Chapter Seventeen

In too deep

'You should always consult a doctor before you redo an IV' Dr. Jung yelled at Hae.

'Yes, doctor.' Hae said.

'These are basics, Donghae.'

Min was standing there, just like the rest of the staff, their fists clenched as they heard Dr. Jung go for Hae again. Since she had found out he got married she really made his life hell.

'What's up with her?' Kangin whispered to Min.

'She always does this. Hae is the best nurse this hospital has ever seen, yet she tries to humiliate him every single day.' Min sighed.

'As punishment, I want you to run a double shift today.' The doctor continued.

'Doctor, it's his birthday.' Min tried.

'Even if his ing mother died, I don't give a rat's .' The doctor yelled. 'Donghae, come to my office first.' She snarled.

Kangin heard Min gasped. 'What?'

'Dr. Oh is absent today, Dr. Jung has the office to herself.'

'So?'

'I don't trust her, please go with him inside.' Min begged.

'We can't if it's about medical stuff.' Kangin mumbled, his eyes still fixed on Min's face. 'But I'll figure something out.'

Min jumped up and hugged the tall bodyguard. 'You are so awesome!'

'Well, euh, thanks.' Kangin mumbled, ignoring the chuckles from Kibum.

 

'I'm really disappointed with you Donghae.' Dr. Jung paced up and down her office while eyeing the man sitting in one of her chairs, his head low.

'I'm so sorry, doctor. Mister...'Hae realised his mistake. 'I mean patient 201 is hard to talk into redoing an IV, he was complacent so I took that window of opportunity.'

'You are getting too attached again.'

'He has no one.'

'Are you talking back?'

Hae shut up and shook his head.

'Aish Donghae, what should I do with you?' She sat on the edge of her desk, quite close to Hae. 'If only you could please me.'

Hae froze, he knew that tone of voice all too well.

'I'm married, doctor.'

'Yes rub it in, you little piece of trash!' She yelled. She started to her blouse. Hae was panicking, she never took it this far.

'What if I start yelling and screaming that you are forcing yourself on me?' She smirked.

The door slammed open.

'That would be kind of hard, since he's not into people like you.' The man said.

'Kyu!' Hae exclaimed.

'Hi sweety, I was just in the neighbourhood.' Kyu wrapped a protective arm around the boy.

'Who the hell are you?' Dr. Jung yelled.

'I'm Cho Kyuhyun of Lee International.'

The doctor paled. 'You two are friends? You are second on the Seoul's most wanted bachelor list!'

'I think you should be worried about something else.' Kyu threatened.

Hae's eyes widened. 'Please don't!'

Kyu looked at Hae and hesitated. 'Sorry, your hubby's orders.'

Dr. Jung choked. Her eyes wide open. 'Who is he married to?'

'His lordship Lee Hyukjae, owner of Lee International and if he finds out you've been messing with his love. Well he's known for his relentless actions, isn't he?' Kyu smiled.

 

'How did it go?'

'Smoothly Hyuk, but we have to watch this woman.'

'Why?'

'She's in too deep. The way she looks at Hae.'

'Donghae.'

Kyu sighed. 'The way she looks at your husband is too intense.'

'I see.'

'By the way, you better call his parents, he can't have lunch, you'll have to turn it into dinner.'

'Why?'

'He got himself a double shift.'

'She did that?'

'Yes.'

'Reverse it.'

'Hae doesn't want special treatment.' Kyu said softly.

 

Min held onto Hae tight as they were walking to the restaurant.

'Don't look so tense.' Kibum whispered to his partner.

'I'm not!' Kangin snarled, his eyes on the two boys ahead of them.

'He does have a nice .' Kibum continued.

'You better not be talking about Hae's!' Heechul sounded into their earpieces.

Kibum froze. 'No, sir, no we weren't!'

'Are you saying Hae's isn't nice?' Heechul barked, hiding his amusement.

'What? No no no, sir. Donghae has the nicest I've ever seen sir.' Kibum exclaimed, realising too late he said that quite loud as the said boy and his friend turned around in shock.

Heechul was cackling in the bodyguards' ears and Kangin patted Kibum on the back. 'You walked right into that.'

 

'Mum, dad!' Hae was so happy to see his parents. He hugged them tight. 'What are you doing here?'

'It's your birthday, dear, they should be here.' Hyuk's voice sounded behind him.

Hae slowly turned around, unhooking himself from Min.

'Don't I get a hug...dear?'

Hae walked up to his husband and wrapped his arms around his neck. He hid his face in the crook of Hyuk's neck. 'Thank you so much.' Hae mumbled, emotional to the brim.

Hyuk rubbed the boy's back and smiled, which faded when he saw Kyu's curious look.

'Happy birthday, Donghae.' Hyuk whispered and kissed his forehead.

Hae suddenly realised this was just an act. He closed his eyes and bit his lip. When he opened them, they sparkled. He quickly kissed Hyuk on the cheek and turned around to face his parents again.