel so special.' Hae's voice was filled with venom.

'Hae, please...'

'Don't worry, you screwed me over well. Do you think I'll sleep around after what you did? You think I can trust someone now? But if I want intimacy with a man in the future, I will not let you stop me. You are not going to ruin my entire life. I'll stay married to you to protect my parents and our employees but if I fall for someone, I will spend time with him and be with him in every way I can.'

'I don't want that.'

'Tough luck.'

'Where is your sense of marriage now? You always said you'd stay loyal and that you wouldn't taint our marital bond.'

'I'm not the one that soaked it with my brother's blood!' Hae screamed.

Hyuk paled and stumbled back.

The silence between them was disturbed by the voice of Hae's mum. 'Hae? We rang the bell but no one answered, are you home?'

Hyuk and Hae stared at each other.

'We'll be down in a second!' Hyuk yelled.

Hae's mind was blank.

'Do you want us to still act lovey dovey around your parents?' Hyuk's voice was strained.

'I don't want them to know about you and Hwa.' Hae mumbled. 'We have to act in love.' He clenched his jaws.

Hyuk came closer and stretched out his hand. Hae winced.

'I'll get dressed, prepare yourself to not flinch like that in my presence.' Hyuk said and turned around.