The Countdown

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Haejin’s POV

3 weeks more to go.

I got out of bed quietly, trying not to wake Haemi up who was sleeping soundlessly beside me. It is 6AM on a Saturday – I should be sleeping still but I couldn’t. I walked out to the living room and tidied it up a little bit. Then, I went to the kitchen to fix breakfast.

They’d love chocolate chip pancakes, I smiled unconsciously at the thought of their faces grinning out of gratitude. How they’d fight over the last piece and complain about how I should’ve made more no matter how much I already made; how they’d thank me by annoying me with blesses and laughter.  Wow, I’ll really miss them.

Maybe a year later, they probably won’t even remember me. Will we keep in touch? It’ll be hard to meet up. After these 3 weeks, Yongguk will break it to the media that our ‘engagement’ is broken because he’s too busy with their packed schedule. We’ll end it in good terms. Maybe then people will feel sorry for me. His fans would be happy that I’m out of the way. But soon after that, they’ll all forget this ever happened. I’ll just go back to being a plain-Jane.

They’ll grow even more popular. I might have a stable job by then. Haemi will enroll in college. Life goes on. It’s kinda amusing.

Let’s make it an easy goodbye.

 

 

 

Bang Yongguk’s POV

The sweet aroma of pancakes woke me up. I walked to the kitchen and smiled upon the familiar back view of the woman I love. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck. She let out a soft laugh before backing away from the stove. She turned around to face me and draped her arms over my shoulders. “Good morning, handsome,” she pecked my lips with smiles lingering on us. “Did you wake the boy up, yet?”

I shook my head, “Which one of those grown men are you calling ‘boy’?”

She gave me a funny look but was interrupted by approaching sounds of giggles and tiny feet pattering on the wooden floor. A small boy clung onto my legs. I turned to her with a confused look, “Whose kid is this?”

She furrowed her eyebrows with hands on her hips, “What the are you talking about, ApePig? He’s our child!”

 

 

I shot up awake out of breath. What the actual…

The sweet aroma of pancakes. My heart thumped. It was just a dream, right? I nervously went to the kitchen. There she was, back-facing me as she busied herself at the stove. My heart thumped even harder. It was…just a dream…right?

Haejin turned around and almost dropped the pan at the sudden sight of me. She cleared with a hand on her chest, “Good morning; you almost gave me a ing heart-attack, congratulations.”

“Morning,” I murmured back. She was about to turn to the stove again when I suddenly called out to her, “Hey Haejin, we don’t happen to have a child together, do we?”

Her eye twitched involuntarily.

“Okay, yeap, no, just making sure.”

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter