Chapter 17: Kitchen Assistance

It's You

 

I don't even know what to call this chapter lol

I guess this is another short one.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

“Jessica! Be careful! You’re dropping egg shells into the bowl!”

 

Tiffany grabbed the bowl off from Jessica’s hands, a frown plastered on her face as she spots broken eggshells mixed in with egg yolk.

 

“I’m going to pick them all out, gosh.” Jessica says a bit irritated, getting the bowl back into her hands.

 

Tiffany let out a tired sigh after seeing her best friend act this way. “Jessi, what’s wrong?” Jessica ignored the question and kept picking out the eggshells. “Jess—“ Tiffany continued to speak, but got cut off.

 

“Tiffany, the eggs. They’re burning!” Jessica shouted, pointing at the now burning eggs on the frying pan.

 

“Oh God!” Tiffany ran frantically towards the stove, quickly turning down the fire so that the eggs wouldn’t have to burn any longer.

 

 

 

Standing in front of the kitchen doorway, Taeyeon watches in shock at the sight of a kitchen that was once spotless clean but now bedraggled.

 

“This is just too funny.”

 

Taeyeon turn to the side, and there she sees Krystal trying to stifle her laughter as she watches amusingly at her unnies.

 

“Let’s go help out!” Krystal chirped before pulling Taeyeon into the kitchen.

 

 

 

“Unnie! We’re here to help!” Krystal shouted, earning the attention of the two girls who were trying to fix the mess that they had made.

 

Tiffany looked up at Krystal, wiping her sweat with the back of her hand. “Oh, Kry.” She says before turning to the shorter girl next to her. “… And Taeyeon. Oh, wow. This is quite embarrassing.” Tiffany says, mumbling the last part.

 

Krystal smiled at Tiffany before turning to look at her sister. Jessica was still trying to pick out all the pieces of eggshells off from the bowl. She could faintly hear the many curses that Jessica was murmuring to herself. Krystal giggled thinking how cute her older sister was being.

 

Krystal leaned over to Taeyeon, whispering into the latter’s ears. “Go help Jessica unnie. I’ll help Tiffany.” Before Taeyeon could even say anything, Krystal hurriedly skipped towards Tiffany and helped the latter dispose of the burned eggs.

 

Not wanting to stand awkwardly in the same spot, Taeyeon turn towards Jessica. A smile crept up her face as she watches the blonde’s eyebrows knit together as she focuses on whatever she was doing.

 

 

 

 

“Here.” Jessica’s breath hitched the moment Taeyeon’s hands brushed lightly against her own as the latter took the bowl away from her.

 

“Wow, Jessica. I didn’t know you were this bad at cracking eggs.” Taeyeon joked.

 

Feeling embarrassed, Jessica’s cheeks became a hue of red. She wanted to argue back, but once she look up to face Taeyeon, she couldn’t utter a single word. The shorter girl had her tongue hanging out as she focus on carefully trying to retrieve all of the broken eggshells in the bowl. Jessica found this sight very cute, so she decided to keep mum so she can enjoy it a little longer.

 

“It’s like you just smashed the whole egg into the bowl or something.” Taeyeon said, thinking that Jessica by now would say something back, but to her dismay, all she earned was complete silence. Well, except for the chattering from Tiffany and Krystal by the stove and the frying of the egg.

 

Taeyeon peeked curiously at Jessica and found the blonde staring at her. “Sica?” She says, setting the bowl down on the kitchen counter. “Hm.” Jessica hummed, eyes still on the shorter girl. Sica. Hearing Taeyeon call her that was like music to her ears.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Taeyeon asks, looking away from the blonde girl and back to the bowl. She doesn’t know why, but the way Jessica was looking at her made her heart pound. Was she becoming nervous? Or was it just the feeling of being uncomfortable when being watched?

 

“Why? Is that a problem?” Jessica questioned, eyes still on Taeyeon but this time she had her chin rested on top of her palms.

 

“Well…” Taeyeon started, before turning to face Jessica, but the moment that she did, she felt her heart stop. Jessica had gotten up from her sitting position and came close to the latter. She had her thumb brush against the bottom of her lip. Taeyeon watches in shock as the face of Jessica was dangerously close to her own.

 

She closes her eyes shut, hoping that Jessica wouldn’t hear the pounding of her heart. Jessica couldn’t be doing what she think she is, is she? Taeyeon thought, but the thought immediately vanishes as soon as the angelic voice of the blonde brought her back to reality.

 

“Why do you have your eyes shut?” Jessica spoke as she backed away from the shorter girl.

 

Taeyeon slowly open her eyes, only to find Jessica wiping her hands with a paper towel.

 

“Y-You—“ Taeyeon stuttered, but Jessica cut her off. “You had some egg yolk on your face. Must have splashed while you were trying to get rid of the eggshells, but don’t worry. I cleaned it off for you. You should be grateful.”

 

“Ah.” Taeyeon had her head hung low, immediately feeling embarrassed about the whole situation. “Uhh. Thank you.” She could feel her cheeks become hot as it became a shade of red.

 

“Don’t just stand there you midget! Help me get another bowl so we can crack some more eggs. Just dump out the other one, it’s taking too long to get rid of those eggshells” Jessica ordered, reaching out for another carton of eggs.

 

 

 

Oblivious to the other two people in the kitchen, Krystal watches amusingly as Taeyeon hurriedly dumped the content out from the bowl and into the sink. She notices the shorter girl murmuring a few words, as her face was the color of fresh grown strawberries. A big smile was plastered on Krystal’s face knowing that she had accomplished something good.

 

“Those two are quite close now aren’t they?”

 

The husky voice of Tiffany startled the younger girl. “Oh! Tiff unnie!” Krystal exclaimed, her hand over her chest. Krystal saw the expression of the older girl as Tiffany stared at the two figures on the other side of the room.

 

“Waegurae? Jealous?” Krystal joked, but stop as she notices Tiffany’s expression not wavering a bit.

 

“I’m going to use the restroom for a bit.” Tiffany turned to Krystal, giving the latter her signature eyesmile before leaving out the room to do her business.

 

Krystal watches as Tiffany disappeared from the room before looking back at the sight of an irritated Jessica and a smiling Taeyeon.

 

She smiled a little and let out a tired sigh.

 

“Looks like getting you two together won’t be as easy as taking candy from a baby.”

 

 

 


 

 

I wanted to just make a chapter about Krystal but then...

It ended up not being about just Krystal LOL

Oh well... Maybe later.

Aigoo ~ Look at you guys trying to figure out the mysterious girl. Hehe.

She's actually the same girl mentioned in Chapter 04.

 

 

Happy Birthday Baby Jung!!

Please continue to shower us with your undenying love and incredible charm!

Krystal Jung Soojung! <3 :)

Forward Jung Soojung, Backward Jung Soojung.

 

 

 

 

[TS] BESTie - Love Option

(I'm so addicted to this song yo! Hehe.) U-Ji <3