Rescue Mission

Bulletproof love
I watched everything unfold as I hid in the shadows. Taemin that idiot, getting involved in a gun fight when he never touched a gun before In his life. I planned on waiting till the last minute before coming to save him, but the appearance of Naeun though screwed that plan up. Her appearance moved things up quickly, and I had a feeling I won't have enough time to save them if I didn't move now. As the shadows converged around me, I entered the room, heading straight to Taemin. The man, Dongwoon, fired his gun at point blank range. I moved swiftly straight to Taemin, protecting him my first priority. As soon as I got to him, the bullet struck me, bouncing off of me harmlessly.

The shadows soon receded and my form came into view much more clearly. As soon as that happened, all hell broke loose. Gunshots rang as bullets were sprayed everywhere. I swiped the gun aimed directly at Taemin, throwing Dongwoon off of his feet. My shadows turned solid, and spikes burst out, striking the other gunmen. Some of them pierced two of the gunmen, killing them instantly. The other two were quicker, evading the spikes and ducking behind te pillars. It was only me and Dongwoon left.

" So..... You're Dongwoon huh? My oh my how badly I've wanted to meet you. You kinda killed my best friend, and now you're trying to kill his son. Not really getting on my good side are you."

I wanted to take a step closer, but the sound of gun clips clicking made me think twice. Damn it. There's still two of them. My eyes darted to the two gunmen hiding behind pillars before looking back at Dongwoon. He was stunned but his eyes were filled with fury. He scrambled for his gun, but I knocked it further away from his grasp.

" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHA! Puny human. I still don't see.how you killed Jinki."

The moment I mentioned Jinki, his gaze changed. The wild look in his eyes was..... Unsettling. I took a step back towards Taemin. I took a glance behind me, checking on Taemin and Naeun. She laid in his arms, blood staining both their bodies. Taemin was wailing, his consciousness gone. I could tell from his motionless body that he was knocked out. Suddenly, a flash jolted in my brain.

The image of Jinki holding on to Taeyeon in her final moments. The blood. The tears. The flashback struck me hard, and my vision blurred for a second.

Dongwoon and the two gunmen used my lapse of concentration to retaliate. One of the gunmen fired at me, while Dongwoon struck me with his fists. The second gunmen aimed his gun at Taemin. I quickly controlled my shadows to form a barrier around Taemin, protecting him. I was still being assaulted by Dongwoon, when he pulled out a knife and struck my cheek. I could feel the flesh on my cheek part, before a sharp, stinging sensation stitched them back together. My right arm quickly struck out, jabbing his ribs and knocking the air out of his lungs. I quickly grabbed his collar and brought his face closer to mine.

" You're lucky I can't kill you right now. Your time of death isn't now. But don't worry, it will come soon, I guarantee you that. Wait for it. And when that time comes, I'll personally drag you to hell."

I threw him onto the floor before approaching Taemin. Without breaking my stride, I released a few more spikes directly at the pillar with the gunmen. The taste of blood ran seeped through the shadows. Must have killed them. With Taemin and Naeun next to me, the shadows converged once again, as I teleported us to a safe house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry for the long break and short update. I was having my national exams and boy, was that an ordeal. So I didn't have time to update cause I had to study :(. Anyway, I've got a few new ideas for stories and you can look forward to them. So please continue commenting and supporting this story ^_^