The Truth

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Haejin’s POV

So it wasn’t Bang’s fault.

“So I’m guessing he was in the toilet or something when I placed you in that motel room,” Yonghee shrugged, taking another sip of her alcohol.

I chugged another shot down my throat, “And then what? You stripped me ?”

“No! I have no idea how you were the next morning, though,” Yonghee refilled my glass, “I’m really sorry, babe. I was in a hurry that night.”

“Yeah, and then you simply disappeared for like a month,” I spat bitterly, “I was searching for you everywhere! Do you have any idea how horrible it was to live with them, not knowing what had really happened that night?!”

The other people at the vendor shot us strange glances.

She raked her short hair back with a sigh, “The loan-sharks were after me, Haejin-ah. It was terrible. I had to run away with only a few cash I received from my performance that night. The club I used to work at kicked me out because the loan-sharks thrashed their place in search of me.”

I downed another glass, looking away from her. She was sympathetic, but so was I.

“...which is why I’m back here tonight,” Yonghee in her teeth, getting my attention, “Haejin-ah, I need to borrow some money.”

OH FOR ’S SAKE—

“You,” I bit on my tongue, holding back the raging fire inside of me. I could feel the alcohol kicking in, “.”

“I’m truly sorry for the trouble I’ve caused you, my frieeeeeenndd. I’m a horrible person,” she sobbed, hitting her head against the foldable table repeatedly, “I understand if you want to chop my head off right now.”

I placed both of my palms on her head, “I’d really like to do that, you know. You’re such a . You’re an , Park Yonghee. I ing hate you.”

Yonghee tilted her head slightly to look at me with her tear-stained eyeliner, “So you’ll lend me 10 million won, right?”

 

-

 

ApePig’s eyes widened as he stumbled back in his seat, “H-How did you get here?”

I scanned the small studio. Music sheets were sprawled on the desk in front of him. Recording equipments and musical instruments gave off a really professional look to it.

“How’d you pass through the security??” he looked at me in utter disbelieve, as if I had slaughtered the guards on my way inside the well-known TS company.

I put up my hand, showing the ring on my finger, “Ta-da.”

He let out a sigh of relieve and gestured me to sit, “Why are you here?”

I bit on my lip, still contemplating on whether I should tell him or not. Since the beginning of all, the plan was to end all of this when Yonghee’s back, as she had all the explanations needed. To my dismay, the history of that particular night seemed to not be at his fault.

But Bang Yongguk had the rights to know. He probably felt as terrible as I did, constantly questioning wild possibilities on what had truly happened.

But he’d probably kick me out if he finds out about the clear truth of that night – and I couldn’t let that happen.

I needed to keep up with this contract-relationship – because I needed the money to pay off all of Yonghee’s debts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter