Betrayal

Bulletproof love
Dongwoon stepped into the room, a gun in his hand. His footstep were heavy and slow. I didn't move. I couldn't, to be honest. I was bounded by the shadows, and struggling against them felt like struggling against chains, only tightening around me and bounding me tighter.

" Finally, all those years has come to this. You know how long I've waited, how tortuous those years were? I guess I was paranoid that you'd come and kill me for revenge, but you can never be too careful about who's going to kill you, right?"

I could only watch Dongwoon, my brain coughing up various plans for me to escape. Just then, I saw Ilhoon, just behind the door. He was looking at me, giving me the signal to keep quiet and stay still. Well I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

" You're just going to sit there like a retard? Really Taemin? You're just making this too easy for me!"

He cocked his gun, and I was bracing myself, in case my brains do get blown out of my skull. Instead, Dongwoon, spun around and aimed his gun at Ilhoon, who was standing directly behind Dongwoon, a gun in his own hand, aimed at Dongwoon. Two madmen were shoving each others guns into each others throats, right in front of me.

" Ilhoon, Ilhoon, Ilhoon. Did you really think I wouldn't notice? Did you really think such a stupid and obvious trap would fool me? Honestly, you disappoint me."

I kept my eyes fixed on Ilhoon, waiting for th signal. He didn't face me, keeping his eye on Dongwoon. His face was contorted in anger and rage. It was the first time he actually showed some emotion. Instead of a signal, the shadows binding me became slack. I took that as the signal. I quickly rushed up, intending to tackle Dongwoon. But Dongwoon was fast, and he caught on quickly. He swung around, swinging his leg along. The momentum made the kick stronger, and the impact sent me flying across the room. Ilhoon tried to use this chance to attack, shooting his pistol at point-blank range. Despite being so close to the pistol, Dongwoon managed to barely avoid the bullet, merely grazing his cheek. He lunged forward, his shoulder ramming into Ilhoon's shooting arm. He shot his gun at the same time, the bullets ridding Ilhoon's body. His body leaned against the wall and slumped onto the floor. I was still reeling from the kick, the wind completely knocked out of me. Dongwoon approached me slowly, like a predator approaching its prey. His eyes were murderous, and the smirk on his face was absolutely terrifying.

" No more games! Last time you had your demon to save you, you were lucky. Now, Noone is here to save you! It ends now!"

He raised his gun at me for the upteenth time. I braced myself again, expecting the inevitable, when suddenly, a shadow spike impaled Dongwoon from behind. It took Dongwoon a while to realise what happened. He looked at the shadowy spike emerging from his chest. Blood used from his chest, as he coughed up blood. The spike retracted Slowly, maximizing the pain Dongwoon felt. As the spike retracted, Ilhoon walked up to him, completely unharmed. The only sign of him being shot were the holes on his shirt and coat. Dongwoon could only look at Ilhoon, his face turning pale from the blood loss.

" Must be a shock to see me alive huh old man? But I mean come on, I'm half-demon! You know that! If you had wanted to kill me, you should have aimed here, right here at the heart. You should see your face right now. Its hilarious! That look of defeat is so satisfying."

The heart? I kept that piece of information in the back of my head. I might have just found my one way out. The spike was finally extracted from Dongwoon's chest, leaving a large gap in his chest. Dongwoon dropped to his knees, his life slipping out of him. Ilhoon took a few steps closer to him, a smirk on his face.

" Its time for the youngbloods to rise."

He shot the gun at point blank range, blasting Dongwoon's brains onto the floor. He then turned to me, his gaze totally different.