Thirty-one

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bang Yongguk’s POV

One can only imagine how furious I am. I was clueless and tired. I had no idea where to look for her. I went to her old house. I went to bars and cafes. I drove far past towns. I was 2 hours away from home when Youngjae called saying that they found her at some shady restaurant. How did they even think of looking for her there? I guess I don’t know Kim Haejin that well after all.

 But as she looks down at me from the 3rd floor, with a small smile and her middle finger up as she mirrors my actions, a wave of relieve swept over me. I’m just glad she’s safe and sound.
 

 

“I’m still pissed off at you,” I glance at her sideways as she halts to a stop from jogging towards me. I can sense the guilt from her but she covers it with a squint of her eyes.

“You called me here just for that?”

“No, of course not,” I grunt. I take off my coat and wrap it around her. The idiot had run out of the house in her thin pajamas. Where have you been? I was so worried, idiot. “Aren’t you supposed to apologize?”

She hesitantly pulls my coat tighter around her body, eyes darting elsewhere but me, “Yeah.”

I pull out a few cash and hand it to her, “Go buy me ice cream.”

Her eyebrows furrow.

“Go buy me ice cream now and maybe I’ll forgive you.”

She gnaws on the inside of her cheeks before taking the money and jogs off to the nearby convenience store. I can’t help but stare as she jogs further away from my fixed standing. Her ponytail sways from side to side and my coat looks so good on her. Please hurry and come back. She then returns with a vanilla lime ice cream.

“You didn’t get any for yourself?” I ask as I take it from her.

She has this ‘I-didn’t-know-if-you’d-be-cool-with-that-so-I-didn’t’ face, “I, just, didn’t feel like having ice cream right now.”

We sit on the curb in silence. I guess it’s just how we are. Both of us aren’t really good with words.

I offer her my ice cream and she hesitated before giving it a light . One could only imagine how hard I have to restrain myself from kissing her. “That coat,” I clear my throat, “you can have it.”

She must think I didn’t see her smile as she covers half of her face with the hem of it, “It stinks, though. It smells like you.”

This . “Wash it yourself.”

“I won’t, ever,” I caught her murmur under her breath.

“Youngjae already told me about what happened with you and Sunhi,” I explain though she didn’t ask. I’m sorry she hurt you.

She simply grunts in response. She looks at me when I’ve finished my ice cream, “but it’s true, isn’t it? About you, liking her before?”

“It was just a stupid crush.” It made me go through quite a heart-break before, but I’ve forgotten all about it. “By the way, just forget about whatever she said. She makes the dumbest decision sometimes, but she’s actually quite a nice girl.”

“I don’t want to hear good things about her from you.”

“Why not? Are you jealous?” I joke.

She looks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter