Chapter Thirteen

In too deep

Hae was sipping happily on his third apple juice of the evening. Hyuk was holding onto his elbow now and talking to some old executive of some important business imperium. Hae's eyes went over the room. He really wanted to dance but it seems no one did. His eyes met Kangin's and he smiled, he wanted to wave but Hyuk's grip was too firm. He just nodded. He saw a small smile appear on the bodyguard's lips.

'Bored?' He head someone whisper near him. Hae looked up and saw a new face. A very handsome man winked at him. He was accompanied by another good looking guy.

Hae bowed slightly.

'Lord Lee Donghae right?' The first man said.

Hae nodded.

'I'm...'

'He's no one, let's move.' Hyuk's harsh voice interrupted as he pulled on Hae's arm.

'But Hyuk.'

Hyuk gave Hae a glare and that succesfully shut him up.

'Who are they?' Heechul inquired.

'The Choi brothers. The oldest is Siwon, the other Minho.'

'Why did Hyukjae tense up like that?'

'You could see that from that distance? Wow you are good.' Kyu said.

'Why?' Heechul repeated.

'Because they are his rivals.'

 

Hae tugged on Hyuk's sleeve. His husband turned a little to indicate he was listening.

'Bathroom.' Hae whispered.

Hyuk nodded. 'Take someone with you.'

Hae searched the room and then ran up to Kyu. 'Let's go to the bathroom together.'

A flustered Kyu could do nothing but obey.

'Hyukjae must be very important.' Hae said proudly.

'Why?' Kyu choked out, he was leaning against the wall and watched Hae go into a cubicle.

'Everyone wants to talk to him!'

'Well he is the richest man of the country.'

Hae got out and started washing his hands. The door opened and the Choi brothers entered.

'Tell us Cho, why is that monkey so protective of this pretty little caged bird?' Siwon said while he eyed Hae.

'Go to hell!' Kyu said.

'That's no way to speak to nobility.' Minho scowled.

'You are just barons.' Kyu mocked.

'So he got himself an earl.' Siwon said as he closed in on Hae. 'How come I had never heard of you before you married that cold frog?'

'I'm not into titles.' Hae said softly. 'They are meaningless.'

'It's a shame. You could be married to a warm blooded, passionate man like me but instead you ended up with a commoner like Lee Hyukjae.'

Hae tilted his head and looked at the man. 'Why are you so envious of him? Is it because he's richer than you?'

Siwon narrowed his eyes.

'Maybe be cause he's far superior and smarter than you are?'

'Watch that little pretty mouth of yours.' Siwon hissed angrily.

Hae saw Minho close in on Kyu and quickly pressed his alarm button.

'Or is it because he's more handsome?'

Kyu blinked, Minho frowned and Siwon's jaw dropped. They didn't get time to process because the door slammed open and a furious Heechul backed up with Kangin and Kibum entered. Siwon and Minho got shoved aside, Heechul put a protective arm around Hae and escorted him out.

 

Hyuk had seen the bodyguards move at the same time and his body tensed.

'What's wrong, baby?' The woman next to him purred.

'Nothing.' Hyuk said, faking a smile. He could not show his anxiety, hundreds of eyes were continuously watching his every move. His face remained unaffected as he saw Heechul and his husband leave the bathroom. He saw Hae looking for him and when their eyes met, he saw Hae's shifting to the woman clinging on to him and then back to him. He said something to Heechul and they parted. Hyuk saw Kyu, Kangin and Kibum leave the bathroom followed by a pissed off Siwon and Minho. His eyes went back to Hae who was approaching him. To his surprise Hae bowed.

'Hi, I'm Donghae, are you a friend of Hyuk?'

The woman next to Hyuk was clearly taken aback. 'Euh, hi and yes I am.'

'Nice to meet you.' Hae smiled sweetly.

'You are cute.' The girl mumbled.

Hae's eyes showed sudden panic as they quickly looked up to Hyuk.

'Don't call him cute.' Hyuk said curtly.

'But Jae Jae, look at him! He's adorable. I just want to....'

'Leave us.' Hyuk snarled.

'But baby...' The woman whined.

Hae's eyes widened. 'You are one of his lovers.' He whispered.

'Yes. His favourite!' The girl said proudly.

Hyuk couldn't believe this conversation. He watched his husband intensly.

Hae hugged the girl. 'Thank you for making him happy. Call me Hae, I'm married to him.'

The girl froze. 'What?'

Hae let go and frowned. 'You didn't tell her you got married?' Hae bit his lip nervously.

'He did, but you don't seem like a childish, selfish brat that he made you out to be.' She said accusingly.

Hurt was visible in Hae's eyes. He avoided Hyuk's eyes. 'Please excuse me, I'm going home, I don't feel so good.'

'Donghae...'

'It's okay, Hyuk. I understand.' Hae whispered. He leaned in and kissed his husband on the cheek. 'No one will think badly of it.' He forced a smile on his lips but all Hyuk could see were the unshed tears.