Chapter 31: School Festival

It's You

 

Oh my! What's this? Another update, yo! Haha, this one is much more longer.

 


 

“Hey, I like you,” Wait, no. That’s not right.

“Yo! Taengoo. I like you,” Nope, not that either.

“You. Me. Date. NOW,” Okay. Definitely not that one for sure.

It was the day of the school festival and Jessica has been rehearsing in front of the mirror of lines that she will say to Taeyeon. Apparently, it was definitely not going too well since she herself has never confess to anyone before. She grumbled seeing how difficult it actually was.

“Jessica, would you stop moving? I’m trying to fix your hair here,” Yoona muttered, as her hands busied itself making perfect slight curls of the blonde tresses of Jessica.

“Sorry.” Jessica muttered.

Yoona has volunteered to help Jessica dress up in the morning and even woke up early just to make sure that the blonde girl will be prepared before school started. Jessica was glad that Yoona was a model because the girl knew how to dress and do nice hairstyles, not that Jessica doesn’t know how to, but Yoona does it better. The girl has more experience since her hair stylist and make-up artist demonstrated for her.

“And by the way, your confessions are ridiculous. Please, just be normal,” Yoona chuckled as she lifts the girl’s hair and places it all at one side of her shoulders.

“Well, sorry Ms. Im Yoona. Unlike you, I have never confessed before,” Jessica sarcastically said.

“Yeah, but you have seen people’s confessions before. Especially mine and the rest that has confessed to you,” Yoona smiled. “I’m pretty sure it was a simple ‘I like you’ and a brief explanation of how you feel about them,” Yoona finishes with the final touch and places the curler on the side. “Done! Beautiful huh, Sica?” She said, looking proudly at her work through the mirror.

“Yeah, it’s beautiful,” Jessica smiled in content. “Thanks, Yoona ah.”

“I was talking about you,” Yoona grinned, to which Jessica nodded in acknowledgement. “I know,”

“Hm, cocky much?” Yoona said, walking towards the bed where Jessica’s changes of clothes were laid. “Well, Ms. Cocky Pants, with that much confidence in you, I assume that confessing to that little midget wouldn’t be too difficult,” She laughed, handing Jessica her attire for today.

“I’ll take my leave so that you can go ahead and change. School’s about to start soon and I think Krystal has already gone to school with your soon-to-be lover,” Yoona winked before leaving right out the door.

“Soon-to-be lover huh?” Jessica muttered to herself as she puts on her white sundress. “I better hope so.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Aren’t you excited Taeyeon unnie?” Krystal said, excitement evident in her voice as she saw the festival being set up around the football field.

“Uh, yeah…” Taeyeon answered, not very enthusiastically. Krystal notices the depressed tone of the girl and glances a little at her. Taeyeon looked not too happy, in fact, she looked as if the life has been out of her.

A small smile crept up Krystal’s face as she knew that the sad look will soon be replaced by a much happier one as soon as her sister does her thing. Yoona has told her about the talk with Jessica and rest assured her that the older Jung will finally make a move and confess.

“Oh!” Krystal suddenly said, startling the girl beside her. “I forgot to mention this, but I invited your granny to come over today,”

“Granny Boa?” A smile slowly crept its way up the shorter girl’s face as Krystal nodded in confirmation. “Yup,”

“I miss her,” Taeyeon said, her smile getting wider. “I’m sure you do,” Krystal linked her arms around the shorter girl and dragged her towards the inside of the school where they’ll need to attend homeroom. But, too bad you won’t be spending too much time with her. Krystal thought as an image of Jessica popped into her head.

 

 

***

 

 

The bell had rang indicated that homeroom has started. Tiffany watched the teacher walk into the class and pull out his attendance sheet, immediately calling names of who was here and who wasn’t.

“Hyorin Kim,”

“Here!”

“Nana Im,”

“Present!”

And so the list went on and on until the red head’s name was finally being called out.

“Tiffany Hwang,”

“Here!” Tiffany said, her hand raised to show that she was indeed here and sitting at the back row.

The teacher nodded and marked her here. “Jessica Jung,” He called out, but didn’t get a response. “Ms. Jung? Not here?” He asked again just to make sure before he marked her absent.

“I’m here! Jessica Jung is present sir,” and just like that, the blonde girl stepped into the classroom and everyone was left in awe of how really beautiful Jessica looked today. Tiffany already knew that her best friend looked beautiful every day seeing how much of a pretty girl Jessica was, but today, felt a bit different.

The teacher nodded and marked the girl present. “You may go take your seat, Ms. Jung,” He said, gesturing for the girl to go take her seat.

“Wow, someone is looking exceptionally gorgeous today,” Tiffany teased as Jessica took a seat right next to her. “I wonder what’s the occasion?”

“Nothing,” Jessica replied. “Why? Don’t I look gorgeous everyday?”

Tiffany giggled at her friend’s remark. “Yeah, but not everyday you decide to wear a dress. Especially one as beautiful as this one,” She said, pointing at the white sundress Jessica sported.

“And your hair too,” Tiffany also took noticed of the well-curled blonde tresses. “Did you do them early in the morning?”

“Yoona did,” Jessica said as she rested her head against the smooth surface of her desk. “She insisted on it,”

“Well, she did a really good job,” Tiffany eye-smiled at her now sleeping best friend.

Tiffany glanced through the open window and saw the many stalls being set up and sighed thinking about the festival and what she was planning to do.  

 

 

***

 

 

Fireworks were blazing through the air, balloons were moving high up in the sky. The festival has finally started and it was already filled with much laughter and joy.

Taeyeon squeezed her tiny self through the crowds as Krystal pulled the girl by the arm. “Hurry Tae unnie! Yoona is waiting by the maid café,” Krystal shouted.

After minutes going through that hell, Taeyeon finally got herself in front of the said café and found Yoona grinning at her with the accompany of a certain short woman.

“Granny!” Taeyeon excitedly ran towards the woman, embracing her with a big warm hug.

“Yah! Don’t call me that here!” Boa said, embarrassed as she saw many onlookers. “I’m not even that old for gods sake,” Boa faked annoyance, but soon giggled afterwards when she saw how happy Taeyeon was for her appearance. “I miss you too, kiddo,”

Pulling away from the embrace, Boa looked at Taeyeon and smiled seeing how Taeyeon still looked the same. “How’s Jessica?” She asked, which than startled the shorter girl.

“Jess—“ Taeyeon began to speak, but was soon interrupted by a shout from the older woman. “Oh, speak of the devil, she’s coming over! Jessica, over here!” Boa shouted, waving her hands at the blonde girl walking not far away from them.

 “Ah, Boa unnie! Annyeong,” Jessica smiled and waved at the older woman.

“Wow! I haven’t seen you in for awhile and you’ve gotten more beautiful,” Boa said in awe as she eyed Jessica from top to bottom. “Right, Taeyeon?” She nudged the shorter girl beside her.

Taeyeon didn’t utter a single word, but just stared at the blonde. It’s not like she didn’t want to say anything, she just couldn’t. Jessica took her breath away.

Yoona and Krystal eyed each other and giggled lightly to themselves as they watched the love struck Taeyeon.

“Oh? And who’s this?” Boa asked quite curiously as a certain red head appeared right behind Jessica.

“Oh, this is Tiffany. Tiffany this is Taeyeon’s uh… grandmother?” Jessica hesitantly said.

Upon hearing that this young woman was Taeyeon’s grandmother, Tiffany raised an eyebrow, not sure if it was a joke or not. “Grand… mother?”

“Ah, hello there Tiffany,” Boa extended her hand and Tiffany reached out to shake it. “You must be Jessica’s friend and I’m assuming Taeyeon’s too,” She chuckled. “And no I am not really Taeyeon’s grandmother nor am I that old,” Boa said, eyeing Jessica.

“Uh, sorry to interrupt, but let’s go have fun before it gets dark!” Yoona chirped, linking arm and arm with Boa. Yoona winked at the older woman, to which Boa understood what it meant. “Right! Let’s go around and play as much as we can,” She said joyfully as Yoona was pulling her. “I’ll be hanging out with Yoona now! You guys go have fun!” Boa shouted before disappearing into the crowd.

“W-wait,” Taeyeon said, realizing something. “I thought granny Boa came here to spend some quality time with me?” She looked at Krystal.

“Oh, never mind that,” Krystal chirped and pulls the shorter girl with her. “Let’s go over there! I heard they did a really good job in making a haunted house,” Krystal said quite excitedly, pointing at the dark spooky looking door ahead of them. She looked behind and saw Tiffany and Jessica looking quite horrified as the screams from inside the building got louder and louder.

“Coming you guys?” She asked, smirking as the girls reluctantly nodded.

 

 

***

 

 

“Ah! Oh my god! What the hell was that?!” Tiifany shrieked, feeling something sticky on her arm.

“Unnie, that’s just a fake spider web,” Krystal said, taking the web off of the girl’s shoulder. “You’re just overrea—“

“Ah!! The was that !” Jessica dolphin screamed. She jumped and pointed at the black thing crawling on the floor, clinging on Taeyeon for dear life.

Krystal rolled her eyes at her sister. “It’s just a roach, unnie. Taeyeon, do something,”

Taeyeon cleared as she blushed at the sudden closeness. “Um. Krystal’s right, Jessica. It’s just a roach. They’re quite harmless,” She said, trying to comfort the girl.

“Harmless?!” It was Tiffany this time. “They’re capable of eating you!” Tiffany said, holding onto Krystal.

“You guys—“ Krystal wanted to scold the two older girls for being too childish, but stopped as soon as the lights went out. Oh no. Krystal thought, knowing what was about to happen. She places her hands over both her ears, preparing for the loud…

“AHHH!”

“OH MY GOD! I CAN’T SEE !”

The two screamed and jumped, immediately pulling the closes thing next them and began running to god knows where.

 

 

***

 

 

Huffing and breathing hard, Jessica made a stop and found herself inside an empty classroom. She sighed in relief knowing that she had escaped from the dark hallways.

“Um. Jessica, you’re gripping me too hard,” A voice startled her from behind, causing Jessica to whip her head back and let go of the hand. “S-sorry, Taeyeon ah. Does it hurt?” She asked, feeling very apologetic about hurting the girl.

“N-no, it’s fine,” Taeyeon said, giving the girl some reassurance that she was indeed fine.

“Um. I think there wouldn’t be anyone to scare us, so I think it’s quite safe here,” Taeyeon said, breaking the awkward silence.

Jessica heaved another sigh. “Well, that’s a relief. I hate things like these,” Jessica said, taking a seat at a nearby desk.

“I can tell,” Taeyeon giggled. “So why did you tell Krystal that you were coming if you didn’t like things like this?” Taeyeon questioned a little curiously.

“Oh… well…because…” Jessica stuttered, feeling her face heat up. “I-I wanted to spend time with you,” She said in a hush tone.

“What?” Unfortunately for her, Taeyeon did not hear it since it was too low.

Jessica gulped. “I said…”

“Wait!” Taeyeon hushed the girl as she heard footsteps coming closer. She believes it’s someone trying to scare them and she knows how much Jessica does not like that.

“W-what?” Jessica suddenly had a bad feeling.

“I think someone knows we’re in here and is trying to scare us. Just close your eyes and follow me, okay?” Taeyeon whispered. Jessica hesitated at first, but reluctantly complied with the shorter girl’s instructions.

“Ready?” Taeyeon eyed the front of the classroom door and sees a shadow of a figure on the other side. Jessica nodded with her eyes closed, which then made Taeyeon grasped onto the younger girl’s hand and pull her towards the door. “Keep your eyes closed, okay?”

“Okay,” And just like that, the door slowly opens and the masked person who was suppose to scare the people inside the classroom, ended up being frightened instead seeing Taeyeon jumped right passed him with Jessica trailing behind.

 

 

***

 

 

“I can’t believe I actually went inside that horror house!” Tiffany grumbled, exiting through the door where her nightmares will soon be over.

“I can’t believe you can scream that many times,” Krystal said, coming from behind. “It’s like it gets louder and longer every time,”

Ignoring the comment, Tiffany looked left and right as soon as she came right back outside to where the entrance was located. “Where is Taeyeon and Jessica?”

Krystal shrugged at the question. “Who knows? Maybe they’re still in there?” She walked right pass Tiffany and felt her stomach rumble. “Can we go get something to eat, unnie? I’m feeling really hungry,”

Tiffany squinted at the younger girl before releasing an audible sigh. “Fine, let’s go get something to eat,” Tiffany wanted to ask Krystal something because she had her suspicions, but waved it off since she too felt kind of hungry.

“Great! Let’s go grab some hotdogs over there,” Krystal chirped before skipping off with Tiffany following from behind.

 

 

***

 

 

“C-can I open my eyes now?” Jessica still had her eyes closed and it’s been minutes already and she doesn’t know when she was allowed to open them.

“Not yet, Sica. Just keep them closed for a bit more,” Taeyeon softly spoke, guiding Jessica through the dark and avoiding the scary people around them.

A smile crept its way up Jessica’s face as she heard the familiar nickname. It's as if the horrible screams and shouts were not heard since the only thing that rang through her ears was the sweet nickname that she found Taeyeon calling her by. “Okay,” Jessica said. Unbeknownst to her, Taeyeon was smiling too.

 

 

***

 

 

Just like what Taeyeon had said, it only took a bit more minutes until Jessica was allowed to open her eyes and when she did, she was surprised to find herself outside and not inside the haunted hallways anymore.

“We’re… out?” She said quite surprised. Taeyeon nodded. “Yup! We made it, Sica!”

It was that nickname again. Jessica smiled and tightens the hold of the other girl’s hand. Taeyeon must have been oblivious of the fact that they were still holding hands and Jessica was glad that she was.

“Taeyeon,” Jessica began to speak, which caught the latter’s attention. “I want to go somewhere. Can we go there?”

“Sure,” Taeyeon hesitantly nodded. “Where to?”

“Don’t worry, this time I want you to close your eyes while I’ll take us there.”

 

 


 

 

[TS] Soyou & Junggigo - Some