Tonight

Bulletproof love
" Naeun-ah! I'm glad you called. I wanted to hear your voice again."

My voice nearly cracked, my heart aching from the thought of hearing her voice for the last time. But it wasn't. It wasn't her voice that answered me.

" Hello. You must be Lee Taemin! I'm Naeun's father. She's mentioned you a lot to me, so this made me really excited to meet my daughter's boyfriend at least once. Why not today! I'm free for dinner, and I won't be free till next week. Does that sound good to you?"

He wasn't asking. I could tell from his tone that he was demanding my attention, ordering me to go for dinner with their family. I looked back at the gun on the table, before deciding my answer. I was hesitant, but I wasn't able to finish my thought. I didn't even get to give my answer.

" I'll take that silence as consent! Good. I shall send my subordinates to fetch you. I am looking forward to meeting you, Lee Taemin."

I didn't know why, but my stomach dropped when he called my name. My senses tingled, while the little voice at the back of my head shouted * DANGER*. Yet, I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong. In fact, nothing was wrong. I was just invited to dinner at Naeun's family. At least I'll get to meet her one last time. I took out a jacket and got ready. I grabbed my keys and walked out the door when I stopped. My head was stuck on the thought of bringing the gun. My intuition and gut told me to bring it. I was tempted, hesitating for a second, before a before and walked back and grabbed the gun, holstering in my jeans. I felt as though I would have good use for it tonight.

I walked down the pavement, waiting for my ride. The sun was setting, the sun's rays, dancing off the windows in the streets before it finally got engulfed by the night. The night signalled a drop in temperature, as I could feel te cold harsh gales blowing through the night. Finally, I could see a car approaching. It was black and the car was tinted black. Had it not stopped in front of me, I wouldn't have noticed it. A young man around my age got out of the car and approached me. His eyes were dead, his hair a ruffled mess. Yet, he looked extremely attractive, even for a guy. His physique wasn't anything special, but I knew he was dangerous. I could sense it.

" You are lee Taemin?"

His voice was flat and emotionless. His eyes were dead, giving away no emotions. I could only nod, intimidated by this man. I walked behind him and got Into the back seat.

--------------

I sat reclined on My couch, sipping my coffee. I could hear Naeun changing upstairs. She probably wants to look good in front of her boyfriend. It is a wonderful event. A bloody wonderful event. My mind was spinning. The time has finally come. I'm finally meeting the last Lee. My fears of him hunting me do can finally be buried. I will not let anyone ruin the hard work I've done for the past 20 years. I was fiddling my fingers, when the doors to my office opened. Ilhoon, Peniel, Hyunsik and Sungjae entered with a young man. He was of average height, and his body was quite muscular, but not buff. He was looking around, absorbing his surroundings. As his eyes darted around, he finally locked eyes with mine, and a smile stretched across his face. He looked apprehensive, and cautious, but he continued approaching me.

" Good Evening Sir! I'm Lee Taemin, Ummmm I'm Naeun's boyfriend."

He bowed down low to me, showing his manners. When he mentioned Naeun's name, his face was filled with joy and love. I almost feel sorry for him. But he just confirmed it for me. He fits the bill and his name is exact. He's the one I'm looking for. I offered my hand for a handshake, acting friendly to him.

" Taemin! I finally get to meet you in person! Naeun has been talking a lot about you. She obviously loves you very much. Please, please, be more comfortable! Just call me Dongwoon. Son Dongwoon."

At the sudden mention of my name, his face darkened. His hand became stiffer and his grip got tighter.

" You are Son Dongwoon?"

His voice shook Alittle. This is interesting.

" Yes. Why? Is there a problem?"

" Yes actually. A big problem. I was going to find you. And kill you."

He suddenly backed off and pulled out a gun from his jeans. He pointed it at me. I was literally staring down the barrel of the gun. I couldn't help mute smirk Alittle. This is getting my blood pumping.

" Thing is kid, I called you here to kill you as well."

I pulled out a pistol from my jacket, while my four men took out their guns and pointed at Taemin.

" what are ya gonna do now kid? You've got 5 guns pointed at you. You kill me, you die. You don't kill me, you still die. Either way, your life ends. Here. Tonight."