Fault

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Himchan’s POV

She gently blew on the hot broth before bringing it to my lips. The herbal taste was not to my liking, but I smiled at her anticipating frown. “It’s delicious.”

Her shoulders relaxed as she smiled. She fed me another spoonful, careful enough as to not spill anything on my blanket. She felt my burning forehead with the back of her hand and sighed, “I told you to take better care of yourself.” 

“But I’m happy right now that I’m sick.”

She looked at me like I’d said something extremely ridiculous.

“I like lying here in my bed, with you taking care of me like this. I feel loved,” I snickered.

She rolled her eyes yet a smile tugged on her lips. “Well I’ll be leaving when your mom comes home.”

I frowned. I didn’t like the idea of her leaving. I’d never like the idea of her being away from me. “Haejin, one day, when we get older, let’s get married and live together. Then you can take care of me allllll the time.”

Her face turned a deep shade of red. How adorable. “You’re ridiculous.”

 

-

 

She places the hot bowl next to me on the floor of the living room. I whine, “Aren’t you going to feed me?”

She looks at me like I’d said something extremely ridiculous, “Hell no. Feed yourself.” She turns away and busies herself with some paperwork. After the camping two days ago, we go back to the norms of our lives. The other guys are at work while I’m here, down with a fever. Haemi’s at school. Haejin’s my personal nurse for today. I am ridiculously happy.

I manage to sit up with a groan, scooting closer to her with the hot bowl in my hands, and peek over her shoulders to see what she was doing, “A job application?”

“Yeah.”

“For what?”

“To be an editor for a magazine company.”

“Cool,” I take a sip of the broth. Wow, it tastes as great as I remember it to be. “It’s delicious,” I say as I noticed she was looking from the corner of her eyes.

She bit back a smile, “I know.” She diverts her attention back to her paperwork.

I observe as she writes. “How long did it take you to learn how to write using your right hand?”

She involuntarily paused and stutters, “W-What are you talking about? I’ve always been right-handed.” She continues to lie and deny – because she doesn’t remember. She doesn’t remember that she’d already told me all about the accident and the pain she went through when I was absent in her life. She doesn’t remember her drunken confession.

I guess that’s for the better. If she doesn’t want to deal with the pain in her sober state, I shouldn’t force her. I don’t want to witness her break down again, anyways. It was too painful to watch, knowing there’s nothing I could do to undo my mistakes. “Okay, if you say so.”

If I could turn back time, I would go back to my younger self and punch him in the face for being so blind and stupid; for letting go of someone who loved me dearly, and someone whom I love still. It was all my fault – but I still believe I deserve a second chance.

Her phone blares up indicating a notification. She lit up upon seeing who the message is from. I try to peek over her shoulders but she shrugs me off. She types her reply with a smile on her face. My eye twitches involuntarily at the sight. Why isn’t she paying attention on me?

“Hey, Haejin, you’re supposed to be my personal nurse for today. Act like one.”

She gives me a side glance and scoffs, “ off.”

“What’s with your vulgar vocabulary?”

“What’s it to you?” She stands up and gives me a petty look, “I’m going out tonight so I hope you’ll take care of yourself, okay? Okay bye.” She struts to her room, humming to herself; along the lines of what she should wear for tonight.

She’s acting really strange…maybe…maYBE IT’S A DATE. Is she going out with a guy?? Who can it be?? Oh how dare she. She’s just doing this to make me jealous. Well you better st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter