Payback

Bulletproof love
His movements were quick and swift. Despite losing most of my powers, my thousand years of battle experience came to play. I ducked backwards, my face inches away from the oncoming blade. I didn't stop there. I placed all my weight on the balls of my feet and propelled myself towards him. The first to land a critical strike is the winner, that's what I've learned. My knuckles aimed straight at his solar plexus. He was just as experienced, it seems, as he went straight for a headbutt. His forehead connected strongly with my fist, and the clash neutralized each other.

The force pushed both of us back. My fist ached, and I could see his face crunch in pain. It was only a second before he regained his composure and striked again. I was still getting used to my powerless body, and my movements were sluggish. This was all he needed to slash my right leg up. It was fast, the blade invisible to the eye until it cuts through the flesh. The pain was unbearable, but I managed to move my weight to my other foot, and rolled underneath the man. Though blood was not seeping through, the flesh wasn't healing like it should. I could only clutch the wound, doing nothing to help it heal.

The trapping circle was definitely a bother. I needed to plan a way out, a way to get us out of the house. The guy didn't give me Any chance to think though. He had his sword aimed at my throat this time. I ducked downwards, and used all my strength to tackle him. While he was off-balance, I swung my left arm upwards, a left uppercut directly into his chin. I followed it up by smashing my arm like a hammer onto his chest as he staggered backwards. A combo that left the assassin down on the ground, clutching his chest. This was the perfect chance. I tried to find a way out, or a weak spot in the house to break out off, but without my powers, I couldn't find one quick enough. The groans from the hitman made me turn back and face him. He was back on his feet, rubbing his neck. He looked at me and point his sword at me.

" You're pretty good. Guess I misjudged you. Time to get serious."

With that, he went into a fighting stance, his sword positioned at his side. I kept glancing upwards, towards the rooms on the second floor. The windows! They were weak. If I could break in from there, I could definitely break out from there too!

I slowly stepped back, my eyes fixed on the hitman. He was watching me carefully, expecting a surprise attack. It took him a few minutes for him to realise what I was doing, and he quickly struck. He wasn't giving me any chances of leaving huh? His footwork was swift, and hard to predict. He was right in my face in seconds. The sword sliced upwards, slightly slitting my chin. My shirt though was ripped directly in half. He didn't even blink when he brought the sword downwards, slicing my left arm perfectly. I didn't have time to experience the pain, as I used the chance I had to strike. As he changed stances, My left leg shot upwards, pushing him backwards. I used that chance to run up to the first room I saw.

The hitman was persistent. He was still swinging his sword as we climbed the staircase. It would occasional leave cuts on my skin as I used my arms to deflect the main blow. Other times, he would completely miss and strike a part of the stairs. As we entered a room, he landed another blow, this time slicing my right arm. ..... Both my arms are immobile now. I can't fight! It seemed like the hitman knew that too, and he lunged for a final blow. It took all the strength I had to dodge. The sword was embedded into the wall. I kicked at the wall, breaking the sword in half, before swinging my foot at his ribcage. My arms were immobile, so I used the next best thing. I grabbed the broken part of the sword with my mouth, and tackled the hitman directly with the sword, impaling him and pushing him into the windows and out of the house.

As we landed outside, I could feel my powers surge back. I was finally outside the circle. My powers, my senses, surged through my veins. The wounds were healing, slowly, but healing nonetheless. The both of us were dazed, but I was quick to recover. I stood back up, with strength back in my body. Payback time, kid.