Desire For Vengeance

Bulletproof love
Blood. Blood everywhere. My hands felt heavy and I looked down, looking at the face of my loved one, dying. Her face was pale, blood quickly leaving her body. I couldn't do anything. I could merely cry, the tears staining her beautiful face. The pain in my chest was unbearable. I screamed out her name, wishing it could reach her.

I sat up on the bed, my eyes looking dead ahead. My head was still in a mess, but my eyes moved instinctively. I was looking for Naeun. The image of her dying in my arms was etched deep into my mind, and I needed to know it wasn't true. She must still be alive right. I tried to leave the bed when a hand forced my back down. I tried to push the hand away but it was firm.

" Taemin stop moving about. You're still experiencing shock so please lie down."

I scanned his face, taking me awhile before I realised it was L hyung. He looked worried and concerned. But I could only think about Naeun.

" Naeun...... Naeun......"

I could only say her name as tears filled my eyes again. I grabbed his hand, expecting the worst.

" Calm down. She's fine. The bullet luckily missed any important organs, and was only a flesh wound. And she didn't lose too much blood so she'll be fine physically. I'm not so sure about her emotional and psychological state of mind but I can let you handle that later."

He my arm, trying to soothe my fears. Times like these I was thankful L sometimes acted like the hyung. My worries were mostly resolved, as I closed my eyes to rest. However, the moment I closed my eyes, scenes from the fight kept bombarding me, haunting me. That was when I remembered. Dongwoon. He shot Naeun. My Naeun. My girlfriend, his own daughter. Anger quickly washed over me. How could he do such a monstrous thing. He was a demon. He had no humanity, and is a shell of a human being. Such an abomination should not be left alive. I quickly stood up, ignoring my buzzed mind. I was fixed on one thing and one thing only. Revenge. I wanted to avenge not only my parents now, but Naeun as well. Vengeance was the only thing moving my body. Suddenly a firm hand gripped my shoulder and stopped me in my tracks.

" Where do you think you're going? I told you to lie down and rest."

" Revenge....... Revenge.... He hurt Naeun, so I'll hurt him."

I could only say that. My brain was so fixed on revenge, I was starting to mumble that word.

" Revenge? In your state? Oi get your senses back idiot. The last time you tried to avenge someone, it backfired, you punk!"

" But he hurt Naeun! He shot Naeun..... HE ING SHOT NAEUN! SHE COULD'VE DIED!"

" BUT SHE ISN'T! SHE ISN'T DEAD, ISN'T THAT GOOD ENOUGH?! Look she's fine and alive so why are you going to throw away YOUR life for something so useless like revenge?!"

He slapped me in the face, in a way to snap me from my daze. It worked. The sting from his slap cleared my mind. But I was still angry at Dongwoon. That bastard deserved to die!

" Look, Taemin. Please snap out of it. Don't make the same mistake your father did! He was so fixed on revenge, he left you. Look where that got him. Now, will you do the same thing and abandon Naeun? She needs you when she wakes up so don't leave her. I don't think she can handle knowing you're gone from her life too, after finding out her fathers true identity."

I could only clench my fist in a way to curb my anger.

" But He's a monster..... He deserves to die after What he did!"

" I know! But you can't do anything about it. You're far too weak to face him alone."

Suddenly, an idea formed in my head. " Then fight for me!"

He looked at me, disbelief written all over his face.

" Help me take revenge! Since I'm too weak, the you do it since you're a demon!"

L hyung could only shake his head. He heaved a sigh, one filled with disappointment.

" I can't do that. No matter how much I want to Taemin-ah, I can't. The fates forbid me from interfering in human matters. They only let the matter of me taking care of you slide because they know it was a promise with your dad. My promise with him is the only thing keeping me alive in here."

I was getting impatient now. I was clutching at straws, anything, just to get revenge.

" Screw the fates then! You're a demon for god's sakes! Why can't you do what you want!"

" Because I just can't okay! Do you know what happens when a demon defies fate? Do you? They get banished to oblivion! One demon got too emotionally attached to a human and wooed her, even though the fates disapproved of the meeting. Yet he defied them and married her. You know what happened to them? The girl got sent to hell while the demon was obliterated. Gone. And their son, well I don't know what happened to him. Noone does. Do you understand? I can't just 'defy fate'. Its impossible without getting me obliterated and you being sent to hell. And I promised your father I wouldn't let that happen."

I racked my brain. But there was just nothing to help me. Nothing to help me convince L hyung to help me this time. I dropped to my knees, my brain hurting. I tried to cover my ears as the sound of Dongwoons laughter filled my ear drums, mocking me. I could only apologise repeatedly to no one in particular.

" Taemin-ah get up. Be strong. Right now you have to be there for Naeun. She's the most hurt right now. Her mind would not be stable so you have to be there for her, okay? You love her right?"

At the mention of Naeun, my mind became clear. My love. I had to take care of her. I hugged L hyung closely, whispering my thanks before running to Naeun's room to check up on her.

-------------

I watched Taemin run to Naeun's room. That kid, his only salvation is that girl. If I had a heart, I'd feel sorry for him. But there was no time for sentiments. Danger was near. I could feel it. This was different too. Not the normal assassin that I killed previously. This was stronger, more blood lust, more..... Demonic. Demon blood? I had to find out. I left the house, intending to eradicate the threat first before protecting Taemin. I checked the fates. Seems like this guy was meant to die, but he cheated death before, back when he was in the mansion. He's one of the subordinates then. Well then, this time, he won't be so lucky.