Memories

Bulletproof love
I sat by her bedside, watching her sleep. She looked so peaceful, as though all her worries were forgotten. I admired her features, relishing every part of her face. The smooth skin, that adorable nose, and her delicious lips. She was perfect, an angel. I went further down, her hair. Her luscious hair, it smelled like fresh lilies. As I admired her body, my eyes stopped at the bandages around her stomach. That was when I realise how terrible of a person I was. I couldn't imagine how horribly I've messed up her life, and the pain she's going through. A pang of guilt shot through my heart, as I stared at the bandages. I could do nothing but sigh.

" I'm sorry. I truly am. If you hadn't met me, maybe all this wouldn't have happened..."

Should I leave her? Should I handle all of this myself? She doesn't deserve all this mental and emotional pain. I'm not doing my job as he boyfriend if she's hurting so much. She deserves someone better. Such thought kept flooding my head, tempting me to leave her. I don't know what to do.

I kept her hand, trying to keep myself calm. I stayed in that position till I fell asleep. Even in my dreams, she was still on my mind. All the memories that I had with her, the short time I spent with her. She was the one that gave me happiness. Do I really want to leave her just like that? I felt myself smiling, experiencing the happiness again. Its the first time I remember someone so clearly.

One memory stood out. It was the day after our first night together. The day before all this started. It was the clearer memory I could remember. The moment I woke up, everything about her seemed angelic, much more than usual. She was the first thing I she the moment I opened my eyes. With her hair covering most of her face, her skin looking clear and smooth, she looked so y and cute at the same time. I pulled her hair back behind her ears, to have a better view of her face. That must have disturbed her cause she was soon cringing her face, he eyes stinging from the morning light. She hugged me closer, her face against my chest. We stayed that way for a while, before she spoke.

" Can we stay like this forever?"

" But what about breakfast? I'm kind of starving you know."

She smacked my chest lightly while laughing, her sweet voice filling my ears. It was sweet, like honey.

" You pig. I meant in love like this, forever. You think its possible?"

" Well most couples I know would say yes, and I would too, but..."

" Buy what?"

She pushed me back Alittle, her eyes looking straight at mine. I could see the hurt in her eyes, and it pained me for some reason.

" Well its just that sometimes I wish you found someone better than me. I don't deserve you, and I don't think I'd live with myself if I can't keep you happy."

That was what I honestly felt, even till now I think that way. No matter how I see it, she deserves someone better. Suddenly, Naeun cupped my face and brought it closer to hers. She looked me in the eyes, an intense look in those beautiful eyes, before kissing me on the lips. It was a loving kiss at first, before it got heated and more.... Passionate. I was starting to feel hot when she released me, my hair.

" Don't ever say that again. You deserve me as much as I deserve you. You're the only man who made me feel this way And I assure you, I will never stop loving you. So promise me this, no matter what happens, you will continue being by my side. I want you and only you. Noone else. If you want to keep me happy, then always be with me, okay?"

I was brought close to tears. I wanted to kiss her again, her lips, her cheeks, her forehead. Anywhere. I knew then that she was mine. And I want her together with me, forever.

An eternal love. That's what she wanted.

I was snapped back to reality when I felt her hand moving. She was finally waking up. She opened her eyes slowly, before looking at me. She mustered a smile for me, and I was relieved. She was feeling Alittle bit better, I guess. She tried to sit up, but the movement aggravated the bullet wound, causing a shock of pain to ravage her. I tried to hold her, to stop her from moving about.

" What happened? Why am I injured? Taemin, what happened? Where's my dad?"

The more questions she asked, the more memories she remembered, and the.more memories she remembered, the more hysterical she got. L hyung was right. Her mental state of mind isn't right right now. I quickly held her close, trying to console her. The tears just flowed from her, but I didn't care. I just wanted to be By her side