Sunny Sunhi

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Haemi’s POV

She’s bee-yuh-tee-ful. Geh-or-geous. Breath-taking.

She stands in between Youngjae and Daehyun as I welcome them in. I shake her hand – super soft hands, she probably sleeps with her hands in jars of baby lotion at night – and she flashes her pearly whites, “Hi, nice to meet you, Haemi. The guys told me a lot of great stuff about you.”

“You too, Sunhi-sshi,” I lie. The boys never even mentioned about her before – maybe once, when Junhong showed me a picture of Himchan’s girlfriend upon my request. They’re perfect together.

She’s actually a trainee under TS Entertainment. I can already picture her performing on stage, outshining her future band members. She has the most perfect complexion with silky, soft hair; enchanting pair of eyes and a captivating smile. She’s slender, slightly taller than me and most probably around Haejin’s height.

“What’s with the formality? Just call me Sunhi,” she giggles. I sit on the couch with her while Junhong and Jongup are helping Haejin arrange dinner on a small table in our living room. Himchan and Yongguk aren’t home yet. Youngjae and Daehyun went to freshen themselves up before dinner because Haejin complained that they smell like sweaty pigs.

Haejin wipes beads of sweat off of her forehead and bows hello to Sunhi. Sunhi mirrors her actions, “Nice to meet you, Haejin. The guys have—”

Haejin smiles slightly and walks away before our guest could finish off her sentence. I mentally slap myself. That eonni can be ridiculously rude at inappropriate times. 

The front door swings open. Yongguk and Himchan enter with grins on their faces and cartons of beers in their hands.

“Who’s ready to par-tay?!?!?!” Himchan laughs. However, his expression drops upon seeing Sunhi. She leaps off the couch and hugs him. They excuse themselves out the door for a while.

Yongguk let the love-birds have their moment as he takes the cartons from Himchan and stacks them on a side table. He grins at me, “Don’t worry Haemi, I also bought your favorite fizzy ginger ale!” he hands me two cartons of them. Ohmygod, he’s like the best big brother anyone could ever ask for. I give him a quick hug before showing them off to Junhong.

“Ta-da! Special only for us underage kids,” I present them to him, who’s in the kitchen with Jongup and Haejin.

He laughs and takes them, holding them up away from my reach, “They’re gonna make you gassy and sick. We’d better have orange juice instead.”

“Just admit that you can’t stand the taste of ginger, Junhong. You’re weak! You can’t stand the pure taste of maturity and adulthood!”

“Oh my God,” Haejin murmurs and rolls her eyes at my dramatic speech. Jongup chuckles and tails after her with a stack of plastic cups. He places them on her forehead as she rummages through drawers searching for chopsticks. “Look, look, Haejiunicorn.”

Yongguk walks into the kitchen with a warm smile, though shadowed by his heavy eye-bags, “Anything I can help you with?”

Haejin shuts the drawer with a swing of her hip and shakes her head. “Never mind, dinner’s ready.” She crosses her arms – she's not smiling. “And, you know, you should’ve at least told me beforehand if you’re bringing home a guest.”

Yongguk looks taken aback, “Are you talking about Sunhi right now?”

“Yeah, whatever her name is.”

“She’s a close friend of ours – she’s Himchan’s girlfriend. Her name is Sunhi. I didn’t know that she’s joining us for tonight, too – but I don’t see why that’s a problem.”

The atmosphere was getting intense. Ugh, why must they always do this? Jongup nudges her softly, “Noona, can we just eat dinner now?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter