It Was A Date?

Miss Perfect

SJ woke up and found herself in D.O’s bed.
“Umm how did I get in here?” SJ said to herself and stood up and got out of the bed.
She stretched a little bit and rubbed her eyes a little bit and went out of D.O’s room and went downstairs. When she went into the kitchen she saw D.O’s parents sitting on the dinner table, eating the breakfast that he made.
“Kyungsoo, when did we have a daughter?” His dad said.
“What?!? I mean, I’m not-“ SJ sounded scared.
“I’m just joking with you. You must be Su Jin! D.O already told us about you when we came home.”
“I prefer to be called SJ. And sorry for just barging in-“
“No worries! Kyungsoo told us all about what happened and why you are here. Why don’t you come in and eat with us.”
SJ sat next to D.O’s mom. D.O gave SJ a plate of food.
“I don’t want to eat.” She mouthed at D.O
“Just eat it.” D.O mouthed back.
SJ tried it, and she was surprised how good it was so she kept eating.
“So SJ. Are you and Kyungsoo dating?” D.O’s mom asked.
“No mom! We aren’t!” D.O turned around from cooking and SJ almost choked on her food.
“Well I was just asking, because you never really brought a girl home, except for that-“
D.O cleared his throat making his mom stop talking. SJ started to laugh.
“SJ, so where are you living since your house burned down?” D.O’s dad asked.
“I’m going to live with Baekhyun, since my mom is good friends with his.”
“Why don’t you live here?! I always wanted to experience having a daughter.” D.O’s mom came into the conversation.
“Oh sorry. I’m not the daughter you would expect to have.”
“Oh what are you like?”
“Umm, I’m not the girly type of course.”
“Oh, its ok! I still want to experience having one though.”
SJ just smiled.
“So are you guys doing anything?”
“Um-“
“Yes mom. We are going shopping today. I’m buying her new clothes.” D.O said cutting off SJ’s sentence.
“Oh ok! Do you need money Kyungsoo?”
“Um, I think I’m ok.” D.O said and was done cooking and put the food on the table and sat down next to his dad.
“Here’s 100 dollars (think of it as won xD) anyways.” D.O’s mom said and took it out of her wallet from her purse.  
“Thanks mom, but I don’t think I would need that.”
“Oh it’s not for you. Here, SJ, take it for yourself and buy whatever you want.”
“Oh um, it’s ok. You don’t need to give me money. And D.O you don’t need to buy me anything.”
“No go ahead. Take it. I really want you to have It.”
“It’s fine, I think I would be ok without it.”
“Kyungsoo, will you put this in her wallet, when shes not looking please?” D.O’s mom said and then she gave him the 100 dollar bill.
“If I find that 100 dollar bill in my wallet, you are so going to be dead, Kyungsoo.”
“I know! I won’t!” D.O said and winked at his mom.
She gave him back a thumbs up.
“Anyways, are you both going to get ready soon?”
“Can I just get another pancake before I get ready?”
“Yea go ahead. Everyone likes the way D.O cooks.”
SJ grabbed another pancake and started eating it quickly. She never ate food like this before. Something about D.O’s cooking made her want to eat more and more because of how good it was.
”Do you have clothes to wear? I can show you some of the clothes that don’t fit me anymore! Come on let’s go!” D.O’s mom said and took her off her chair the second she was done eating her pancake.
“Kyungsoo, you should get ready for your date.” D.O’s dad said.
“Dad, it’s not a date.” D.O said and went upstairs.
“Hah! You wish it was!” His dad yelled.
“Yeah, I wish…” D.O said to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

D.O was done getting ready, while SJ was still with his mom showing her a bunch of clothes. D.O went over to his parents’ bedroom and knocked on the door.
“Hey mom and SJ! Are you guys done yet?” He yelled through the door.
“Yea were almost done! Don’t worry she’s coming out now.” D.O’s mom yelled back.
D.O back up from the door so he could give a little space for both of them to come out. When SJ came out, she didn’t look like her regular self. She was wearing something, a little more girly from what she wears. She wore a floral dress with a white cardigan, and for the shoes she wore white wedges, since his mom didn’t want her wearing those black combat boots.
“Um.” D.O was kind of speechless.
“I know. I look too girly. But I guess its ok since your mom is helping me out. Don’t tell anyone about this or I will kill you!” SJ whispered so his mom wouldn’t hear.
D.O nodded his head.
“Oh here is the purse!” D.O’s mom yelled from behind making SJ jump.
“Oh thank you! It’s really nice.” SJ was being sarcastic because she hated purses.
She really didn’t like this style at all. She hated it so much but she respected it anyways, since his mom was helping out.
“We should get going.” D.O said and grabbed your arm.
“Wait, I need to get something.” SJ was running in her wedges.
She went into D.O’s room and put on her glasses and then went back out.
“Ok, we’re fine now, let’s going.” SJ said and walked out.
“Bye guys! Have a good time!” D.O’s parents said as they were getting into the car and waved from the garage door.
D.O drove off, and they were on their way to the Myeong-Dong. It was really silent in the car, so D.O wanted to break the silence.
“I think that you look really cute when you are wearing glasses.”
“Are you saying I look ugly without them?”
“No! I mean that, you shouldn’t wear contacts all the time because you look fine with your glasses.”
“I told you not to call me cute because I’m not.”
“Yea you are and believe it.”
SJ secretly blushed when D.O wasn’t looking.
“I missed the Myeong-Dong. Now I have to make a U-turn.”
SJ got really scared when she heard that because the last time someone made a U-Turn when she was in the car was Baekhyun, and she ended up throwing up.
“Just don’t make a sharp turn, please.”
“Who do you think I am? Baekhyun.” D.O chuckled and turned softly.
“Well I just thought you would drive like him. He made me throw up the last time he drove me to the Myeong-Dong.”
“Hah. Don’t worry. When I’m with you, I will never do anything to hurt you.”
SJ just kept a straight face, but then when D.O wasn’t paying attention she had a smile on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SJ and D.O finally made it to the Myeong-Dong.
“So where do you want to go?”
SJ pulled D.O into this store where they had a bunch of stuff that was a store that didn’t have girl clothing. It had more stuff that were meant for tomboys. SJ went in there and tried on beanies.
“Hey Kyungsoo! Does this look good?”
“Yea you look very cute.”
“Stop saying that.”
“Fine you are very adorable.”
“Hah. That’s nice.” SJ said and walked away to look for more stuff.
“So is this the only store you shop at?”
“Yea, I might take a while, so you can roam off if you want.”
“Don’t worry, I can wait for you.”
“No, just go.” SJ said and gestured him to go out.
Before D.O left he put the 100 dollar bill in her purse. He was surprised that she didn’t notice that he put it in there since he slid it in the little pocket. D.O was going around the mall and found a jewelry store. He saw the sign saying that he can engrave his own necklace for a cheap price. He went in there and he mostly saw girls checking out rings and necklaces.
“May I help you sir?” A lady that worked in the store asked D.O
“Um I saw your sign saying that we can-“
“Engrave your own necklaces? Would you like to engrave one?”
“Sure.”
The lady led him to the counter. She took out a paper and a pencil.
“Just sketch out your design on here and then we will make it in about 2 hours.”
D.O didn’t know what SJ liked. Obviously, she didn’t like anything girly, so he just drew an S and a J in block form. He gave it back to the lady and waited there for the entire time just for the necklace. When it was finally finished the lady gave him the box with the necklace in it and D.O opened it. The necklace had a purple inside the letters and then it was outlined with gold.
“Thank you so much.” D.O said and gave her the money.
SJ was calling D.O to find out where he was.
“Hello? Kyungsoo? Where are you?”
“I’m going back to the store that you were at.”
“I’m not there. I’m at the food court. Just meet me there.”
“Ok. I’m on my way.” D.O said and hung up.
SJ was waiting for D.O. While she was waiting she saw her friends walking by. She turned around quickly but noticed that they would notice her because of her hair. Min saw SJ.
“Hey guys we should go check out that new store with the cool shirts.”
“Finally. Something good came out of your mouth. Let’s go.” So Yung said and led them away.
Min looked at SJ and gave her a thumbs up. SJ mouthed “Thank you” to her and her friends were gone. Finally, D.O came and tapped SJ on the shoulder.
“Oh you scared me.”
“Oh I’m sorry. Here let my get your bags.” D.O said and grabbed all of her bags.
“Um theres too much. Let me help you.” SJ said and tried to grab some.
“I got it.” D.O said and smiled.
“Are you sure?”
“Yea, it’s not that heavy.”
“Alright.”
And they both walked to the car where D.O set all of her bags in the trunk and they were off.

~~~~~~~~~~~

SJ and D.O stopped at this ramen shop for dinner.
“I actually had fun today. Thanks Kyungsoo.” SJ said and punched him.
“Oww. What was that for?” D.O said rubbing his arm.
“When I was getting my wallet, I found the 100 dollar bill in my purse. You pabo! I told you not too.”
“Well you should have took it.”
“Well it will keep me living it Baekhyun’s house.”
“Oh yea. You are living with Baekhyun now.” D.O said sadly.
“Yea. I know. It will be a nightmare living with him. I should call him right now.” SJ said and walked out to call Baekhyun. She dialed his number and he answered.
“Hello?”
“Hey Baekhyun. Tell your mom I’m choosing to live there. “
“Oh what happened? Chanyeol rejected you?”
“Yeah he did.”
“Then where did you spend the night?”
“I tried living with Min but she said I couldn’t live with her, so I ended up spending the night at Kyungsoo’s place.”
“I told you to come over here if you needed somewhere to stay.”
“Well it was late and I didn’t want to bother you ok?”
“You could never bother me. Just come here soon ok?”
“Yeah I know. Ok. Bye see you soon.”
“Bye.”
SJ hung up.
“I really don’t want to live with Baekhyun… I think Kyungsoo’s place is so much better.” SJ said to herself.
SJ went back into the shop and went up to D.O who was waiting patiently for her.
“So are you done? I paid for everything already.”
“Yeah, you can drop me off at Baekhyun’s place now.”
“Ok, let’s go.” D.O said and dragged SJ out of the shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~

D.O and SJ finally made it to Baekhyun’s house, and D.O was being a gentleman and carried all her bags to front house.
“Thanks again Kyungsoo. That was a very nice day.”
“You know it was actually a date?”
“Oh… Um. I guess that was a pretty nice date. I should get inside.” SJ said andwas about to knock on the door.
“Um wait.”
SJ looked at D.O before opening the door.
“I want to give you this.”
He opened the box and showed her the necklace. She saw the purple fillings inside the S and J and saw the gold outline.
“It’s pretty. It’s not too girly. It’s perfect. You know me better than anyone else.”
“Let me put it on you.”
D.O went behind her and she put her hair up so it wouldn’t get in the way. When D.O was finally done she put her hair down and looked at it.
“Thanks. It looks nice.”
“You’re welcome. I waitied 2 hours for that but don’t worry. It wasn’t a big deal.”
“You waited an hour? Why would you do that just for a necklace?”
“Because it was for you.”
SJ was speechless and that’s when Baekhyun opened the door and found both of them.
“What are you guys doing out here?” Baekhyun asked.
“Um Kyungsoo was just helping me with my bags. Tell your mom I said thanks for the money and clothes and everything. Bye Kyungsoo.” SJ said and tried to grab all of her bags but Baekhyun helped her.
“Yeah you should get going Kyungsoo, it’s getting late.”
“Ok I will. And take care of her. Don’t let-“
“Yeah, yeah, I’m not careless. Bye Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun said and closed the door.
“If he ever hurts her, then I will kill him.” Kyungsoo said to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You can take the bedroom next to mine.” Baekhyun said to SJ.
“Yea sure. Where’s your mom?”
“She went out with a few friends. Don’t worry.”
“Oh. I better go study now.”
“Wait SJ. “
SJ turned to look at him.
“Do you want to watch a movie with me.”
“No. I need to study.”
“Oh sorry.”
“It’s fine. I don’t want to watch with you because you aren’t Kyungsoo.” She muttered the last part of her sentence.
She went upstairs and changed into the new pajamas she bought at the mall and she got a text message at D.O.
D.O [10:30 P.M 6/27]: So am I your friend now? =D
SJ smiled at that text.
SJ [10:33 P.M 6/27]: Maybe, Still thinking. =P
D.O [10:34 P.M 6/27]: I’m guessing you are studying right now, so I won’t bother you. Goodnight in advanced and sleep well!
SJ [10:35 P.M 6/27]: Goodnight.
SJ took some paper out and a pencil and borrowed Baekhyun’s books to study. SJ fell asleep at midnight after 2 hours of studying and Baekhyun went upstairs to check on her.
“SJ?” He said quietly walking in.
Baekhyun saw her in a deep sleep. He cleaned up all of her papers and closed all the books on her bed.
“Goodnight, SJ. Sweet dreams.” Baekhyun said and kissed her forehead.