my apartment

Bulletproof love
I squirmed in my seat, not feeling comfortable at all. I'm not used to this. I'm not used to having anyone being around me, especially a girl. I glanced to the seat beside me, taking a peek at the girl. Son Naeun. A pretty name, for a pretty lady. I looked away so that she wouldn't catch me staring, but no matter how much I resisted, I still kept looking back at her. I was mesmerized by her, enchanted I guess. I must have been obvious because she looked up at me. Our eyes met for a brief moment and the memory of her lips came back to me. The taste of her lips jolted back in my mouth and my hand shot up, touching my lips. Her face turned red rapidly and she quickly looked away. Well at least I know I'm not the only one thinking about that kiss. I tried to focus on the lecture, but quickly tuned the professors voice out. The topic was something I already learned with L. I took out my headphones and blasted my rock songs. I need the sleep anyway.

A slight nudge on my shoulder woke me up. It was gentle and soft. Like a girls. I looked up to see the girl, standing in front of me. She was holding her books closely to her chest, her hair hiding the beautiful features of her face.

" Ummmm class ended and Professor Changmin told me to tell you to meet him after class. "

That was the first time I heard her speak. Her voice was silky and angelic, a voice as sweet as honey. I'm quickly falling for her and I don't know why! I've never find a girl so attractive before. Heck I even thought I was gay at one point. But this girl, Son Naeun. She's different than the other girls. Which is bad. I don't want to fall in love! Not now anyway. I'm still young! I want to party and not worry about someone else. I stood up and walked off quietly, pretending to ignore her. I walked down the halls to the teachers lounge to find the Prof and find out what he wants.

" Ah Taemin, come here. I've got something for you to do."

I found Professor Changmin at his desk eating potato chips. He was watching a horror movie on the small tv on his desk, while a stack of papers were on the ground. I could tell from a glance that those were unmarked assignments for my class.

" You're a lazy you know that. I spent 12 hours working on that assignment!"

He looked at me with a confused looked before I pointed at the papers on the floor.

" Oh those. Don't worry! I marked yours already. Good work by the way. And what gives you the right to call me a lazy you punk!"

He chuckled as I sat opposite him. Changmin is the youngest lecturer in campus and is practically a hyung to me. Our age difference wasn't that much either, by just 5-6 years. We were close, to a certain degree. I swiped the bag of potato chips from him before he could react.

" So why'd you call me here?"

" First of all, my chips. Don't take them. Secondly, I have a favour to ask from you."

He took the bag of chips away quickly. This guy can never share.

" So what's this favour."

" I need you to take care of Naeun while she's here. I want you to show her around and be around her the whole time she's here. That sounds fine?"

I look at him on disbelief. Its bad enough I'm sitting with her in class, now I have to be her ?! This means trouble for me. My feelings..... They might get stronger....

" Wait, wait, why me! You can ask anyone else in the school! C'mon, you know how I am around people!"

" Yes of course I know how you are around people. That's why I'm asking you to be her . At least I know you won't do anything to her, unlike most of the boys in these school."

I was hesitant. I didn't want to spend anymore time with her. The knot in my stomach when I se her is just uncomfortable and something I just won't get used to. And her presence just makes me jumpy.

" C'mon Taemin! She's the daughter of a wealthy businessman and having her around wolves in this school would be bad. And I might get fired! That's bad. For and for you. Mostly me!"

My mind was racing, trying to figure out what to do, imaging scenarios and possible outcomes. After a minute, I nodded. I had to do it. Changmin is a persistent guy and rejecting him now means a thousand more pleas in the future.

" Fantastic! Now go and find her before some guy tries to hit on her! Who knows. Maybe you'll fall for her too Hahaha "

" Shut up."

He has no idea how hard I've already fallen for her.


I strolled to the cafeteria, looking for Naeun. It wouldn't be hard to find her, I thought. I just had to find the most beautiful and shining girl in campus. Oh how wrong I was. I spent half an hour trying to look for her. I was on the verge of giving up and going off when I saw them. A group of guys were gathered around a table. They were crowding around someone, and I had a bad feeling about it. I made my through the crowd, approaching the center. What I saw made my blood boil. One jer- I mean guy, was wrapping his filthy hands around Naeun. His eyes were full of lust while his words were covered in grease. He wasn't alone either. There were two other guys next to her, rubbing themselves against her. She was uncomfortable, it was obvious, but she couldn't do anything. I could se the fear in her eyes and that fear had caused to clamp up.

" Get your Damn dirty hands off her, you mutts."

I pushed through the crowd and grabbed Naeun hand, yanking her away from them. She quickly hid behind me, using me as a shield.

" What are you, her boyfriend? Scram you punk!"

All three stood up, glaring at me. They were bigger in size, and were obviously stronger. But that didn't faze me at all.

" Hell yeah I'm her boyfriend! You got a problem with that?"

I didn't back down. Instead, I closed the distance between us. I was ready to take them down, and I don't even know why. I was willing to get hurt for this girl, and I'm a guy who hates pain! I guess they didn't expect that answer because the jerks slowly backed off. They were grumbling under their breath, curse words being picked up here and there. When all the guys finally dispersed, I slumped into the seat. My heart was racing and my head was thumping front the adrenaline.

" You're not my boyfriend you know."

That angelic voice brought me back to reality. I had forgotten she was here.

" It doesn't matter. You're fine now. Just don't get near those guys again. I might not be able to act like that again."

I stood up and brushed my pants before dragging Naeun by the hand towards the gates.

" Umm where are we going? School isn't over. We still have lectures!"

" Not until 4 we don't. I know. We have the same timetable to relax. We're just going somewhere so I can take a nap, and where you won't get into trouble with those guys again."

" And where are we going exactly?"

" My apartment."