Chapter Four

In too deep

'I'm sorry but you don't have an appointment.' Onew said without looking up. When there was no response he snapped his head up only to notice the man had already left. Judging from the commotion up ahead, he had just walked on through.

The door got slammed open.

'I have to go.' Hyuk said into the phone and hung up, he calmly turned around and was met with a furious Heechul.

'What the hell did you do to Hae?'

Hyuk frowned. 'To who?'

A flustered Onew appeared. 'I'm so sorry sir, I couldn't hold him back.'

'It's alright, Onew, we'll take it from here.' Kyu said as he walked in and closed the door. 'This is Donghae's bodyguard; Mr. Kim.'

'Oh he knows who I am, you all do.' Heechul sneered. 'Now explain what is going on.'

Hyuk's cold eyes rested upon the man. 'Are you upset that your employer is getting married?'

'I'm upset cause something is off. I want to know what and why.' Heechul retorted.

'Don't worry, Donghae has ensured your employment. You can stay on as his personal bodyguard.' Hyuk waved the man away.

'That's not why I'm here. How could a pure soul like him fall for a cold bastard like you?' Heechul shouted.

Hyuk's eyes narrowed.

'Sir, we understand your astonishment but isn't it between Mr. Lee and your lord?' Kyu tried.

'The thing is.' Heechul continued, completely ignoring the other 'Hae would chop off a limb if it would help a stranger on the street, so what are you using against him?'

Hyuk finally spoke up. 'This goes beyond your duties as a bodyguard. What is your relationship with my fiancé?'

'That is none of your business!' Heechul said.

'They are as close as brothers.' Kyu answered.

Heechul suddenly lashed out and grabbed Kyu by the throat. 'You are starting to annoy me, brat.'

Hyuk sighed. 'No harm will come to your precious Donghae. He's a grown man, I'm not tricking him into anything.'

'If you ever hurt him, I'll hunt you down.'

'Isn't it your job to see to it that he doesn't get hurt at all?' Hyuk said unaffected.

Security finally arrived and dragged a fuming Heechul out.

'Want me to get rid of him?' Kyu panted, still massaging his throat.

Hyuk chuckled. 'You would make a great mobster, my friend and no, Donghae needs someone so loyal to him. Someone that would die for him.'

'Oh please, I read the contract. He won't marry you if Mr. Kim is fired.' Kyu rolled his eyes.

'And there is that.'

 

'What?' Sungmin's jaw dropped.

'Please come to my wedding.' Hae repeated.

'No, I heard you but say WHAT? Since when do you even have a girlfriend?'

Hae bit his lip. 'I'm marrying a man.'

Min blinked a couple of times. 'That is cool. I didn't know you had a boyfriend.'

'It kinda happened fast.' Hae shrugged.

Min stared at him and then smiled softly. 'Of course I'll be there, so on a scale from one to ten, how hot is he?'

Hae looked away for a second. 'Eleven?' He forced a smile on his face and almost sighed in relief when his beeper went off. 'I have to go, room 201 again!'

 

'Chul?'

'Hey Minnie, something wrong with Hae?'

'No, all is fine. About this wedding?'

Heechul didn't respond. Sungmin checked the signal on his phone. 'Chul? You there?'

'You've noticed too huh?' Heechul finally spoke. 'That something isn't right.'

'Yeah, but you know Hae, he's stubborn as . We'll stand by him and pick up the pieces.' Min sighed.

'Yeah.'

'If I had known he was gay, I would have put a move on him years ago.' Min said.

'You first would have to go through me.' Heechul said fondly.

 

Hae was staring at the ceiling. It was his last night at his parents' house. The next day he would be a married man. Tied up for life to a man without feelings. Hae sighed.

A knock sounded on the door and he quickly sat up. His mum entered the room.

'Hey sweety, all nervous about tomorrow?'

Hae smiled. 'I can't wait, I can't believe tomorrow is the day!' He said brightly.

'Are you sure this is what you want? Isn't it too quick?' His mum asked worriedly.

'My heart is in this 100%.'

'Awwww. Sleep well, baby boy of mine.'

'Sleep tight, mum!'

Hae bit his lip as his mother left. Faking hurt. But it was for the best, he was convinced of that. Suddenly his phone vibrated, he opened it.

Hey my soon to be possession. I hope you use this last free night of your life to some babes into heaven because starting tomorrow, you'll be mine.

Hae felt angry. No need to be so rude. He closed his eyes. A couple of seconds later the phone went off again.

I can give you some names and phone numbers. I can tell you need a good banging.

Leave me alone. Have a good evening. I'll see you tomorrow. Hae threw his phone on the other side of the bed. 'Jerk.' He mumbled.

 

'Why are you smirking like that?' Kyu asked.

'Just toying with someone.' Hyuk said.

'This is your bachelor party, you shouldn't be busy with your phone.'

'Oh please, Cho. It's not as if anything will change when I'm married.'

Kyu frowned. 'I wouldn't be so sure.' He mumbled.