Being Accepted

Miss Perfect

SJ just started living with Baekhyun since her house burned down. She doesn't like living there at all and wished she could live with D.O. Even though Baekhyun’s mom cared for her like she's her daughter, she didn’t like it there because it wasn’t the same.
"Do you want more food?" Baekhyun's mom asked as they were eating breakfast.
SJ sighed and looked down at her food.
"No thanks."
"But you barely ate anything."
"It's probably because I don't like your cooking either." SJ muttered.
Baekhyun glared at her telling her to eat it. SJ looked back and started eating. She started to look like she was going to throw up, but she forced a smile.
"It's good."
"Thank you, I'm glad you like my cooking."
SJ rolled her eyes.
"Did you go shopping yet for clothes? I can take you shopping if you want."
"I'm fine. I already went shopping with Kyungsoo."
Baekhyun was clenching his fist and thought "Why did she go with him? She hates him."
SJ didn't really eat but she excused herself and went to her room and changed. She grabbed her motorcycle helmet and then went back downstairs.
"Where are you going?" Baekhyun's mom asked, as she was at the front door.
"I'm going over to my friend’s house. Is that fine with you?"
"It is. Have fun."
"Thank you." SJ said.
"I'll drive you!" Baekhyun yelled.
"Nope bye!" SJ said and went out quickly.
Baekhyun had a pouty face.

~~~~~~~~~~

SJ was driving to D.O's house hoping he had breakfast made. She got out of her motorcycle and knocked on the door. D.O answered it and he had a big smile on his face just from seeing SJ.
"Hey." D.O said with the smile still on his face.
"Hey, I was wondering if I could come over for breakfast?" SJ smiled.
D.O chuckled.
"Yea sure. Come in." D.O gestured her.
She came in and said hi to his parents.
"Oh SJ! Your here for breakfast aren't you?" D.O's mom asked.
"Of course. I love eating breakfast with you guys."
"Awh. Come on sit down." His mom pointed to the chair across her.
That means she had to sit next to D.O.
They both sat down next to each other and it looked like it was awkward for them. It looks like D.O made breakfast again. He put a plate of food in front of her.
"Thanks." She said and started eating.
"So how's it like for you to live with Baekhyun and his mom?" D.O's mom asked.
"Well it's not the same as here but I guess its fine."
"You know if you have any problems with them, you can come back here any time you want."
"Thanks but I don't think we are going to have problems."
"But I love having you here! You should just stay here again!"
"Calm down, honey." D.O's dad put his hand on her shoulder.
SJ and D.O started laughing.
"Don't worry. I promise ill come here for breakfast every weekend."
"You better! Because I love having you here."
SJ smiled. She really felt welcomed here. She wished she could stay, but she doesn't want to, because she's not even D.O's friend and they don't know what she really does.
"Are you and Kyungsoo going to do something again today?"
"Nope I don't think so. I'm just going to stay home today with Baekhyun."
"Why don't you and Kyungsoo go to an amusement park or something? You guys should really spend time with each other."
She ignored that because they’re not even friends. SJ was finally done with her food.
"Um I think I'm going to go now. I promised Baekhyun I would... Help him clean the house. Yeah." SJ lied and got up.
"Aww ok! Come back tomorrow morning!"
"I'll try, if I don’t wake up late. Bye!" SJ said and walked out.
"Mom, you really want a daughter." D.O said.
"No. I only want SJ. She's the perfect daughter."
"I know she's perfect." D.O said to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~

SJ went back to Baekhyun's house and knocked on the front door. Baekhyun answered it.
"Hey SJ. Sehun and Lay are right here now. Do you want to watch the movie with us?" Baekhyun asked her.
"Yea whatever." SJ said and came in.
She saw Lay and Sehun sitting on the couch watching a movie about killing and shooting. It was just a regular boy movie that she would expect them to watch. She sat between Lay and Sehun, which Baekhyun didn't want her too.
"Hey, SJ, you should sit right here. You looked a little cramped."
"I'm fine."
Baekhyun was getting irritated. He never did this to any girl, but why did he do it to her?
"But-"
"Baekhyun. She's ok. Just leave her alone." Sehun was getting irritated too and he just wanted to watch the movie in peace.
Baekhyun just crossed his arms and sat there alone with no one by his side.
“SJ, If you ever get scared of the movie I’m right here.” Baekhyun said.
“Hah. Like you can even comfort her Hyung….” Sehun muttered.
“I’ll be fine. I like these kinds of movies.”
Baekhyun scoffed. Then he thought, “why am I acting this way to her?”. “I can’t like her… Can I?”. He had all this thoughts in his mind and was very confused to his attitude. What happen to the rude and mean Baekhyun he always would act in front of her; his whole act was changing right in front of her and SJ didn’t even notice why he did act that way.  
While they were watching the movie, there were some parts that SJ would react too and Baekhyun would jump to see if SJ was ok and Lay and Sehun would be confused to why he was jumping up like that when SJ was only getting scared from the parts that surprised her. During the movie, SJ went to the kitchen to get a drink. When she took the juice out of the fridge, she noticed she also needed a cup. She couldn’t reach it because she was too short so she climbed on the counter and tried to grab the cup but it was still too high. Then Lay came into the kitchen and grabbed the cup for her and set it down on the counter. SJ looked down and saw Lay’s face.
“Umm thanks.” SJ said and closed the cupboard and was about to get down, but Lay grabbed her by the waist and carried her down the counter.
“No problem.” Lay said and grabbed the bag of chips that was in the cabinet.
SJ poured her drink into the cup and sat back down on the couch. When she sat down, she bounced, making her drink fall out of the cup a little bit.
“Here. I think you need this.” Sehun said and gave her a napkin while keeping his eyes on the T.V screen.
SJ grabbed the napkin and wiped the bottom of the cup to make it stop from dripping. So after their little hang out in the living room watching T.V, Baekhyun made Lay and Sehun leave. Probably because Baekhyun got a little jealous when SJ hid behind Lay and then held onto Sehun when the scary part came.
It was still a little early during the day and Baekhyun and SJ didn’t have anything to do.
“Baekhyun, why did you kick them out? Now we have nothing to do for the rest of the day.”
“Because they were annoying.”
“They were barely saying anything. You were the annoying person the whole time.”
Baekhyun was speechless.
“Whatever, I’ll go to a So Yung’s house or something.”
“I have a question.”
“What?” SJ sounded irritated.
“Why do you hang out with them?”
“Because I can ok?”
“But they are not right for you. They are just a bad influence on you.”
“I just have reasons ok…”
“Can you tell me?”
“Why are you such a curious person?”
“Because I want to learn more about you.”
“Do you really want to know that badly?”
“Yes! Please tell me!”
“Fine I’ll tell you. But can we sit down on the couch? I’m tired of standing up, and arguing with you.”
They both sat on the couch next to each other, and when they were too close to each other, SJ moved a bit away from him.
“Wow, I can’t believe you are the first person I’m telling this to. But don’t feel special. It’s just because you are so curious that you can’t keep your mouth shut.”
“Ok! Can you just tell me now?”
Dang, Baekhyun really wants to know why.
“Ok! Calm down. So I hang out with them because they are the only people I have. That’s the reason I act like this because of them. I know, it’s not me. But I just don’t have any other friends than them. They are the only people I have, and if I lose them then I don’t have anyone. So that’s kind of why I agree to everything they say and do so I won’t lose them.” SJ was about to cry.
Then Baekhyun hugged her and she hid her face on his shirt.
“It’s ok. You know you always have me… And Exo k.”
“But all of you guys don’t even like me. I’m just some piece of crap.”
“Don’t worry; I can be your friend. I’ll always be by your side.”
“I guess I can accept you too.”
“Who else did you accept?”
“I accepted Kyungsoo.”
Of course Kyungsoo, Baekhyun thought.
“I got to go. I’ll come back later, or maybe tomorrow.”
“Where are you going?”
“I’m going to a friend’s house. I’ll see you later.”
The first thing that popped into Baekhyun’s mind when he heard friend was “D.O”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

SJ drove her motorcycle to D.O’s house. It was already sunset by the time she came there. She went up to his door and knocked on it. D.O opened it and was surprised to SJ coming by so late. Well not really late, just late for him.
“Hey, SJ, what are you doing here?”
SJ didn’t say anything and just gave him a hug. D.O didn’t say anything but he was just so shocked that SJ would give him a hug like that out of nowhere. Finally she broke the hug.
“What was that for?” D.O asked.
“I noticed that you were my friend the whole time; the one that’s been there for me, and would help me. I just noticed a bunch of stuff today but my main point is I’m accepting you to be my friend.”
“Really?”
“Yes. I’m accepting you. Happy?”
D.O was too happy that SJ finally accepted him and he just gave her a big hug out of nowhere. SJ was hugging him back until they broke apart and found it awkward.
“So I guess you just came here to tell me that I can finally be your friend?”
“Nope. I don’t like Baekhyun’s house at all so I wanted to stay here tonight. Is that ok?”
“Yes its ok. Come in.”
When she came in, she noticed that D.O’s parents were probably at work.
“So do you want me to cook you something for dinner?”
“Yes please. I love your cooking.”
D.O smiled and went to the kitchen and made her spaghetti. When it was finally finished, he went upstairs and gave SJ a bowl of spaghetti because she was studying again.
“Here you go.” D.O said and put the bowl in front of her.
“Thanks.” SJ said and grabbed the fork and started eating.
“Can you tutor me?” D.O asked out of nowhere.
“But you are already smart. Why would you need a tutor?”
“Well I want to become like you. Get straight A’s. Please help out your friend?”
“Fine. But I’m warning you, I’m a very boring tutor.”
“As long as I’m with you, I won’t be bored.”
SJ smiled.
“You have very cheesy pick-up lines, you know.”
“Yeah I know.”
“Did you eat? You should eat first because I don’t want you to get hungry during the lessons.”
“Yea I already ate, now let’s learn!”
So SJ and D.O kept learning together and she was still teaching him for a very long time. Baekhyun called SJ a few times but she looked at it and didn’t bother to pick it up. It was almost midnight, and SJ was still reading to D.O.
“So then you-“ SJ’s sentence got cut off by D.O snoring.
SJ stopped reading and looked at D.O who had his head down and was sleeping away. SJ stared at his face for a long time because of how cute he looked while sleeping. His hair was in his eyes, making SJ brush it away but still bouncing back on his eyes.
“Kyungsoo?” SJ tapped.
D.O opened his eyes and put his head up. He looked at SJ who still had the books out.
“I’m sorry, was I sleeping through the whole lesson?”
“Yes you were. It’s fine. I think were done for the day.”
“Oh ok. You should go sleep now. You can sleep on my bed.”
SJ went to his bed and lied down. D.O was going to go downstairs to sleep on the couch.
“Kyungsoo?”
“Yea?”
“Can you sleep next to me tonight? I don’t want you to sleep on that uncomfortable couch…”
D.O just smiled.
“Are you sure?”
“Yea. I don’t want your back to hurt sleeping on that hard couch.”
“Um ok. If that’s what you want then I will.”
D.O went up to his bed and lay down next to her. When he laid down next to her, she positioned and rested her head onto his broad chest - quickly drifting off to sleep. Then D.O looked down at her and found her quickly asleep on his chest.
“Thank you for accepting me SJ.” D.O said to himself and quietly went to sleep.

….