Mixed Emotions

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Haejin’s POV

Oh. My. ing. God.

“Haejin? Wake up, we should get going,” the deep, comforting voice quickened the pace of my heart. He touched my forearm lightly, wanting to turn me around as I was lying back-facing him on the bed. His electrifying touch sent waves of emotions over me.

I slapped his hand off and sat up quickly. “Okay, fine, I’m sorry.”

He had that confused look again.

“It was an accident. Last night. The kiss. I guess it was just a spur of the moment. You don’t have to feel pressured. Just act like nothing happened.” I didn’t wait for him to reply and went to the small bathroom to change into my damp dress from yesterday. Yuck, even my undergarments were still not fully dry yet.

I walked out of the bathroom to find him leaning against the wall by the door. He had his arms crossed in front of his chest. Those arms...

I mentally slapped myself. You’re ed up, Kim Haejin.

He didn’t try to strike a conversation after that. Yongguk gave an amount of money to show gratitude to the house owner but the kind old lady declined. She even packed us breakfast. I unpacked the disposable container and the smell of fermented cabbage overtook the car. There were steamed rice with fried eggs and kimchi.

Yongguk leaned closer yet kept an eye on the road as he drove. “Feed me.”

We didn’t talk much – just the constant struggle to feed him with a limp plastic spoon while he tried to drive properly on the undeveloped road.

The car took a sudden turn at a sharp corner. Yongguk defensively stretched his arm in front of me to avoid collision. I cupped a hand over the food I was about to feed him and accidentally grazed my fingers over his lips.

He felt it too.

The morning sun was peeking through the shady trees. He parked the car by a side of the road. He unbuckled his seatbelt to turn to face me. “I can’t.”

It was hard for me to even speak. “C-Can’t what?”

His eyes dropped to my lips, mirroring my unconscious actions. “I can’t just act like nothing happened.”

 

-

 

Bang Yongguk’s POV

Her eyes darted elsewhere, desperately trying not to make eye-contact.

“Should we do it again, then?” Damn, I sure have balls of steel.

“W-What?”

“Let’s kiss,” I shrugged to hide my nervousness, “Let’s see if what I felt last night was real.” It was great. Too great that I couldn’t stop thinking about it. My whole body tensed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter