Chapter 12: Drive Home

It's You

 

I've been gone for long huh? lol

Here's a short update.

 


 

 

 

 

Lightly tapping her pencil against the table, Jessica watches as the girl across from her leaned over with a piece of paper in hand.

 

She looks so cute concentrated like that. Jessica thought as Taeyeon wrote down some numbers.

 

“So the answer is 418”

 

Taeyeon says, while circling the answer for Jessica to see.

 

Jessica nodded, gesturing the girl that she understood when she really didn’t. She was too busy looking at the shorter girl for her to even pay any attention as to what Taeyeon was saying throughout the whole lesson.

 

“Hey guys, I brought out some orange juice”

 

Krystal walks in holding a tray of three glasses of juice. She places each glass on the table before plopping herself next to her sister.

 

“Thanks Krystal, I was feeling a little thirsty”

 

Taeyeon thanked the younger Jung before taking the glass of juice and drinking all of it’s content. Krystal laughed seeing Taeyeon drink it all in one go. Must be that thirsty huh?

 

Krystal turned her attention towards her sister and noticed that the latter hasn’t touched her drink. “Yah, stop staring and drink some” Krystal nudged her sister; earning small coughs from the girl.

 

Jessica quickly grabbed her drink and turned away from the two, making sure her now red face was hidden from the short girl. She reminded herself to go beat Krystal up later before drinking the juice in one go.

 

She places her now empty glass onto the table and wipes her lips.

 

“Why the rush?”

 

Krystal says, smiling oh so devilishly to her sister. Jessica just glares at her.

 

“Ahem”

 

The Jung sisters broke away from their eye contact and turn to look at the girl across from them, giving Taeyeon their full attention.

 

“Uh, I think we’re done with the lesson”

 

Taeyeon says nervously, scatching the back of her head. She doesn’t know why, but having the two Jungs staring at her like that made her feel a little nervous. Especially, Jessica’s.

 

“Oh” Krystal spoke first before looking at Jessica. “Why not take Taeyeon home then?”

 

Jessica gave her sister a surprised look. She understand that it’s probably already dark outside and that it would be safer if Jessica just drove Taeyeon home… wait, would it even be safe if she drove? She might be too distracted by the girl that she might end up in some kind of accident.

 

“The midget could walk home herself, she doesn’t live far” Jessica says, before looking at Taeyeon with an uninterested look. “Or do you live far?”

 

“W-Well… it’s only a couple of blocks… I can wal—“

 

Taeyeon was immediately cut off by Krystal. “You see! Couple of blocks mean it’s far! Just drive her unnie”

 

Krystal rolled her eyes at the blonde girl. “Plus…” Krystal turned to face her sister, having her back facing Taeyeon. She leaned closer to her sister and whispers, “This is a good chance for you!” She says, giving her sister a sly wink. “Take it”

 

Jessica sat there frozen. Her sister was right. This is her chance and she should take it, right? Plus, she might find out where the short girl lives. Where Taeyeon lives… Her eyes went wide at the thought. Has she become a stalker?! No… She can’t be…

 

Jessica woke up from her thoughts when she felt a heavy object drop down onto her lap. She takes a look and found her car keys.

 

“Drive her home, it’s getting late”

 

Krystal says before grabbing Taeyeon and walking the latter out the door.

 

Taeyeon checks her bag to see if she had forgotten something, but it looks like she didn’t. She looks at Krystal and gave the taller girl a wave goodbye.

 

Just a few seconds later, Jessica comes with the car keys in hand. She took the chance to grab Taeyeon’s hand and pulled her to the car.

 

Taeyeon gets in the front seat while Jessica takes the driver seat. Jessica places Taeyeon bag to the back seat before starting the engine to the car and leaving out the gate.

 

 

 

 

“You said it was only a couple of blocks… lying midget…” Jessica mumbles the last part, but it didn’t go unheard by the shorter girl sitting right next to her.

 

“Sorry”

 

Jessica has been driving for already an hour. She already knew it was strange when Taeyeon had told her the directions to her house, for she had to go pass the train station. She didn’t know the latter live this far, so why bother coming to tutor her when she has to go home late. Taking the train at night was not safe. Really not safe.
 

“Taeyeon, if you live this far away from me then you shouldn’t come to my house at all… it’s not safe to go back home… especially at night time” Jessica voiced out her concern. The last thing she would want is for Taeyeon to get into deep trouble. Who knows what’s out there. Aliens could even abduct her and no one would know.

 

“But we had a deal” Deal? Ugh, that stupid deal again. Jessica massaged her temple with one hand. For a moment, she had forgot about the deal. She had forgotten that she was suppose to be helping Taeyeon get… Tiffany.

 

“Right, the deal… speaking of that, how is that going?”

 

Jessica took this chance to ask Taeyeon. She wondered how the latter felt when she walked into school today and maybe if Tiffany ever tried to approach her.

 

Jessica glanced at the shorter girl only to find the girl looking out the window.

 

“Today was… different”

 

Jessica focused on the road ahead of her, waiting for the girl to continue.

 

“I became more noticeable… and I think… Tiffany is finally seeing me”

 

Taeyeon says, smiling from ear to ear when the images of her catching Tiffany staring at her a couple of times flash through her head.

 

Jessica unconsciously frowned when she saw Taeyeon smiling like that. Yes, she felt jealous. Extemely jealous. Sometimes she wishes she were the cause of that smile. Sometimes she wishes that it were her that Taeyeon was thinking of.

 

And when will it be when you will finally see me? Jessica thought, letting out a tired sigh.

 

 

 

 

“Oh, it’s right here. My home”

 

Jessica eyed the building that Taeyeon had pointed at. She was shocked to see that the girl had lived in a small apartment.

 

“Is this seriously you’re home?”

 

Jessica says, not believing that it was indeed where the latter lives. Jessica’s family was very well off. They had money, lots of money. She and her sister lived in a big home. Almost like a mansion. Seeing something small like this for the first time made her quite surprised.

 

Taeyeon saw the blonde’s expression and couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“Don’t be shock like that. It might look small, but the people here are quite warm” Taeyeon says in between chuckles.

 

“What people? It looks empty!” Jessica says, looking around the area and finding not a single person around.

 

Taeyeon laughed once again. “What do you expect? They’re probably inside sleeping. Most of them are ahjummas, they tend to sleep a little early” Taeyeon exit the car, going to the back to get her bag.

 

“Wait! Let me walk you to your door” Jessica hurriedly unbuckled her seat belt and exits her car door before Taeyeon could protest.

 

 

 

 

After walking two flights of stairs, Jessica had finally made it to Taeyeon’s front door. She was exhausted and Taeyeon saw this. She felt a little sorry for the blonde since her apartment didn’t have an elevator or escalators.

 

“Well, aren’t you going to open the door?”

 

Taeyeon quickly fumbled through her pockets searching for her room key.

 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows when she felt Taeyeon was taking a really long time to get her keys out.  She couldn’t help it but she was getting a little impatient.

 

“Yah, midget! Are you going to make me stand here for centuries! Get out your keys already”

 

Taeyeon stopped fumbling through her pockets and gulped when she realized that the next word she’d say might be the end of her.

 

“Uh… Sica… I forgot my keys”

 

 

 

 

“You what?!”

 

Taeyeon winced at the sudden loud voice coming from the blonde girl.

 

As much as Jessica like the fact that Taeyeon just called her ‘Sica’, she couldn’t believe that she just took hours driving this midget home only to find out that she left her room key at her house.

 

“Are you serious Taeyeon?”

 

Jessica lowered her voice a little, remembering that there were supposedly people sleeping around the area.

 

Taeyeon nodded, gesturing the girl that she really had forgotten to take her key. She could have sworn that she checked everything. Krystal even checked for her.

 

“Well, call your parents to open the door instead”

 

“I… I can’t”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow as she watches the girl in front of her lower her head.

 

“… And why not?”

 

“Because… I live alone”

 

“Oh” was all Jessica could say. She didn’t know the latter lived alone. Well, she hasn’t heard Taeyeon talked about her parents at all. Maybe they live somewhere else, just like her father. “Where are your parents then?”

 

Jessica could see the girl in front of her fidgeting. Taeyeon was tapping her fingers constantly against each other.

 

Sensing that something was wrong, Jessica immediately grabbed Taeyeon’s hand, shocking the shorter girl. Taeyeon turned to look at Jessica, only to find the latter’s back facing her. “Jessica?”

 

“Come on, we’re going home”

 

Jessica silently led Taeyeon down stairs and towards the car. She unlocks the car door before going towards the driver’s seat. Before she could open the door, Taeyeon spoke. “My parents… they’re not here anymore”

 

Jessica looked up at Taeyeon and saw the girl opening the car door and getting in.

 

“Yeah, I figured”

 

She gave a small smile to the girl before getting inside the car.

 

 

 

She glanced at Taeyeon a few times while driving home. She smiled at the sight of the small girl sleeping so soundly, especially after the talk they had a few minutes ago.

 

Don’t worry, if they’re not here anymore… I’ll take their place and be here for you instead. Jessica thought as she places her eyes back on the road.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Krystal was lying on the couch and watching some television drama while spinning a certain room key in hand. She lets out an audible sigh. She was getting a little bored of waiting for her sister and a certain small girl to come back home.

 

 

 


 

 

Is my story a bit too slow? Should I rush things a little? lol I don't know.

Lee Sunmi and her awesome teasers!!! OH! I can't wait! Show me the song already! Stop teasing me! LOL

I always love that 4-D Girl lol especially her fan girling over Kim Taeyeon. ha ha.

 

Is it safe to tell you guys that this story is actually, originally suppose to be a Taengsic? lol I'm glad almost all of you want that. 

I'm a locksmith, but I'm very Taengsic deprived lol and there isn't much Taengsic out there! WAE?!!

 

[TS] Akdong Musician - Crescendo