Chapter Forty Eight

In too deep

Heechul was leaning against his car, staring at the sky when Hae had finished his shift.

'Something with mum and dad?' Hae asked worriedly.

'Nope, your hubby's orders.'

'Oh.'

Heechul narrowed his eyes as he saw the boy avoiding contact. 'Lee Donghae, what did you do?'

'Talked to someone.'

'And that got Hyuk scared?'

'Let's go home.' Hae said.

 

'Thank you, Heechul.' Hyuk said. He was with his back to the door and twirling wine before he took a sip.

'Good night, Hyuk.' The bodyguard said and hugged Hae shortly.

'Hyuk, I can...'

'Sit down, please.' Hyuk's voice sounded strained.

Hae obeyed immediately.

Hyuk put his glass away and nestled his head on Hae's lap, startling the younger.

'Hyukkie?'

'Shhh, just let me be for a sec.' Hyuk whispered.

Hae stared down at the pained face of his lover and realised he was the cause of that. His hand stretched out and started tracing the older's face, trying to erase the lines of worry that were visible.

Hyuk visibly relaxed from the caresses. He opened his eyes and stared intensely right up into Hae's worried ones.

'I love you.' Hyuk simply said, monitoring the boy's reaction. He saw those beautiful eyes widen and overflow with tears. Hyuk quickly sat upright and pulled the younger into a tight embrace. 'Oh, don't cry, it's okay Hae, you don't have to feel the same.'

Hae pushed him off and grabbed his face. 'I love you too.'

Hyuk kissed the tears away and then hungrily connected their lips. They could taste the salt. Hyuk pulled Hae on top of his lap as their lips kept chasing after one another.

'I want to make love with you.' Hyuk said huskily.

Hae blushed.

'But first we need to talk.'

'L-like this?'

Hyuk smirked. 'You don't like our position?'

'It's hard to concentrate.' Hae rolled his hips to emphasise his point.

Hyuk gasped and grabbed Hae's behind to hold him steady. 'Tease!'

'Just talk quickly.' Hae urged him on.

'Bossy.' Hyuk smiled then he remembered the topic and became serious. 'I know you talked to Minho. Just be very careful, ok?'

'You aren't forbidding me?' Hae tilted his head in curiosity.

'What is the use in that? You would disobey me anyway.' Hyuk sighed. 'And stop being so damn adorable.'

Hae blinked.

Hyuk growled.

'He was nice.'

'Are you testing my patience?' Hyuk said. 'Don't tell me some other guy is nice or handsome or whatever!'

'Hyukkie...'

Hyuk melted under that warm glance of the younger. He breathed in. 'I know, I'm overreacting. Go on.'

'Tell me what happened between you and the Choi's.' Hae said. He saw hurt flash through his husband's face and buried his hands into the older's hair to sooth him.

Hyuk looked up at his husband, his grip tightening. 'We used to be very good friends. But Siwon just threw it all away.'

'What do you know about their father?'

'Mr. Choi was barely home. He was very strict. Wonnie....I mean Siwon and Minho were scared of him.'

'Did you know he beat Siwon?'

Hyuk looked shocked. 'What? Oh my god. The bruises! Siwon always said he was clumsy.' Hyuk dug his head against Hae's chest.

Hae's hands rubbed the tense shoulders and he sensed his husband was crying.

'You didn't know, Hyukkie.'

'You don't understand. I used to hate him so intensely. He treated me like dirt and made me feel inferior. I always was so angry cause I really needed him. I-I never even thought he might of needed me as well!'

'Maybe he pushed you away to keep you safe from his father?'

'He must have been so lonely.' Hyuk hiccupped. 'I still had Kyu but he...'

'Sweety, calm down.' Hae whispered.

Hyuk looked up at the affectionate name. 'What did you call me?'

Hae blushed deeply.

'No, don't look away, just say it again.' Hyuk said softly, a tear still escaping his eyes.

'Sweety.'

'No one ever called me that.' Hyuk said.

'You are very sweet. You have such a good heart, Hyuk.' Hae said, his words radiating with love.

'Says the one with the golden heart.' Hyuk smiled and pushed Hae's head down so he could kiss him again. 'My beautiful, wonderful, perfect husband. My love.'