Chapter 01: Heartbreak

It's You

 

“Let’s break up”

 

 

 

Two people stood under a tree in front of the school building. One of them looks around the area and sees how empty the school area had become after the bell had rang. She turns back to the taller girl in front of her; tears began forming in her eyes while her lips were quivering. “W-Why? D-Did I do something w-wrong? If I did, let me fix it” The girl was begging as if her life depended on it. She wishes the girl in front of her wouldn’t leave her. Not after what they had been through together.

 

The taller girl let out an audible sigh and shook her head. “Stop it” She didn’t like the fact that the girl in front of her was begging for her to stay. “Don’t beg, I don’t like it”

 

Hearing that, the shorter girl closes shut and stares at the ground. She closes her eyes as she waits for the words that can bring her total heartbreak.

 

“I like someone else. You know Nickhun? He’s the school’s basketball player. He’s much better than the loser that you are” The taller girl says as she crosses her arm and watches the girl in front of her. “Do you understand, Kim Taeyeon?” The shorter girl didn’t look at the latter and continues to stare at the ground. She felt droplets of water falling from the sky. Was the sky crying for her?

 

The taller latter felt annoyed that she wasn’t getting any response from Taeyeon, so she continues talking, she wanted the shorter girl to feel more heartbreak. She wanted the girl to break down in front of her like every other person she had dated before. “Kim Taeyeon, look at me”

 

Taeyeon quickly wipes away her tears and looks at the girl. The taller latter smirked at the sight of a crying Taeyeon. “I’m Tiffany Hwang, I don’t like losers like you. It was only a bet made by my friends” Taeyeon could hear her heart break into pieces. She looks back down as her tears continue to fall down her face. She could hear the footsteps leaving, farther and farther away from her as she stood still under the tree. It began to rain heavier than before.

 

After standing in the rain for hours, Taeyeon finally went to get her bag that she had place near the tree and hung it over her shoulder before leaving the area to go home.

 

 

 

Taeyeon threw her bag onto the floor as she stepped into her bedroom. She dragged her feet towards her bed and lifelessly lay there. Her eyes were red and puffy, due to the crying she did on the way home. She let out a long sigh before turning over to face the ceiling. She closes her eyes as the images of what happened hours ago played in her head.

 

 

 

“I’m Tiffany Hwang, I don’t like losers like you”

 

 

 

A loser? She knew she is one, the whole school knows that. She’s not anyone special. She has no talents; she’s not that pretty like those cheerleaders you see out in the fields. Yes, she’s smart, but does that matter? It didn’t seem to matter for Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon scrunches her eyebrows together as she frowned. Tiffany doesn’t care. She doesn’t care about her. What does she do? Taeyeon wants her to care. She’s madly in love with that girl. Love at first sight? Yes, yes it was.

 

She could remember the first time she laid eyes on the girl.

 

 

[Flashback – School]

 

Taeyeon was enjoying her romantic fantasy book that she would read during break time. Every time the bell rang, indicating that classes were over, she would quickly make her way towards the library and sit at her favorite table next to the windows.

 

Was she a nerd? Not really, well not in appearance. She doesn’t dress nerdy, nor is she pretty. She’s just… plain ordinary?

 

“Taeng” Taeyeon places her book down and turns to where her name was being called. There in front of her, stood a slightly shorter girl with blonde hair. A big grin was plastered on the girl’s face. “You’re reading that again?” The girl says as she took a seat next to the latter.

 

Taeyeon looks at the girl then back to the book. She smiles as she reads the title. “Yeah, I like it a lot” Taeyeon says before looking back to the shorter girl. Taeyeon couldn’t help but laugh when she sees the blonde disgusted expression. “Taeyeon ah, stop reading those. That book is too cheesy. I mean come on, there’s no such thing as love at first sight” The blonde says as she takes the book off of Taeyeon’s hands.

 

“Aw come on, Sunny ah. Don’t you think it’s romantic? Love at first sight, I wish I could experience that” Taeyeon says to Sunny, pulling the book off from the latter’s hands.

 

Sunny rolled her eyes as she sees the latter opening up the book and continues to read it. Sunny lets out a loud sigh before looking around the area. “Hey” She says while nudging Taeyeon, successfully getting the latter’s attention. “What?” Taeyeon says as she places her book down and turns to look at Sunny. She looks at the direction to where Sunny was pointing at and was stunned.

 

“Aren’t those two popular? What are they doing at a library?” Sunny says as she points at two girls sitting not far away from them. “I think the red head is Tiffany Hwang and the blonde one is… what’s her name again?” Sunny tries to remember the other girl’s name, but unfortunately she can’t. She turns to look at Taeyeon, wanting to ask the latter if she knew, but didn’t when she sees the latter just sitting there and eyeing the two girls in front of them.

 

“Hwang Tiffany…” Taeyeon mumbles to herself, but unfortunately didn’t go unheard by Sunny.

 

Sunny lets out another sigh before placing her head onto the table. “Looks like I spoke too soon. It seems like someone just experience her love at first sight” Sunny mumbles to herself before shutting her eyes to sleep.

 

 

[Flashback – End]

 

 

Tiffany Hwang. Taeyeon has never seen someone as pretty as her. Well, she has actually. But, to Taeyeon, Tiffany was the best. She was so happy that Tiffany had accepted her confession, but after knowing the real reason behind it, Taeyeon doesn’t feel as happy anymore.

 

 

 

“It was only a bet made by my friends”

 

 

A bet? So everything was a lie. Tiffany never loved her, not even a little. No wonder why the latter never wanted to go out with her. Not even a walk to the park, or late night movies.

 

 

 

“I like someone else. You know Nickhun?”

 

 

 

Taeyeon curled up in a fetus position. She doesn’t want to think about Tiffany not loving her. But that Nickhun, he’s very handsome, smart, and wealthy. He has everything, everything including Tiffany’s heart.

 

Taeyeon felt angry at the thought. She could be so much more than what he is. She can love Tiffany more than he could ever. She was so confident about it. She knows it. But, why can’t Tiffany see it?

 

Taeyeon looks towards the clock; it’s already 9:30p.m. She thinks maybe she’ll ask Sunny about it during break time. For now, she’ll sleep her worries away. The headache she’s having is killing her. She takes her phone and opens it up, revealing a picture of Tiffany that she took without the latter knowing.

 

“I’ll have you come back to me” Taeyeon mumbles to herself before drifting off to sleep.

 

 

 

So that's chapter one, what do you think? lol Taeyeon sure seems confident about getting Tiffany back ^^

Haha, now the blonde girl... what was her name again? ;D LOL Poor Taengoo.

Just like my other fic, I'll share one of my favorite songs in each chapter that I post.

 

[TS] Secret - Color of Love