Chapter 29: Break Up

It's You

 

I really have no clue on what I just wrote.

 


 

 

“Are you serious? I thought you wanted to pursue Taeyeon?” Krystal asked her sister, confused on what she had just heard just now.

Jessica sighed. “I want to Soojung, but it’s no use. Taeyeon is like, head over heels for Tiffany! What am I suppose to do?”

“Oh my god!” Krystal said exasperatedly. “Just tell her unnie!”

“It’s really complicated Soojung. You wouldn’t understand,” Jessica released another sigh as she rubbed her temples. “And don’t think I haven’t forgotten about you coming home late last night,” Jessica glared at her sister, while her hands busied itself with the textbooks in her locker.

“Oh,” Krystal smiled sheepishly. “I thought you had forgotten,” The taller girl rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

“I haven’t,” Jessica slammed her locker shut as she finished grabbing the textbooks she needed. “Next time, try to pick up your phone. What happen if there was an emergency and I can’t reach you? You’re lucky Yoona was with you,” Jessica scolded.

Krystal slowly nodded and quickly linked her arms around her sister’s. “Sorry unnie,” She said full of aegyo. Jessica grimaced at the uncomfortable tone of her sister. She really hates when she does that, that stupid aegyo.

“Whatever,” Jessica rolled her eyes before shoving her sister away from her. “I need to get to class.”

Jutting her lower lip, Krystal linked her arms around the latter once again. This time, tightening the hold. “Class is going to start for another thirty minutes, unnie. Did you forget? It’s break time now.”

“Well, maybe I want to go to class early this time,” Jessica muttered, gripping harder onto her textbooks. Truth is, she just doesn’t want to see Taeyeon. Especially, if the girl was going to be around her best friend. She’s willing to help Taeyeon out, but that doesn’t mean she was fine with it. She still loves the girl.

“Yeah right,” Krystal rolled her eyes. “Since when do you ever go to class early? If I’m not mistaken, you’re just trying to avoid Taeyeon,” Krystal said, pulling her sister with her as she made way through the hallway.

“Yah, where are you taking me?” Jessica questioned, trying to escape from her sister’s grip.

“Taeyeon, duh.”

“Wait, Kry! No!”

 

***

 

“Here Taeyeon, try some of the pudding. It’s really good,” Tiffany said, lifting a spoonful of banana pudding towards Taeyeon’s mouth.

If Taeyeon was still head over heels for the red head, she would have died of happiness of the sight of Tiffany feeding her, but unfortunately, she’s not. She sighed, ignoring the spoonful of pudding in front of her.

“Is there something wrong?” Tiffany softly spoke, placing the spoon back into her tray. Usually, Taeyeon would have been excited around her, but these days, she wasn’t and this leaves Tiffany quite concerened. “Is it the pudding? Do you not like the flavor?”

“I’m just not hungry,” Taeyeon answered quite gloomily.

Tiffany frowned at the answer. “But you have to eat or you’ll get sick. How are you going to take me to the festival if you’re going to be sick?”

Hearing about the word festival, Taeyeon coughed a little. “W-What?” Quickly going over to the older girl, Tiffany gently patted the girl’s back, hoping that it’ll ease the coughing. “Don’t worry, Jessica called last night and told me about it. If you wanted to go to the festival with me, you could have asked you know?” Tiffany said, eye-smiling at the girl.

“B-But, your b-boyfriend,” Taeyeon asked, surprised that Tiffany seemed to be neglecting Nichkhun.

“Actually, about that…” Tiffany spoke, but was soon interrupted by none other than Yoona.

“Hey guys!” Yoona came in with her tray of food and sat right across Taeyeon and Tiffany. “What were you guys talking about just now?” Yoona asked before munching on a piece of bread. “It looked serious.”

“School festival,” Tiffany replied back, watching in awe of how much Yoona can eat. “Oh?” Yoona grinned sheepishly at the red head. “Spending it with your boyfriend?”

Tiffany giggled and glanced at the shorter girl right next to her. Taeyeon look as if she was anticipating her answer. “Well, I was going to tell Taeyeon just now, but since you’re here, you’ll get to know too,” Tiffany said causing all ears to perk up.

“Nichk and I… well… we broke up.”

Yoona and Taeyeon was left flabbergasted at the new revelation. “W-What?” Yoona was the first one to speak. “But why? I thought you guys were a nice couple,”

Tiffany shrugged her shoulders. “Not really. He keeps flirting with Victoria and I bet you that they’ll probably get together within this week.”

“What? Really? He’s still flirting with other girls when he has you?” Yoona asked in disbelief. She really doesn’t like people like that. “Well, good riddance then! You’ll find someone much better than him, right Taeyeon?” Yoona spoke, taking a bite of another piece of bread.

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany nudged the shorter girl a bit, finding her much in a daze.

 

Taeyeon was definitely confused. Tiffany and Nichkhun broke up. Tiffany broke up with Nichkhun. But, why doesn’t she feel delighted about the news? Before she could dig any deeper into her thoughts, a certain sweet-melodic voice she grew to love broke her from her daze.

 

***

 

“Krystal, I said I wanted to go to class!” Jessica half shouted at her sister, who continuously dragged her through the school cafeteria.

“Jessica, stop resisting! We’re almost there anyway,” Krystal huffed, feeling embarrassed that all eyes were now centered on them.

Finally arriving at her destination, Krystal immediately released her arms around Jessica and plopped her bottom right next to Yoona. “Hi guys!” Krystal chirped. She took a glance at her sister who was now sporting a pout on her face. “Now, come here,” Krystal lightly patted on the empty spot beside her, to which Jessica reluctantly complied.

“So what did we miss?” Krystal asked quite excitedly.

“Not much,” Yoona said, poking a straw into her carton of milk. “Really?” Krystal questioned, looking at every single person at the table.

“Well, how about you tell them Tiffany since the whole school will know sooner or later,” Yoona gestured, sipping on her milk.

Krystal and Jessica looked at the red head quite expectantly. “Well?” Krystal asked, anticipating for a reply.

Tiffany cleared before breaking into a small smile. “I broke up with my boyfriend.” 

Krystal gasped. “What?!” She took a quick glance towards the shorter girl, wondering what Taeyeon thought about the situation.

“Why is everyone so shocked?” Tiffany baffled. “Anyone can tell he was more into Victoria than his girlfriend.”

“And you’re okay with that unnie?” Krystal asked carefully. “Why not? He should be with someone he actually likes,” Tiffany replied back.

“But you like him,” Krystal stated, raising an eyebrow at the girl.

“Well…” Tiffany hesitated to answer, but did anyway. “Not really.”

“What do you mean?” It was Jessica this time to question the red head. “I thought you liked him. I thought you really liked him,” Jessica was confused, definitely confused.

Tiffany sighed at the questions being thrown at her. “I did, but it was just a mere crush, okay? And plus, I already have someone I like. Really like for sure,” she said quite confidently.

“And who would that be?” Jessica furrowed her brows. Who else would Tiffany like other than Nichkhun… Unless… Jessica’s eyes widen. It took a while for the thought to register into her head, but she figured it out.

“That’s a secret for now. It’s something I can’t say for now, right, Taeyeon-ah?” Tiffany said, her eyes disappearing into crescents as she looked at the shorter girl beside her. Taeyeon didn't know what was going on, but nonetheless she nodded.

On the contrary, Krystal glanced at her sister and judging by the hard grip Jessica was doing with her shirt, she knew that her sister knew.

Tiffany Hwang definitely likes Kim Taeyeon and knowing the girl, she’ll do whatever it takes to get whatever she wants.

It's time to step up your game, unnie. Krystal thought. She knew she can't really count on Taeyeon to do anything since the older girl was too slow.

"Um, I need to use the lady's room," Krystal excused herself, secretly signaling Yoona to follow her. Getting the message, Yoona quickly got up from her seat and excused herself before following Krystal.

 

***

 

Making sure that the coast was clear, Krystal pulled Yoona into the school's restroom, not forgetting to lock the door. "What do we do, Yoona? Tiffany is getting in the way," Krystal half whispered, half shouted at the girl. 

Yoona sighed, rubbing her temples. "I really don't know. Taeyeon doesn't seem like she's able to do anything, so that leaves us only Jessica," Yoona pondered. "And what's this nonsense about Jessica calling Tiffany to spend the festival with Taeyeon?"

"I don't know! My sister is an idiot!" Krystal hissed. 

 

 


 

 

[TS] Kang Min Hee & Kanto - Call Me Noona