Chapter Fifty Eight

In too deep

Hyuk frowned when he saw Sungmin whisper something to Heechul and the latter quickly left the room after giving the sleeping Kyu a glance.

'Sungmin?' Hyuk said.

'Hmmm?'

'What's up?'

'Nothing.'

'Then why did Heechul just...'

'You need to rest, Mr. Lee, just like Mr. Cho.' Sungmin said curtly, closed the curtains and left.

 

Changmin intercepted a furious Kim Heechul.

'Killing that man won't solve the case.' Changmin said.

'You don't understand!' Heechul yelled. One look at a pale Hae in an artificial sleep had done it.

'How he ruined all of their lives? Oh, I do, I saw it upclose and when I thought it couldn't get worse, I find out he ordered a murder by using Hyuk's dad.'

'Did he attack Kyu and Hyuk?'

'It doesn't appear so. He was genuinely surprised. He seems to care for Donghae.'

'WHAT?' Heechul snapped again.

'Hear for yourself.' Changmin said and led the older to the door of Mr.Choi.

'Please.' They heard Mr.Choi begging to Jonghyun. 'Please how is Donghae? Is he okay? I'm so sorry.' His voice was breaking up and turned into heavy sobbing.

'He has pulled all of the tubes out.' Changmin said.

 

'Where is Donghae?' Hyuk demanded to know.

'He's sleeping.' Yunho said.

Hyuk sat upright and glared at the man. 'What aren't you telling me?'

'I don't know what you mean sir.' Yunho said with a straight face.

'Kyu?'

'Yeah, I think it's fishy too.' Kyu answered.

'Hae wouldn't leave me alone for hours.' Hyuk added.

Siwon entered the room. He looked awful, he avoided eye contact. A crying Minho followed.

Hyuk was on high alert.

Siwon just went to him and hugged him tight.

'Wonnie, you are scaring the crap out of Hyuk.' Kyu mumbled as he embraced Minho.

'Donghae is going to be fine.' Changmin said from the doorway. 'He's had a bit of a shock. Mr.Choi confessed on ordering the Lee brothers' murder years ago. A nurse gave your husband a sedative to make him rest.'

Hyuk felt Siwon's arms tighten around him. 'Hey now.' He whispered as the tears welled up. 'Siwon, look at me.'

Siwon dug his head deeper against Hyuk's neck.

'Wonnie.' Hyuk whispered. 'It's alright, I know you are not him just like I'm not my dad.' He looked at Changmin. 'Did he order the attack on me.'

Changmin shook his head. 'But somehow it needs to be connected. Who would benefit from your death?'

'Everything would go to Hae.' Hyuk said.

'And if he would die?'

'It would go back to his parents I guess.'

Changmin narrowed his eyes.

'No! Changmin, I've met them they are not like that! They love Hae to death. They already lost a son, they would never do anything to harm the one they have left.' Hyuk pecked Siwon's cheek and slowly pushed him away. he removed his IV, ignored everyone's protest and got up. Siwon wanted to support him but Hyuk was already at the end of his bed.

'Don't make me tackle you.' Changmin said.

'You'd have to kill me to keep me away from Hae.' Hyuk snarled.

Dr. Jung hurriedly entered as Hyuk's monitor had gone off like crazy, when she saw the man near the door they just looked at each other.

'Donghae is f...'

'I need to see him.' Hyuk interrupted.

'You won't attack Mr. Choi?' The doctor asked sternly.

'I'll deal with that bastard later.' Hyuk growled. He continued to walk slowly to the door, he leaned with one hand against the wall to fight the dizzyness.

Changmin grabbed an arm and lead him quickly to Hae.

Sungmin was checking his friend's bloodpressure as the door opened and Hyuk came in. He smiled weakly. 'He's fine, Hyuk, just overwhelmed.'

Hyuk nodded and walked to the couch, he dropped himself next to Hae and moved the boy's head to his lap. Calmness came over him as he was assured his husband was alright.

'Hyuk?' Heechul said.

'Hmmm.'

'We are missing something important.'

'Yeah. Changmin here wants to look into Hae's parents.'

'What?' Heechul snapped his head to Changmin.

'Well...'

'Don't even go there. I know those people. They'd rather die than to harm Hae of Hyuk for that matter.'

'Just get intel from your guys, I need to focus on getting better and supporting Hae.' Hyuk said to Changmin.

Changmin nodded.

'Oh and Changmin?'

'Yeah?'

'Thanks.'

Hyuk didn't see Changmin's smile as his eyes were back on his husband's face. But Heechul did and he felt more at ease knowing that Hae was surrounded by very powerful people.