Chapter Twenty One

In too deep

Hyuk stared at Hae.

'Hyukjae?' Hae said.

The older just shoved Hae in his office, locked the door and took off. It all happened too fast for Donghae. He tried to open the door to only find the other had securely locked it. He hit it with his fist. 'Hyukjae!'

After ten minutes of slamming against the door and even kicking it, Hae gave up. He let himself fall to the floor and lied down on his back, staring at the ceiling. He didn't know how much time passed until he heard the lock turn and the door open. He lifted his head only to meet a furious Cho Kyuhyun.

'Kyu? Where is Hyu....mffff' Hae was lifted up and slammed against the wall by the other.

'What did you do to him?' Kyu screamed.

Hae was utterly confused. 'What?'

'To Hyukjae, your damn husband, what did you do or say to him?' Kyu was barely holding his anger.

'I told him I'd ask you if you'd take my ity.' Hae said bluntly.

Kyu's grip faltered. Hae's feet were touching the ground again. 'What?! Why? What the ?' Kyu started pacing up and down.

'Kyu?'

But the other was in his own world.

'Kyuhyun!' Hae tugged at the other's sleeve.

'What?!'

'Where is Hyukjae?'

'Now you care? How could you say something like that to your own husband?' Kyu ruffled his hair.

'B-but he wants me to lose it. He said it burdens him.'

'I know the girl was a bit too much but what you did...unforgivable!' Kyu said, despair all over his face.

Hae kneeled next to the seated man. 'Explain it to me. Please, Kyu.'

'Of all the people to choose from, why me?'

'Because I like you.' Hae said softly.

Kyu's eyes widened then he sighed. 'Oh Donghae. I'm his best friend.'

'Exactly. He trusts you, so I trust you too. You wouldn't harm any of us.' Hae said.

Kyu closed his eyes. 'Now I get it.' He opened his eyes again. 'Sorry I yelled at you, Hae.'

'Just tell me what I did wrong.' Hae begged.

'No matter how much I like you, I will never be on your side, Hae. I can't. Hyukjae needs me.'

Hae frowned. 'I'm on Hyuk's side as well. Can't we all be on the same side?'

'You foolish boy. How can I have with my best friend's husband? You think one time would do it? We would be back to our regular friendship after that? And what about my friendship with Hyuk? I would have ed his husband, you idiot!'

'Hyuk doesn't care. He offered me a girl yesterday.'

'Yes a girl none of you would ever meet again!' Kyu exclaimed.

Hae bit his lip. 'He wants me to do it with some stranger.' He looked up. 'But Kyu, I don't know if I can do that.'

Kyu looked at the boy intensely. 'There is another solution.'

Hae's eyes were filled with hope.

'Seduce Hyukjae.'

Hae shook his head. 'Hyuk likes girls, with s, huge s.' He uttered.

'There is no chemistry at all between you?' Kyu asked.

Hae looked away. 'He just tolerates me. It's not that I could get him drunk so we could...' He gasped and covered his mouth

'Hae?'

'Nothing!'

'Lee Donghae!' Kyu said watching the boy turn red.

'He seemed to like me for a short while when he was drunk.'

'Like you?'

'He kissed me.'

Kyu's jaw dropped. 'Wait, Lee Hyukjae, your husband, kissed you?'

'Yeah, but he was drunk, very drunk.'

'Not just an accidental kiss or a peck?'

'N-no h-he french kissed m-me.'

'This really doesn't make sense.' Kyu mumbled.

Hae looked down. 'Am I that revolting?'

Kyu's head snapped up. 'No! Oh no, Hae, you just don't get the meaning of this. But I really believe you could seduce Hyuk.'

'He'd hate me afterwards.'

'Yeah and he's really super sweet to you now.' Kyu deadpanned. 'Seriously Hae, how much colder do you think he can get?'

Hae kept looking down.

Kyu frowned and looked closer, his heart hurt when he saw tears running down. For the second time that evening he held a crying man in his embrace. 'I'll help you, Hae. Trust me! I'll make everything alright!'

Hae nodded and rested his head on Kyu's shoulder. Kyu waited till the boy was asleep to carry him upstairs. He placed him next to a sleeping Hyuk and covered them up.

'God, I love you two fools.' Kyu whispered.