Chapter Fifty Three

In too deep

Changmin parked his motorcycle right in front of the hospital, not caring about any rules. He removed his helmet and tossed it to a guard that wanted to complain to him. His long leather coat waved behind him as he walked up to the desk. The receptionist could only stare at the handsome man who had bad boy written all over him.

'Lee Hyukjae.' Changmin said.

'He's guarded heavily, can I have your name?'

Changmin removed his glasses. The woman gasped as she saw the big scar near his left eye, making the man only look more appealing. 'I'm not going to harm him, dear.'

'It's okay, Victoria. He's safe.' Taemin intervened. 'I'll take him upstairs.'

Victoria watched the two men walk away. He's anything but safe.

'Glad you could come over so fast.' Taemin said.

'Cut the crap. How bad is it?' Changmin answered.

'Hyuk was operated on and seemed to be out of danger, they had to reanimate Kyu three times already, he's flirting with death.'

'Siwon must go insane.' Changmin cussed. 'Is Minho coping?'

'Barely.'

Changmin's jaw tensed. He walked right through the secured floor, his eyes met Siwon's desperate ones, while Minho ran over to him and flew into his embrace.

'Hey, don't worry, I'll solve this mess.' Changmin promised.

'Who are you?' Kangin asked.

'Shim Changmin'

Kangin paled. Before he could open his mouth to alert the entire hospital, Changmin grinned. 'I'm on your side. This time.' He enjoyed the confusion spreading over the bodyguard's face.

'But you...' Kangin couldn't say more.

'He's an old friend, also of Hyuk.' Siwon said.

'He rules the underworld.' Kangin choked out.

'You make it sound as if I'm the devil himself.' Changmin laughed. Then he turned serious fast. 'Who did it?'

'L.Joe. He's dead, cyanide.'

'That lowlife.' Changmin's eyes grew dark. He got his cell phone and speed dialed a number. 'Junsu? Kill anyone connected with L.Joe.' He ended the call.

Kangin's jaw dropped.

'Just to be sure.' Changmin shrugged. 'Now take me to Hyuk.'

'I can't allow that.' Kangin said bravely.

'Look, good man. If I wanted him dead, his skinny  would have died years ago.'

 

Hae looked up when the door opened.

'This is his husband. Lee Donghae.' Taemin explained.

'Taemin?' Hae asked, his voice strained.

'Don't worry. I'm a friend.' Changmin mumbled, his eyes on Hyuk's pale face. Then he looked at Hae, he noticed the necklace and a sad smile appeared on his face. He lifted the little fish, confusing Hae.

'He made me search heaven and earth for this.' Changmin said softly.

'What?' Hae frowned.

'It's made of a rare kind of white gold.'

'No, Heechul hyung gave me this.' Hae shook his head.

'Hae.' Heechul's voice came from behind Changmin. 'It was Hyuk's gift.'

'He must love you deeply.' Changmin said, patted Hae's head and turned to Heechul. 'The famous Kim Heechul.'

'Shim Changmin, if you are on our side, please kill the people that are behind this.' Heechul's voice was stone cold.

'Oh, I will. Take me to Kyu.'

Heechul stumbled a bit. 'We can't go in, he's too unstable.'

'He's going to make it. If there is one person who can cheat death, it's that punk.' Changmin said.

Heechul snorted, tears filling his eyes again. 'Yeah, he wouldn't dare to leave me, the brat.'

 

'I should have seen this coming.' Siwon was pacing up and down the room. 'But I thought they were going to go after Donghae, it's why I placed Taemin in here.'

'Oh so it wasn't to keep an eye on your dad.' Changmin lifted his boots onto the desk.

'Find out if he's behind this.' Minho suddenly said.

Changmin lifted an eyebrow. 'Wasn't there an attempt on him as well?'

'Yeah but you know what he's capable of.' Siwon said.

Changmin's fingers automatically went to his scar. He smirked. 'If he knows anything, he'll tell me.'

'You are not harming my patient.' Hae said from the doorway.

Siwon and Minho turned around and Changmin just stared at the boy.

'What if he's the one behind Hyuk's attack?' Changmin asked.

'Then the police will find out and take him to prison.'

'Boy you are naive.' Changmin laughed. 'He probably bribed half of the cops in this town.'

'Then we'll use the other half.' Hae said stubbornly.

Changmin scanned him up and down, a charming smile appearing. 'No wonder everyone is so crazy about you, you are ing adorable.'

Hae blushed, but his eyes remained determined.

Changmin sighed. 'Fine, I won't physically harm him.'

Siwon and Minho stared in shock at their friend. Changmin never compromised.

The latter shrugged. 'He's really cute.' He said as he watched Hae leaving. 'And Hyuk would kill me if I hurt his baby.'