Chapter 11: Was It Love At First Sight?

It's You

 

So, this chapter is mainly about Jessica. lol

I have decided to give you some inside story.

 

 


 

 

 

Jessica lazily plopped her tired body onto her bed. It was barely the first day of the week and she’s already this tired. Exhausted actually.

 

She shut her eyes as she laid down facing the ceiling. Images of Wooyoung and Taeyeon flashed through her head. She groaned in annoyance. First, it was her best friend. Now, it was that stupid Wooyoung.

 

Maybe, she shouldn’t have done a makeover for Taeyeon. If she didn’t, no one would have noticed her. Taeyeon would have been all hers. Well, not really…

 

Kim Taeyeon was in love with her best friend, Tiffany. Of course, she didn’t forget that. But, why Tiffany? Was all that ran through Jessica’s head. It wasn’t fair, life isn’t fair.

 

 

 

 

[Flashback]

(Somewhat parallel to Taeyeon's Flashback in Chapter 01)

 

 

Jessica stared at the sign that read, Library. She contemplated whether she should enter or not. She felt uncomfortable at the looks she was receiving from just standing there.

 

People might find it weird for a popular cheerleader like herself to even be thinking about entering a Library, when she could be with her jock friends.

 

Jessica let out an audible sigh. For once, she doesn’t want to hang with them. They were too noisy for her liking. She likes quiet places, places where much people wouldn’t go to and it seems that the library was the best choice for now.

 

Without thinking any further, Jessica pushed open the doors and enters. She felt relieved that no one noticed her entering. It was actually more like, they didn’t care since they were too busy studying or reading for their enjoyment.

 

Jessica immediately spots an empty table and walks to it. She pulled out a chair and took a seat. She smiled as she places her head onto the surface of the piece of furniture. Her eyes slowly closes shut and soon she drifts off to dreamland.

 

 

 

 

Her eyes unwilling open as she hears giggling from the table across from her. Irritated, she lifts up her head to see who it was that was disrupting her sleep and there she saw a petite girl, a book held in between her hands.

 

“My Girlfriend is a Gumiho” Jessica squints her eyes as she read the title of the book that the girl was reading. Was that some kind of fantasy book? A romantic fantasy with a bit of comedy in it? Jessica doesn’t know and she doesn’t really want to. Right?

 

Her eyes avert from the book and landed on the girl reading it. She couldn’t help but notice the girl as she places the book down. She recognizes her. It’s the girl that her group would always talk about. It was the girl that they would call a loser; a nerd. Of course, Jessica never really cared though. She’s not going to judge a girl that she doesn’t even know.  

 

She studies the girl’s face as she looks down onto her book. For some reason, she found it cute how the girl’s eyebrows would scrunch up together as her eyes follow every word. It was amusing how the girl’s expression would change from being sad to happy whenever she turns a page.

 

The bell would ring, signaling that classes were about to start and break was over. But Jessica wouldn’t know that, she was too busy staring at the girl across from her. The girl gathered all of her belongings and placed them inside her bag. She got up from her seat, pushed in her chair and went to the aisle around the corner to put away the book she was reading.

 

Jessica watched the fleeing back of the girl as she walked out of the library door. Suddenly remembering that her class was about to start, she immediately jumps off from her seat and left the library.

 

 

 

 

It’s been already a week and Jessica has been going to the library every time she has break. She would always sit on the table that she’s been sitting on everyday and pretend to be sleeping, when actually she’s been secretly glancing at the girl across from her.

 

A smile came across her face as she realizes that the girl was reading the same book that she always does. She must really like that book. Jessica thought, wondering if she should try it out sometimes. Maybe she might like it too.

 

 

 

 

Day by day, Jessica found herself secretly ditching class just to go to the library. She snuck in and headed to an aisle located around the corner of the room. She smiles as she spots the same book that the girl would always read. She pulls it out and sits at a spot around the area where she was sure that no one would be able to find her.

 

The bell would ring signaling it was break time. Jessica would hurriedly get up from her spot and place the book back into the shelf. She watches students enter the library as she makes her way to her table. She sits down with her head on the table, counting down from twenty. When she reaches zero, she glances at the table across from her and smiles upon seeing the petite girl pull out a chair with the same book in her hand.

 

Jessica could understand why the petite girl would read the same book over and over again. It was romantic, funny, and interesting. Jessica never liked reading. Heck, she never read anything that didn’t have pictures in every page. But this time was an exception.

 

The book was focused on love at first sight. It was cheesy, real cheesy. But nonetheless, Jessica loved it. She didn’t believe in love at first sight. She couldn’t tell if she fell in love with the petite girl at first sight. It could have been the second or third or even tenth glance at the girl. But she could only remember the light dimple that formed whenever the girl smiled was what made Jessica fall.

 

“Taeng”

 

Jessica averted her eyes from the petite girl and stared at an even shorter girl. The girl was short, blonde, and looks like she was of acquaintance to Taeyeon. Or so she thought.

 

“You’re reading that again?”

 

“Yeah, I like it a lot”

 

“Taeyeon ah, stop reading those. That book is too cheesy. I mean come on, there’s no such thing as love at first sight”

 

Jessica unconsciously pouted at the blonde girl’s last words. If there was no such thing, then what am I feeling? Jessica thought as she felt the beating of her heart.

 

 

 

“Jessi!”

 

Jessica lifts her head off from the table and sees her best friend running to her. Jessica lifts a finger to the girl, gesturing her to keep quiet. They were still in the library and the last thing she wants is to be kicked out.

 

“What are you doing here, Tiff?”

 

Jessica asks the red head as she watches the girl take a seat next to her. Tiffany cutely pouted at her blonde friend. “I was wondering where have you been all this time. You don’t hang out with us anymore and it makes me lonely. So I asked Krystal and she says you come here all the time. Wae? Did you somehow develop an interest in reading?” Tiffany joked the last part.

 

“Oh” was all Jessica managed to say. What can she say? That she came to the library one day to get some peace and quiet. Then some girl across from her managed to catch her interest and before she knows it, she already fell for the girl and that girl is the same girl that they would always joke about.

 

Jessica let out a long sigh, and Tiffany noticed it. “Wae? Why aren’t you talking much? Don’t say you actually come here to read” Tiffany says, looking disgustingly at the library. Tiffany doesn’t like reading at all.

 

Jessica let out another sigh. It’s true; she didn’t come here to read. She didn’t come here to look through pages in a book. She came here to look at something else. Someone else and that someone else is none other than, Kim Taeyeon.

 

Jessica ignored the red head and looks around. Her eyes immediately landed on Taeyeon. The petite girl was looking her way. Her heart was beating even faster.

 

A small smile was formed on her face, but it didn’t last long as soon as she realized who Taeyeon was looking at. More like staring to be exact. She followed her line of vision and her heart fell when it landed on her best friend.

 

She could tell by the girl’s expression that she was love struck. Love struck by her best friend, Tiffany Hwang.

 

 

[Flashback – End]

 

 

 

 

“Ugh”

 

Jessica groaned once more at the thought of Taeyeon liking another girl. She was just as pretty as Tiffany, so why didn’t the girl notice her? Her blonde hair stood out a lot! But then again, Tiffany’s hair color stood out too.

 

“Sica unnie”

 

She heard her little sister calling for her on the other side of the door. Krystal knocked a few times earning a small ‘come in’ from the older Jung.

 

Krystal peeked her head through the gap and sees her sister lazily lying on the bed.

 

“Taeyeon unnie’s here”

 

Krystal says, causing Jessica to sit up immediately. Krystal laughed at the sight.

 

“What? Why?”

 

Jessica asks, confused as to why the petite girl would show up once again in her house.

 

“Math tutoring, Duh” Krystal gave Jessica a merong before leaving the blonde girl and giving their small guest some company.  

 

 

 


 

 

Daaang! I see locksmiths here and there demanding for Taengsic. lol 

&IMSOSORRY! I can't believe I did Taengsic on Fany's day :(

LOL Don't worry Fany Fany Tiffany, I'll make it up to you! In the future of course!

 

 

Let me take this time to thank you all for supporting this fic lol

Thanks for commenting, subscribing, and upvoting! ^^

I didn't think my fic would interest you lol

 

 

 

[TS] J-Min - Heart Theater

This girl is talented, SM should promote her more.

 

Do you guys enjoy the songs I give you?

Recommend me some too! lol ^^