the past pt2: Trophy father, Trophy son

Bulletproof love
I stood there, feeling confused and empty. I didn't know what I was suppose to feel.

" And my father? What happened to him?"

" He couldn't make it. Dongwoon was too strong, and your father..... He died trying to avenge your mother and protect his father. And Dongwoon is now hunting you. To kill the last heir of the lee family. Which is why I'm asking you To move away with me. Leave Seoul, leave Korea maybe! And go far away."

My mind was racing, feeling cramped and rushed, yet no thought popped out. I wasn't thinking properly. This was all too much for me to take in.

" Was this what you meant by the warning last night? That the fates wouldn't let me be happy with Naeun? Id die if I stay with her? But why are you helping me?! I thought you'd like destruction, pain and souls!"

My brain hurt from the information, but my heart felt more pain, more burden. To know that I had to leave Naeun, it was tearing ny heart apart.

" Yes, I like those thing but I can't let that happen to you! I'm bounded to you Taemin-ah! Cause of my promise to your father, I have to protect you! You don't realise how much power a promise has!"

My legs felt too weak for me to keep standing. The strength in my legs were fading, and my knees buckled. It felt as though a thousand burdens were placed on my shoulders. Questions flooded my brain, and emotion filled my chest. I didn't know whether to be sad, or angry, or whatever it was I was supposed to feel. I merely looked at my parents headstones, kneeling to them.

" I'll give you some time to process all of this, some time to think...... And some time with your parents."

I just sat there, looking blankly at the two of them. I didn't know what to say. I could feel tear, running down my cheeks, but I felt no sadness. I looked at my mom, thinking to myself how beautiful she looked. She was a beauty, and her smile looked warm and accepting. I couldn't help but smile along. The first thought that occurred to me was ' I finally met you, mother'. Emotion was completely overwhelming me. I turned to my father, and for some reason, anger took over. I couldn't look at his face without feeling a tinge of anger or disappointment.

" I've finally met you two. I dreamed about this day for some time, but the dreams always pictured you guys as alive, not dead Haha."

Empty laughter escaped from my mouth, as my head dropped, letting my tears flow down to my knees.

" I've always wondered where have you guys been. Its been hell not having you guys here."

My fists grabbed a handful of sand, trying to suppress the emotions that were quickly taking over me.

" I use to think you guys didn't care about me. When I go to sleep at night, you guys weren't there, and I felt lonely, the darkness was silent and cold. Why did you guys walk away from me? Why did you leave me?! Was your job much more important to you dad?! Huh? Was it more important than me?! I've been trying to deal with the pain, but its just too much. Its too painful! Is this what you call a family?! Me kneeling in front of two tombstones?"

My hand reached out as I caressed my moms tombstones. The cold and rough surface felt warm and smooth to me, just like a mothers touch.

" I wish I could just see you guys once, just once. Its been hell not having you here, and I'm missing you so bad."

The tears were flowing without stop. I couldn't help myself. It felt as though years of frustration, pain and hurt just burst out in front of them. My pain was being washed away, being cleansed. As my tears flowed and my emotions burst out, my mind cleared, and I knew what I had to do. I looked at my dads tombstones one final time before standing Up.

"Father, I'm going to do the one thing you couldn't do. You walked away from me, so this isn't revenge for you, its for my own sake. But I hope this would make you proud."

I walked away front the two graves, and headed to my destination. Find Mr Son Dongwoon and kill him before he kills me.