Bitter

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“We will go through every single obstacle that comes our way – together.”

His words lingered in her mind, developing her heart in assurance and warmness. She sat alongside the others listening to the principal’s speech. Her eyes locked with a guy standing in rows with the other graduates on the stage. She smiled, her heart flutters and brushed off her inward worries.

He was graduating high school, while she still had another few years. She would have to go through another 3 years by her own. She feared knowing very well it would be hard for the both of them to see each other from then onwards.

But he promised he would make sure that they’d be together forever. He told her to believe in him.

And she did. She trusted him with all her heart.

“I love you, Haejin.”

 

 

 

Kim Haejin’s POV

“You’ve changed a lot, haven’t you?”

“Yes, yes I have. Thanks to you, Himchan,” His name felt coarse as they escaped my lips. I bit on my own tongue in hopes to scrape off the bitterness that was developed just by uttering his name.

I was about to walk away when he stopped me. “I need to thank you...too.”

I didn’t bother to waste another second to listen him out. But he stood arms stretched to block my way. “Thank you for being Yongguk’s fake fiancé.”

I took a step back. Don’t show any sort of emotion. You major in that, Haejin.

“The media had been eyeing B.A.P for a while since there were speculations that a member of our group is dating somebody at the moment,” he continued despite my obvious display of oblivion, “and I’m sorry you have to do this. I really am. It is all...my fault.”

His apology was something I longed to hear after all these years – but not of this current reason.

“But I hope you will cooperate well with this acting...for the sake of my relationship.”

Every single detail of his sharp features made my stomach turn in disgust as he looked down at me, waiting for my response.

I bit on the insides of my cheek, the familiar taste of copper giving me a strange calming sensation. And at that moment, it was almost extremely clear of what I had to do. “You should know that I’m paid to do this.”

“Yes, so I have been told. Listen – Haejin, I know things are being really hard on you right now,” he spoke no louder than a whisper, nervously scanning around the place to make sure no one was eavesdropping, “but I beg you, please, only this once. Please do me this favour.”

No. Whatever that I’m doing, whatever that I had agreed to do, would never be for you.

I signed that contract with that stupid guy. I’ll get paid. Extra cash for me, everybody’s happy, nothing should be the problem.

“Himchan-shi,” I chuckled and gave him an amused look, “you’re being really funny. I think you should go get some rest,” I turned to dump the lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter