Bereavement

Bulletproof love
I flexed my muscles, feeling the power and strength running in me. I was finally out of the circle and its effects were wearing off. Not only that, its night time, and the moon was giving me an extra boost. I could feel my eyes turning black as my demon side took over. I punched the ground once, testing out and getting used to my strength again. The earth cracked and caved in slightly. I couldn't help but grin. This is going to be easy, or so it seems. My senses were the next one back, and straight away, I knew something was wrong. The assassin was standing up as well, without so much as a bruise. He looked at me with red eyes, and his skin seemed paler.

" You're not human are you. I smell demon blood in you..."

I was doubting myself. No way he's a demon. I mean why would a demon work for a human? He threw away the broken militant sword, and took out the katana. It was longer, and deadlier.

" Demons don't have blood. You know should that."

He rushed forward, his speed reaching unbelievable heights. Didn't retreat though. I changed the density of the skin on my arm, making it harder. I strode forward as well, my arms now weapons of their own. We clashed in mid air, steel versus steel-like skin. The impact created a shockwave, blasting both of us back. I wasn't back to full condition yet, but in my current condition, I was confident I could still beat him. He attacked again, this time aiming for my legs. I crouched on one knee and blocked the sword with my arm, grabbing it with the other. He couldn't pull back his sword, and I use that chance to retaliate. I pulled the sword, pulling the assassin along with him. At the same time, I swung my left fist at him, striking his stomach perfectly. The punch sent him reeling backwards. However, he still didn't let go of the sword. This time, I was the first to attack. I swung my left arm like a sword, prompting the guy the block with his katana. With his arms full blocking my left arm, my right arm stabbed him in the shoulder.

His hold on the katana slackened, and his defence fell in that instance. I used that to my advantage, pushing him backwards and pinning him against a tree. Blood was pouring from his wound on his shoulder. That was when I saw it. Black blood. I looked at him in the eye, and he gave me a leer. His eyes turned dark red, and he pushed me back slightly, putting all his weight onto his sword.

"Like you said, I'm not a normal human."

We were at a deadlock, standing there sword to arm. His arm was healing, while my powers were coming back. I had a bad feeling in my gut, as though telling me prolonging this fight would result in a bad outcome. I needed to end this fight. I wasn't in my fittest condition, but I had to try something. In my mind, I tried to control the shadows, commanding them to subdue my opponent. The attempt failed, only able to control a sliver of the shadows. He noticed it too, the unusual movements of the shadows.

" Don't try."

He shifted his stance, pulling the sword back while he lunged forward. I was caught off-guard, and I lost my balance. He moved quickly and sliced downwards. He advanced forward, swinging the sword wildly, as I retreated backwards. I barely dodged most of the strikes. He stopped for a second, adjusting his stance before he continued his assault, stabbing forward. I didn't realised I was cornered until my back was against a cliff wall. The sword stabbed me in the heart up till the hilt. I looked at the assassin in surprise, before laughing out loud.

" Sorry kid but I can't die Hahaha I've got no heart to aim at!"

He suddenly gave out a chuckle, producing a piece of paper from his pocket. He slammed the piece of paper onto my forehead, crushing my skull into the wall.

" Well now you can. Experience hell, demon, and get dragged back to hades."

The pain I felt over thousands of years came rushing throughout my body, as though ripping my insides to shreds. I watched as the assassin walk away, my shadow, and my powers, following him and abandoning their master. I tried to call out to him, at least try to pry out the sword, but the pain was just overwhelming. As the pain riddled my body, my eyes rolled back, looking at the stars and the moon in the sky. In my mind, I could only think of Taemin.

I'm sorry kid, hyung has to go first. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you till the end. One by one, the stars burn out and the only thing left in the sky was the moon. Jinki-ah, Taeyeon-ah, sorry I couldn't keep my promise. I can't go to where you guys are, but wait for me yea?